General Domestic Issues

Forum game hosted by Flatley

Moderators: mat.gopack, Zander, chrisman39

Re: General Domestic Issues

Postby RedSun » 27 Apr 2019, 14:07

Subotai45 wrote:Could you clarify what you mean there? Last I was informed you still had a sphere of influence over nirvan as per the agreement where Nirvan would reform and you’d maintain your stature there.

I’m just making sure that Venusian Royalists aren’t operating in my sphere in China.
Groups:
The Glorious Holy Asterian Empire in CYOC
RedSun

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1156)
All-game rating: (1173)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby RedSun » 27 Apr 2019, 14:18

jpstreetman wrote:Breaking news! Terror in Transylvania! Bombs set off at Belgrade power plant, the city was in darkness for 3 days! The suspect is a montenegrin citizen of Serbian descent. A Romanian paramilitary group called "The Eye of Dracula" has retaliated by raids into Montenegro, Kosovo and Albania. Stay tuned for more. Updates on the Balkan situation.

Hfpe The Eye is being covertly supplied by the Transylvanian Intelligence agency and plans are in place for the government to do coverup and scapegoating if it gets found out.

The Patriotic Front’s Albanian Branch “Frontin Patriotik të Shqipërisë” which operates throughout Montenegro, Kosovo and Albania has made a public announcement:

“We will not stand idly by while citizens are terrorized by an imperialistic state whose ambitions are to dominate all neighboring states. While Greece was already lost by the time we arrived at the Balkans we will not stand by and watch more states be accumulated by an aggressive neighbor while the international community is content with watching them devour as all of them are equally guilty of subjecting various groups under their domain. ‘unidade, fraternidade, liberdade!’ We will fight until we see the oppressed subjects of the globe liberated once more. We are a Frente Patriótica, the Patriotic Front!”

OOC: Just to make this clear JP, I’m not opposing you as Asteria. The Patriotic Front is a sort of militant organization I’ve been meaning to start up (as you may have noticed in your RP) using various people disillusioned by their imperial overlords. I mentioned in the RP I would have them after the loss from Greece set up camp in Albania (I’m referring to Kosovo, Montenegro and Albania all as Albania since that’s what the organization has dubbed it in terms of the Branch affiliated with it) so there ready and waiting if you want to have a fun little war ;) .
Groups:
RedSun

Postby Subotai45 » 27 Apr 2019, 14:35

RedSun wrote:
Subotai45 wrote:Could you clarify what you mean there? Last I was informed you still had a sphere of influence over nirvan as per the agreement where Nirvan would reform and you’d maintain your stature there.

I’m just making sure that Venusian Royalists aren’t operating in my sphere in China.

Not these Venusian nobles but there’s probably a separate group.

IC: The Empire denounces the Peoples Front. If a country is small, it should be annexed by those larger and stronger. If Transylvania asked they would get involved to put down those nationalist rebels.
Subotai45

All-game rating: 4127
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby RedSun » 27 Apr 2019, 19:13

The Empire? Empire of what? You are not an enemy of the Patriotic Front as you control nothing. If you con Roll nothing your not an imperialist and therefore we have no quarrel with you. Now go back to your asteroid and be nice and quiet as you remiss about the time when you were kicked off your own planet by a couple of rag tag leftist rebels.
Groups:
RedSun

Postby Subotai45 » 28 Apr 2019, 13:13

Brave words for someone in stabbing distance
Subotai45

Postby jpstreetman » 04 May 2019, 19:59

RedSun wrote:
jpstreetman wrote:Breaking news! Terror in Transylvania! Bombs set off at Belgrade power plant, the city was in darkness for 3 days! The suspect is a montenegrin citizen of Serbian descent. A Romanian paramilitary group called "The Eye of Dracula" has retaliated by raids into Montenegro, Kosovo and Albania. Stay tuned for more. Updates on the Balkan situation.

Hfpe The Eye is being covertly supplied by the Transylvanian Intelligence agency and plans are in place for the government to do coverup and scapegoating if it gets found out.

The Patriotic Front’s Albanian Branch “Frontin Patriotik të Shqipërisë” which operates throughout Montenegro, Kosovo and Albania has made a public announcement:

“We will not stand idly by while citizens are terrorized by an imperialistic state whose ambitions are to dominate all neighboring states. While Greece was already lost by the time we arrived at the Balkans we will not stand by and watch more states be accumulated by an aggressive neighbor while the international community is content with watching them devour as all of them are equally guilty of subjecting various groups under their domain. ‘unidade, fraternidade, liberdade!’ We will fight until we see the oppressed subjects of the globe liberated once more. We are a Frente Patriótica, the Patriotic Front!”

OOC: Just to make this clear JP, I’m not opposing you as Asteria. The Patriotic Front is a sort of militant organization I’ve been meaning to start up (as you may have noticed in your RP) using various people disillusioned by their imperial overlords. I mentioned in the RP I would have them after the loss from Greece set up camp in Albania (I’m referring to Kosovo, Montenegro and Albania all as Albania since that’s what the organization has dubbed it in terms of the Branch affiliated with it) so there ready and waiting if you want to have a fun little war ;) .

OOC Oh, yes, let's have a fun little war by proxe if you want we can get a judge and concrete numbers, or we can do this more by fiat and RP, sorry I was without internet for a week.
jpstreetman

Postby Subotai45 » 04 May 2019, 22:30

If y’all decide to go the judging route I can wrap it into the larger PF situation underway.
Subotai45

Postby RedSun » 05 May 2019, 17:51

So I’m not going to be able to be too active until after Thursday. So I’ll try to get full responses as often as possible but I may be slow and stuff
Groups:
RedSun

Postby Subotai45 » 10 May 2019, 23:06

The UPF believes in human rights. It announced RFS as part of an ongoing effort to secure freedom of information for all sentient beings. Similarly, all sentient beings have the right to an education and health care. Therefore, in any state in which the existing systems are inadequate or too costly for the average citizen, if they can make their way to any territory of the Federation, we will treat them or educate them at cost, without profiteering off the misery of others. Discounts will be given to poor citizens without the resources to pay the full cost and interest-free financing is available to ensure that the Venusian taxpayer isn't taken advantage of by foreign governments while avoiding the crushing debt that interest can case. While not free in the current stage,the nonprofit Venusian state health care and education system is going to be far cheaper than a profit-motivated corporation, especially for Martians who don't need to find a way to engage in interplanetary travel to get to either Venus or MdP. After a decade, the program will be revisited to evaluate costs.

If foreign governments would like to cooperate in this endeavor, they are welcome to send a message to find a way that the Federal Health and Education Ministries can cooperate with their governments to extend human rights to all the sentient beings of the galaxy.
Subotai45

Postby beadsman » 10 May 2019, 23:43

The Latin Empire hereby lays claim to the city of Mar del Plata. Such a glorious city must be liberated from the grasp of the heartless Communist roaches that currently dominate both their politics and their minds.
Silver member of the Classicists

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room." - President Merkin Muffley
“It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.” - William Blake

Imperator of the Cyon Imperium in CYOC
beadsman

Standard rating: (1594)
All-game rating: (1605)

PreviousNext

Return to Create Your Own Country