RP Queue

Forum game hosted by Flatley

Moderators: mat.gopack, Zander, chrisman39

RP Queue

Postby Subotai45 » 15 Aug 2018, 09:45

Organizational space for rps! If you’re interested on running one, you can post a title/description, number of players you want, and anticipated start date.

Currently in the “queue”
ACADEMY IV: It's my thread, I jumped the queue, I'm doing this with or without y'all.
Reverie with musashi - Who knows?
Beowulf with Matt - “maybe”
Merry Mercenary Massacre with Kingpie - proposed
West African politics with MK - postponed until MK is less busy
The Accident - Redsun - proposed
Last edited by Subotai45 on 10 Dec 2019, 21:35, edited 8 times in total.
Subotai45

All-game rating: 4127
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: RP Queue

Postby mat.gopack » 08 Sep 2018, 18:08

Another option to add to the queue would be in the UMC - perhaps Sigma Draconis/Beowulf, our major non-solar system territory. It could be a political, story, or other style RP depending on how it's setup, so I'd put it as a 'maybe'.
.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.mat.gopack.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.
Mattopia of the Mattibean Union in CYOC. You should join ;)

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"

Spreadsheets are fun!
mat.gopack

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (929)
All-game rating: (929)

Postby kingpie3 » 09 Sep 2018, 17:58

We could do an RP about international mercenaries in the rural Baujantec Entinates. Players would basically play new soldiers hired by the Consortium to quell a Bauno Church rebellion or something similar.

It’d probably be a straight combat RP, characters outfitted with their own techs to take down the enemy. All the while dealing with Baujantecois cult politics, the remaining criminal underworld, native Martians, and the “Untouchable” Guild’s nomads.
The Techabaun Federation in CYOC

Unless both sides win, no agreement can be permanent.
- Jimmy Carter
kingpie3

All-game rating: (1000)

Re: Interest in the Academy 3: Red Bugaloo

Postby Subotai45 » 02 Oct 2018, 23:23

OOC: Musashi and I agreed that, despite formal queue order, the lighthearted Academy RP may be a better choice in the current environment than the Maceivilean Reverie. This is a PG-13 RP so no cursing or, I guess, graphic sex scenes with minors? Also don't kill kids.

IC:

"The school year waits for no one"

Despite high international tensions, the schools still open their doors. The children won't educate themselves, after all, despite any claims they might make to the contrary. And despite their revolutionary spirit, the people of Venus are, in many ways, deeply traditional, and exiling even recent foes goes against the ideals of the ancient Academy which floats above their heads. Who knows? Perhaps even the most burnt bridges can be repaired...

Welcome to the Universal Proletarian Academy of the Workers' Children! On this station, floating high above the planet Venus, homeland of the revolution, you will engage in your high school* years with the best and brightest young comrades of the VSFSR and PREU, as well as many international dignitaries (including those of high foreign birth, even if such a thing is unrecognized in the UPF). While this Academy is similar to that of its predecessor, specializing in the art of diplomacy and the science of warfare, there are several structural changes which the Commissar of Education believes will be of great benefit to the students:

1. A trip to Venus, to expose them to revolutionary ideals.
2. A variety of extracurriculars including a student-written musical.
3. A foreign trip, preceded by presentations from all students, the best of which will decide the location.
4. A practical final, where the students will showcase their knowledge of leadership, light infantry combat, and revolutionary spirit.

In between these benchmarks, the administration of the UPAotWC expects that the typical exploding missiles, strange Mobian children, noble spats, unapproved excursions, and general hilarity will make this semester at the Red Academy a truly unhinged delight.

Each participant may send up to five students (hard to keep track of more) but is also welcome to send less (better to have a few strong characters than a bunch of weak ones, but having two in case one gets trapped in a slow conversation or thrown out an airlock is always good).

No knowledge of CYOC is necessary to play - just some good old-fashioned proletarian spirit!

*edited to HS rather than previous college-age cuz y'all just kept sending 12 year olds.
Subotai45

Postby Constantine072 » 03 Oct 2018, 00:06

Interested
SWG - RIP - Benjam Frail Radiant
(former fan) of GPG till Dungeon Siege 3 and Supreme Commander 2
ARM and UEF forever
Also known as Dragun101, and Schlitzaf on other forums
Constantine072

Postby Zander » 03 Oct 2018, 03:53

In!

Sending a normal human this time.

100% "normal" human.
Zander

Postby beadsman » 03 Oct 2018, 04:46

In. I have plans for guy, though, so please no one murder him.

OOC: Murdering him would actually be a really good move for the sake of humanity, but I need someone to be an evil future politician who quietly takes over and becomes the most evil dictator in the history of my nation! So please don't kill. It would also be extra mean because his dad just died in the war. I'll probably theirs sometime else in the mix, too. That person can be murdered of you really want to. If obviously prefer not, but whatever.

Evil kid is named James Nuvaillois Astor. (Note that Nuvaillois is an anagram of "villainous".)
Silver member of the Classicists

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room." - President Merkin Muffley
“It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.” - William Blake

Imperator of the Cyon Imperium in CYOC
beadsman

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1594)
All-game rating: (1605)

Postby Subotai45 » 03 Oct 2018, 11:02

Beads, murder will be extremely extremely limited and unlikely so no worries. It’s a school not a bloodbath.
Subotai45

Postby Subotai45 » 03 Oct 2018, 14:03

Running interest list:
Cons with Totally Not A Terrorist Pilot and Mr Only Here To Spy on You Better
Zander with A Suspiciously Normal Human
Beads with High School Hitler and Possible Nonhitler Characters
Subs with A Really Incompetent Theater Geek and other TBD characters
Матт with An Immigrant and also The Son of A Self-Proclaimed Emperor Who Just So Happens to Fight For $$$
MK with the Goody Two Shoes Gang
Last edited by Subotai45 on 03 Oct 2018, 20:05, edited 2 times in total.
Subotai45

Postby mat.gopack » 03 Oct 2018, 14:23

I will participate in this for sure!

This time, I'll have 2 characters (probably) - a first generation Mattibean from Madagascar, daughter of a West African immigrant there, and then the son of Gerhard von Mattia, the mercenary self-proclaimed rightful Matt of Mattopia (due to general ancestry & other related stuff) who's been off fighting for cash and for his own affairs in colonial systems.
.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.mat.gopack.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.
Mattopia of the Mattibean Union in CYOC. You should join ;)

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"

Spreadsheets are fun!
mat.gopack

Standard rating: (929)
All-game rating: (929)

Next

Return to Create Your Own Country