How Did You Find Us? Poll

Mafia is a forum game of strategy, deduction, persuasion, clever traps, nerve and deception. Every game is unique and playing it with those who play diplomacy as well makes it all the more challenging and interesting. We have a unique mafia community on the site and we're always looking for fresh blood.

Moderators: Zoomzip, bkbkbk, Telleo, condude1, sjg11

Which best describes how you came to play mafia at playdiplomacy.com?

Referred to playdip from players on another site where mafia is played.
No votes
Came for the diplomacy. Noticed the mafia forum, had played the game in some capacity elsewhere, thought I'd give it a go.
40%
Came for the diplomacy. Noticed the mafia foum, had not played the game in some capacity elsewhere, looked interesting.
37%
Came for the diplomacy, received an invitation or referral, was intrigued, and jumped in.
12%
Came specifically for the mafia, not so much referred as found using google-fu or similar means.
No votes
Came specifically for the mafia, referred from someone RL or online, but not specifically from a site that plays mafia.
2%
Came specifically for the mafia, referred or found through another site's mafia community.
5%
I arose, phoenix-like from the ashes of another player.
No votes
Came for another forum game on this site primarily, noticed the mafia forum and jumped in.
No votes
Came for another forum game on this site primarily, was invited or referred to try out mafia.
5%

Total votes : 60

Re: How Did You Find Us? Poll

Postby Pagane » 26 Mar 2014, 13:43

I've been back for a few games. I'm going to take a break for a couple of months as soon as Buffy Mafia finishes, but I won't disappear the way I did last time.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.

Previously known as Santiago Matamoros.
Pagane

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1079)
All-game rating: (1085)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Ugluk » 26 Mar 2014, 19:23

I think I only knew SM from Espionage (Mafia Invitational 8), followed by Crunkus' Survival-themed game (the name often escapes me), where I honestly screwed up, though people thought it was a deliberate murderizing of him (he had just subbed in).
Niakan is a tease.
Ugluk

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1048)
All-game rating: (1028)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Ugluk » 26 Mar 2014, 19:37

But to get the thread back on track .. I forget how I learned of Diplomacy, but it brought me to the site, and the forum posts on the main page brought me to forums, where I celebrated solo victories over people who are fiercely loyal and only win in split games. After a while I found Mafia, which had died a little while before, but was somehow revived. First game was V, I hosted XII, and the next was Firefly where I went toe to toe with Crunkus in his first game.

Zoe, deleted scene wrote:Once you've been in Serenity you never leave. You just learn to live there.
Niakan is a tease.
Ugluk

Standard rating: (1048)
All-game rating: (1028)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Crunkus » 27 Mar 2014, 00:02

That was fun, as was the payback in Star Wars next game...even though I was horribly wrong of course.
(sigh)
Crunkus

Class: Star Ambassador
All-game rating: (944)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby tn5421 » 14 Jan 2015, 11:28

istott pointed me here, actually.
~~~~~~ My GTKAS Thread | My Blog ~~~~~~
[21:23:48] <GhostFrog> bdsm is always more fun with a restraining order
[9:00:59 PM] kingdomacesbeta: Actually knowing what you're doing is overrated.
[10:47:56 PM] caledfwitch: omg tn-senpai/sakura is adorable
tn5421

Standard rating: (947)
All-game rating: (948)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby istott » 14 Jan 2015, 11:29

Youre welcome.
If you want me to do something or have a question for me, please be specific. I have Asbergers.
istott

All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT

Previous

Return to Mafia