Social Thread

Mafia is a forum game of strategy, deduction, persuasion, clever traps, nerve and deception. Every game is unique and playing it with those who play diplomacy as well makes it all the more challenging and interesting. We have a unique mafia community on the site and we're always looking for fresh blood.

Moderators: bkbkbk, Telleo, condude1, sjg11, Zoomzip

Re: Social Thread

Postby Telleo » 27 Jun 2019, 22:44

But yes. Was fun. Would indeed murder people with you again. :D
A pretty young girl who's not dumb
But started to feel somewhat glum,
Did leave for a time,
Now comes back to rhyme,
And also to kill her some scum.
Harb wrote:Telleo is gender-bent Chaucer from A Knight's Tale

Moderator of the Mafia Subforum!
Bearer of the The Holy Whoopee Cushion of Memetic Sarcasm.
Telleo

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (951)
All-game rating: (908)
Timezone: GMT

Postby nanooktheeskimo » 27 Jun 2019, 23:24

Telleo wrote:
nanooktheeskimo wrote:Last time (only time I think) it mostly consisted of Nanook doing weird shit and saying “trust me trust me,” Telleo face palming and saying “fine whatever,” then Keir subbing in and in a massive plot twist not figuring out the team until there were 5 minutes to deadline and the only townies around were him and Kim so nothing could be done.

‘‘Twas fun, 7/7 would sweep again.

This is pretty much 100% my recollection of that game. Like, we planned some early fighting, and then it devolved into unplanned fighting, and I basically remember spending the whole game going WHAT IS NOOK DOING?? and then like twenty minutes later WHY IS WHAT NOOK'S DOING WORKING??

:lol:

That sounds about right.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

I am your (co-) Leader.

GM of WitA 7, WitA 8.

Come play face to face!

Need a forum game GM'ed? PM me!

Mod (but I'm normally not talking as one)
nanooktheeskimo
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1389)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby sjg11 » 28 Jun 2019, 13:11

condude1 wrote:Nice one Nanook!

Also, Condude's Game Design Emporium is now open for business! I'm super happy to announce that I got accepted into my top choice Medical School, which also means that I probably won't have time to run all the designs I have kicking around. So, rather than letting them die, I posted them in a thread, where people who want to run them can take them, modify them (or keep them the way they are!), and GM them! Some of them are in early stages, while I have at least 1 that is completely ready, but just waiting on a GM.

Condude

Congrats condude!
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)

Postby sjg11 » 28 Jun 2019, 13:12

nanooktheeskimo wrote:I'm not sure how I feel about it tbh, but I made it into the MU champs final game.

Grats nook
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Postby Keirador » 28 Jun 2019, 18:04

Congratulations condude, that's fantastic! I have to admit it's a bit strange for me, it's not very often that very young players prove such enduring and and important members of the community that old timers like m'self essentially watch them grow up (sorry, there was no way to make that sound less creepy). You're becoming a doctor, shadow's been seeing the world and learning to feed herself effectively, it's all happening so fast!

condude1 wrote:It's also a lot less stressful than undergrad

. . . does Canadian med school work quite differently than American med school, or are you fooling yourself?
Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
Keirador

Location: Living secretly in the home of every single resident of Night Vale
Standard rating: (1132)
All-game rating: (1133)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Telleo » 28 Jun 2019, 18:35

Keirador wrote:Congratulations condude, that's fantastic! I have to admit it's a bit strange for me, it's not very often that very young players prove such enduring and and important members of the community that old timers like m'self essentially watch them grow up (sorry, there was no way to make that sound less creepy). You're becoming a doctor, shadow's been seeing the world and learning to feed herself effectively, it's all happening so fast!

. . . does Canadian med school work quite differently than American med school, or are you fooling yourself?

Did leave for a time,
Now comes back to rhyme,

Telleo

Postby condude1 » 28 Jun 2019, 20:31

Keirador wrote:

There are a fair few differences, one of which is that Canadian schools are a lot more competitive to get into (I know, American schools are competitive enough in the first place!) The prerequisites for getting into, say, UBC Medicine were only slightly easier than getting into Harvard from an academic standpoint, but also put a lot more emphasis on extracurriculars. Med School in Canada's also Pass/Fail. It's obviously a lot of work, but in talking to a bunch of med students, most say it's actually less work than the final years of undergrad (where you really only feel good about a course if you pull off the 95% required for an A+). Plus, there's no longer the hurdle of having an insanely competitive program looming over you - the 98% completion rate of medical school is a lot more comforting than the 5% acceptance rate of most schools.

Oh, I was also referring to the first few years. Clerkship's a lot of work, and residency's known for being extremely tiring. I was referring to my next 2ish years, even though I stand by the claim about stress levels (we'll see if I still do in a couple years! ;) ).
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
condude1

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby shadowface » 29 Jun 2019, 00:33

Telleo wrote:
Keirador wrote:Congratulations condude, that's fantastic! I have to admit it's a bit strange for me, it's not very often that very young players prove such enduring and and important members of the community that old timers like m'self essentially watch them grow up (sorry, there was no way to make that sound less creepy). You're becoming a doctor, shadow's been seeing the world and learning to feed herself effectively, it's all happening so fast!

You monster, telleo. Don't think I forgot whose gif that is.

Also yeeeeees Condude is a nerd :geek: :D
The begrudging bearer of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:

sjg11 wrote:You seem almost intelligent
shadowface

Standard rating: (892)
All-game rating: (892)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Telleo » 29 Jun 2019, 02:11

shadowface wrote:
Telleo wrote:Image

You monster, telleo. Don't think I forgot whose gif that is.

Also yeeeeees Condude is a nerd :geek: :D

Ahhhhh no, I'm pretty sure I posted the General Grevious "This will make a fine addition to my collection" gif in response, which as we all know means that ownership rights of the gif are transferred to me. Sorry 'bout it.
Did leave for a time,
Now comes back to rhyme,

Telleo

Postby sjg11 » 29 Jun 2019, 17:28

As a future lawyer it is my considered opinion that Telleo has successfully earned use of the gif from shadowface using Normal Internet Rules. Sorry shadow.
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

PreviousNext