General Domestic Issues

Forum game hosted by Flatley

Moderators: mat.gopack, Zander, chrisman39

Re: General Domestic Issues

Postby Zander » 28 Oct 2014, 23:40

Martian organic food has become quite popular among a portion of the population of the NVC. Members of the small natural foods community have taken to the down-to (figurative) earth branding of what is perceived as a newly re-discovered lost civilization. It's very groovey.
Zander

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby narwhalwarlord » 29 Oct 2014, 01:20

I remember when you did something similar for me, Zander, at the very beginning. It was nice.

Thanks for that. You could be a domineering little cynic like me, but instead you use what you've got to better the newbs.

If I had Mobius, I'd like to say that I'd do the same. Realistically, however, I would have annexed all of humanity into a super-collective and taken over. So again, thanks for not being a domineering asshat like me.
COWARDS, I WILL NEVER "SELF-CRIT"

Venusian Colonial Despot/Post-Nazbol/Part-Time Warrior
narwhalwarlord

Standard rating: (947)
All-game rating: (948)

Postby Zander » 29 Oct 2014, 22:54

Awww, thanks. You make a fish blush :3
Zander

Postby Geonosis70 » 30 Oct 2014, 00:21

OOC: Is Venus all buddy-buddy with Mobius now, or just with Zander?
PM me for eu4 strats
Geonosis70

Postby narwhalwarlord » 30 Oct 2014, 01:40

OOC:

Mobius = Great Satan

Zander = Pretty Damn Cool Guy
COWARDS, I WILL NEVER "SELF-CRIT"

Venusian Colonial Despot/Post-Nazbol/Part-Time Warrior
narwhalwarlord

Standard rating: (947)
All-game rating: (948)

Postby Subotai45 » 30 Oct 2014, 01:51

Neither, if I'm being perfectly honest. Nar praises Zander, as Nar thinks that he'd be worse, but I don't think that point of view is entirely merited. I'm pretty sure he'd do more to help NPs than Mobius, largely because both of us were NPs a lot more recently than any members of Mobius. Honestly, this episode doesn't seem any particular cause for celebration on our part - Zander did a small good, which is nice, but by no means does it eradicate some of the stuff Mobius has done to NPs on Venus.

This isn't to say I'm staunchly opposed to Mobius, just that I regard this as a relatively minor point in their favor. It's nice, which should be commended, but what I regard as truly hopeful is the combination of Zander's comments showing a desire to work for peace, and the role of Edda as a potential bridge between Mobius and Venus.

Neither the comments by Zander expressing a wish for warmer relations nor Edda make Venus "buddy-buddy" with either Mobius as a whole or Zander in particular. Nothing IC has happened between our nations to change the rather distrusting attitude Venus still has towards Mobius. But there is a definite increase in the possibility of such a reconciliation.

My opinions of Mobius members, especially relative to each other, change frequently. Nar's right with the Great Satan bit, and although Zander is my favorite Mobius member at the moment, I'd say that Nar has a sunnier opinion of the guy than I do.
Subotai45

All-game rating: 4127
Timezone: GMT-9

Postby musashisamurai » 30 Oct 2014, 01:59

Subotai45 wrote:, I'd say that Nar has a sunnier opinion of the guy than I do.

I'd say that I have a sunnier opinion of Nar than I do of you.
¸,,¸_____}\,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,...,,,,,,
`’’´¯¯¯¯¯}/’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’¨¨¨¯
The simulacrum is never that which conceals the truth-it is the truth which conceals that there is none. The simulacrum is true.
musashisamurai

Postby Subotai45 » 30 Oct 2014, 02:16

Ah. Is this due to your continued hold of the absurd claim that a lie renders me a completely untrustworthy and morally corrupt individual? For we all know that none of these good-hearted people on this purest of forums have ever told a lie, and that my slight dishonesty marks me as a social deviant, unfit for inclusion in moral society. We all know that in the simple arithmetic of honesty, that untruth I told outweighs the truths I've said and the secrets I've kept.

You harp on the lie I told you. You forget the truth that, despite your animosity, I have continued refrain from publicizing the records of our conversation, although it surely would have proven a benefit. Before condemning my dishonesty and slandering me as dishonorable, you should take a closer look at your interactions with me in the whole, rather than selecting your favorite episode, the low point in our relations, and leaving your analysis with that.

If, of course, the matter is a simple preference for my esteemed comrade over myself, I have no quarrel with your choice and most deeply apologize for the belligerence in the first two paragraphs. If I believed that Nar was simply unlikable, Venus would be divided still. But if your comment was more than a simple statement of fact, that you prefer my compatriot over myself, then I must object to the continued shabby reasoning used to uphold your shabby opinion of myself.
Subotai45

All-game rating: 4127
Timezone: GMT-9

Postby chrisman39 » 30 Oct 2014, 02:20

Subotai45 wrote:Neither, if I'm being perfectly honest. Nar praises Zander, as Nar thinks that he'd be worse, but I don't think that point of view is entirely merited. I'm pretty sure he'd do more to help NPs than Mobius, largely because both of us were NPs a lot more recently than any members of Mobius. Honestly, this episode doesn't seem any particular cause for celebration on our part - Zander did a small good, which is nice, but by no means does it eradicate some of the stuff Mobius has done to NPs on Venus.

This isn't to say I'm staunchly opposed to Mobius, just that I regard this as a relatively minor point in their favor. It's nice, which should be commended, but what I regard as truly hopeful is the combination of Zander's comments showing a desire to work for peace, and the role of Edda as a potential bridge between Mobius and Venus.

Neither the comments by Zander expressing a wish for warmer relations nor Edda make Venus "buddy-buddy" with either Mobius as a whole or Zander in particular. Nothing IC has happened between our nations to change the rather distrusting attitude Venus still has towards Mobius. But there is a definite increase in the possibility of such a reconciliation.

My opinions of Mobius members, especially relative to each other, change frequently. Nar's right with the Great Satan bit, and although Zander is my favorite Mobius member at the moment, I'd say that Nar has a sunnier opinion of the guy than I do.

I mean Zander also avoided Mobius becoming an all powerful god-nation by spending a few centuries researching space whales while countries like mine caught up. If he wanted to, Zander could have controlled the known universe by now. :P
chrisman39
Premium Member

Postby kingpie3 » 30 Oct 2014, 02:27

To be kinda honest, I actually like Venus. I'm reasonably impressed with the developments you both have made, and look forward to seeing you guys develop. I'm putting the past behind me, and everyone in Mobius and Venus should do the same. Let's just let Zander do his thing, and if the Venusians are ready, they can enter political conversations with me. We can have the PCG moderate again if you like. But that's besides the point. I have respect for the Venusians and what they've been able to carve out in the international community. While I find some of their decisions (like their lies), and their attitude towards Mobius at times foolish and childish, and admittedly sometimes warranted, as a whole I've started seeing you guys in a different light. Kudos to a job well done so far guys. I'm still apathetic to you guys, and am really only opening up on a matter of principle (yes I have them too), but I do want to point out I don't hate you or your nations.
The Techabaun Federation in CYOC

Unless both sides win, no agreement can be permanent.
- Jimmy Carter
kingpie3

PreviousNext

Return to Create Your Own Country