New Battle Resolution

Forum game hosted by Flatley

Moderators: mat.gopack, Zander, chrisman39

New Battle Resolution

Postby TheRedArmy » 12 Nov 2009, 21:25

The BOSS has voted, and by majority, the way battles shall be handled has been decided.

BoSS Proposal #5

1. From now on, this rule will apply to any and all combat situations. Combat situations will be described as one armed, military or para-military force attacking another armed, military or para-military force.

2. Such a combat event will begin when the attacker declares an assault on a piece of land claimed by another player. The attacker will send information on the attack, including a minimum of the size and location of the attack, to an impartial judge. Tactics, technology specifics, and strengths/weaknesses of the troops are also encouraged, although not required. However, these factors may not be taken into account if the information is not given.

3. The impartial judge will then inform the defender of the impending attack, warning the defender at least 24 hours in advance to order his troops to their positions. The judge should also give the defender information on what region(s) are under attack.

4. The defender will then inform the impartial judge of any information on his defense. This must include, at minimum, the quality of static defenses and the size of the defending army. Tactics, terrain features, technology, levels of local support, and specific strengths/weaknesses of troops are also encouraged, although not required. However, these factors may not be taken into account if not information is given.

5. It is then the Impartial Judge's duty to, using a fair method, determine the outcome of the battle. They will then publish a combat report, to be released to all parties participating in the battle. This should include information on who won, the margin they won by, and a list of casualties.

6. The first of these impartial judges will be TheRedArmy. If a judge resigns or is found unfit to continue their duty, an election between all officers and rulers will be held to determine the next judge. The BoSS has the power to label a judge unfit for duty, if they are found cheating or otherwise unfairly tilting the balance of a fight to one persons side.

7. Any violent action not mentioned*, shall continue to follow the "common sense rule," and be exempt from this rule.

* Such as an armed military force VS an unarmed military force (aka a mass execution)

(Well, that's a lot longer then I intended :? . It can basically be summed up in the sentence: what we usually do, but the battles are slightly slower, and there is a judge to decide who wins.)

I will serve as the first "Impartial Judge".

No combats shall occur from now until Saturday, 12:00 AM, GMT. This is to ensure all players have an opportunity to read and understand the rules. At that point, I will begin accepting PMs for attacks from nations.

Please include "CYOC" in your PM line to me, so that I can easily separate them into another folder.

Good luck to all of you on the battlefield.
Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears.
Proud Member of the Diplomacy League team, The Force.
New to Diplomacy? Join a Mentor Game!
TheRedArmy

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-6

Re: New Battle Resolution

Postby TheRedArmy » 17 Nov 2009, 23:49

I was thinking we should get some mock battles in before any real combat starts, so we can all get a feel for the system.

If two countries are willing to have "War Games", this could be worked out.
Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears.
TheRedArmy

Postby Zander » 18 Nov 2009, 00:09

TheRedArmy wrote:I was thinking we should get some mock battles in before any real combat starts, so we can all get a feel for the system.

I'd be willing to take someone on.
Zander

Timezone: GMT-5

Postby TheRedArmy » 18 Nov 2009, 00:22

Zander_The_Great wrote:
TheRedArmy wrote:I was thinking we should get some mock battles in before any real combat starts, so we can all get a feel for the system.

I'd be willing to take someone on.

I thought you might. If Waterice is willing, it could between us BOSS members and we could tweak the system as necessary (and I would explain how I got what I got, etc.).
TheRedArmy

Postby Waterice man » 18 Nov 2009, 00:24

Go on then.
Why did the chicken cross the Möbius strip?

The word 'surrender' derives from old French
Waterice man

Timezone: GMT

Postby TheRedArmy » 18 Nov 2009, 00:30

Then, we'll have our first war game!

Zander, PM me an attack proposition (as if you nation was at war with Waterice) within 48 hours. Remember to add "CYOC" in your title line.

Waterice, I will PM you with a report of the attack. You may then defend as you will.

Good luck!
TheRedArmy

Postby e chip » 18 Nov 2009, 05:34

Maybe we could make it a 3-way war ;)
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
e chip

All-game rating: 1000

Postby TheRedArmy » 18 Nov 2009, 19:42

e chip wrote:Maybe we could make it a 3-way war ;)

Eek. That would be complicated. In the future, we'll try that out. For now, let's sort out two-ways.
TheRedArmy

Postby e chip » 19 Nov 2009, 05:00

TheRedArmy wrote:

Eek. That would be complicated. In the future, we'll try that out. For now, let's sort out two-ways.

Its not like I'd last long or anything
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
e chip

All-game rating: 1000

Postby TheRedArmy » 19 Nov 2009, 23:05

e chip wrote:
TheRedArmy wrote:

Its not like I'd last long or anything

It's just for fun anyway. So we can all see how it would work out. They're not actually going to war.

Also, Zander, you've been kind of inactive recently. If you need us to get someone else for it, say the word.
TheRedArmy

Next

Return to Create Your Own Country