General Domestic Issues

Forum game hosted by Flatley

Moderators: mat.gopack, Zander, chrisman39

Re: General Domestic Issues

Postby musashisamurai » 24 Sep 2014, 03:50

You know, some would think you really don't want any type of reconciliation. Others might say your actually trying to provoke Möbius...makes one wonder.

Then again, I wonder how much trade we actually were doing. I thought it was zero...
¸,,¸_____}\,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,...,,,,,,
`’’´¯¯¯¯¯}/’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’¨¨¨¯
The simulacrum is never that which conceals the truth-it is the truth which conceals that there is none. The simulacrum is true.
musashisamurai

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby kingpie3 » 24 Sep 2014, 03:54

musashisamurai wrote:You know, some would think you really don't want any type of reconciliation. Others might say your actually trying to provoke Möbius...makes one wonder.

Then again, I wonder how much trade we actually were doing. I thought it was zero...

OOC: At most it was minimal so this isn't doing anything to our economy. It's less provocation, more sticking their tongue out, but since we made that special decision I'm only slightly amused.
The Techabaun Federation in CYOC

Unless both sides win, no agreement can be permanent.
- Jimmy Carter
kingpie3

Postby narwhalwarlord » 24 Sep 2014, 03:55

This bill, designed to create Venusian independence and encourage trade with our colonies, will undoubtedly go a long way towards total economic independence and greater strategic power.

Government-based imports, including those run in by State Corporations, will continue and uphold the technological advantage gained from trade without the damaging dependency on foreign regimes.

We regret these economic measures, but until such a time as our government feels safe and secure in trading with Baundanech, which seems bent on some kind of preemptive strike against a non-existent threat, these measures are viewed as a necessity for the protection of economic independence and freedom of action. As for the tariff on the Mobian bloc, we have certain reason to distrust its economic intentions given previous use of Pallas as a front for domination of the Venusian markets. Diplomatically, the Mobian attitudes towards Venus as exemplified by Baundanech but proved by the Bloc at large give us little reason to desire reconciliation at this point. At some point in the future, this may be changed. However, at present it is the official policy of the democratic government of Venus that tariffs be placed to protect our internal trade.
COWARDS, I WILL NEVER "SELF-CRIT"

Venusian Colonial Despot/Post-Nazbol/Part-Time Warrior
narwhalwarlord

Standard rating: (947)
All-game rating: (948)

Postby Terminus » 24 Sep 2014, 04:00

Hmmm... :|

I suppose that's fair. A shame, but also a reasonable addition to the RoV's latest foreign affairs.
Hmmm... :|
-------------
I'm back
-------------
URMA in CYOC
Terminus

Standard rating: (953)
All-game rating: (956)

Postby kingpie3 » 24 Sep 2014, 04:02

While we calmly deny these allegations, we accept your concerns, no matter how illegitimate we believe them to be, and will simply wait until you are ready to talk. Our embassy always remains open to the Venusians.
The Techabaun Federation in CYOC

Unless both sides win, no agreement can be permanent.
- Jimmy Carter
kingpie3

Postby mat.gopack » 24 Sep 2014, 04:04

The Mattibean Union is saddened at this limitation on free trade, which harms all involved- including the people of the Republic of Venus, who now have increased costs to pay.
.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.mat.gopack.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.
Mattopia of the Mattibean Union in CYOC. You should join ;)

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"

Spreadsheets are fun!
mat.gopack

Standard rating: (929)
All-game rating: (929)

Postby Subotai45 » 24 Sep 2014, 04:05

The Premier points out that it is your representative that refused to continue the diplomatic meetings that were underway in the Phoenix Corporate Group, despite Venusian leaders being amicable to continuing the talks.

Keeping this recent action in mind, as well as continued tensions between our two countries, we judged it prudent to limit our reliance on imported Mobian goods until such time as tensions resolve - a time which would have likely come more quickly if the peace talks had continued.

After ending peace talks, Mobius delighted in telling Venus just how much war we would find should we chose to protect our rightful intellectual property. The mirth exhibited by Baunandech, who was practically salivating at the idea, was quite off-putting, and did not increase our confidence in a speedy reconciliation with Imperial Mobius.
Subotai45

All-game rating: 4127
Timezone: GMT-9

Postby narwhalwarlord » 24 Sep 2014, 04:08

OOC: Urgh. What a clusterfuck. Subs, I probably should have considered what a diplomatic shitstorm this would create. Time to use an escape route.

IC: Should one wish to avoid tariffs, there is always the option of shipping goods in via state-owned corporations. Note that this will also not affect government-signed contracts, such as the long-standing deal with Mattopia or our substantial purchases from URMAn crown corporations.
COWARDS, I WILL NEVER "SELF-CRIT"

Venusian Colonial Despot/Post-Nazbol/Part-Time Warrior
narwhalwarlord

Standard rating: (947)
All-game rating: (948)

Postby musashisamurai » 24 Sep 2014, 04:16

kingpie3 wrote:Looking back at a few posts of Zander's, yeah we are an empire now. My bad. :oops:

Let me edit that out.

Dude its still Imperial Mobius Confederacy.
`’’´¯¯¯¯¯}/’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’¨¨¨¯
The simulacrum is never that which conceals the truth-it is the truth which conceals that there is none. The simulacrum is true.
musashisamurai

Postby musashisamurai » 24 Sep 2014, 04:27

Subotai45 wrote:The Premier points out that it is your representative that refused to continue the diplomatic meetings that were underway in the Phoenix Corporate Group, despite Venusian leaders being amicable to continuing the talks.

Keeping this recent action in mind, as well as continued tensions between our two countries, we judged it prudent to limit our reliance on imported Mobian goods until such time as tensions resolve - a time which would have likely come more quickly if the peace talks had continued.

After ending peace talks, Mobius delighted in telling Venus just how much war we would find should we chose to protect our rightful intellectual property. The mirth exhibited by Baunandech, who was practically salivating at the idea, was quite off-putting, and did not increase our confidence in a speedy reconciliation with Imperial Mobius.

Subject: General Domestic Issues

narwhalwarlord wrote:Cool. My huge rant was deleted by the site, so I'll retype it as an international speech and broadcast it on every Venusian-sympathetic TV station, radio channel, and website in the universe.

This one should be good. I look forward to permanently sabotaging any possible rapprochement between Venus and Baundanech for the next century.

You can hardly expect someone to engage in meaningful diplomacy with someone like this, and this is not (and you cannot deny) a one-time comment, but an attitude.

Comparing our actions with Pallas over intellectual rights with your threats to the ENC, I see one nation with official policy following its policy with actions, and another nation...still keeping military action as the first plan.

I would also point out that any trade between our countries was minimal, likely nonexistent; I'm pretty sure you had complete embargoes on us (or high ones on off-worlders) pre-Flamingo War, and higher ones post war. If you don't recall, we were the only ones trading with Pallas since you excluded them. Then attacked them for collaborating with offworlders, like they weren't being diplomatically isolated, but thats something else.

Finally, I simply reiterate the difference between Mobius and RoV is that between words and actions. One relies one words, the other on actions...and any child in Mobius would tell you that words are wind.
musashisamurai

PreviousNext

Return to Create Your Own Country