CYOC- NPC Nations

Forum game hosted by Flatley

Moderators: mat.gopack, Zander, chrisman39

CYOC- NPC Nations

Postby Zander » 03 Apr 2016, 11:38

So, I just realized we haven't had substantial Non-player nations for so long that our old thread is looonngggg gone. So here is a new one!

NPCs are nations not under the control of a player, and are usually bit parts in the grand scheme of things. All interactions with an NPC are a judged action. NPCs are the result of judging action or inactivity. They can be intentionally set up by a player as a puppet state, a side-effect of a war, or simply "discovered." They are different from "white space" in that while these nations are small entities on the world stage, they are still on the world stage.

As always any NPC nation can be taken over by any player without a country at any time. They can also be "paved over" by new players without a country if they want the land for their own countries. Just PM me (or any mod) and we will use our magical editing powers to remove them from the list!

----
Name: The Republic of La Paz (Or just "Bolivia")
Bolivia.png
Bolivia.png (19.55 KiB) Viewed 3277 times

Type: Republic
Population: 10 million
GDP: 30bn CCs
Government Type: Parliamentary Republic (Ruler Title: President)
Temperament: Paranoid (Not particularly trusting, worried about invasion.)
Sphere of Influence: A part of the Cyonian Sphere
Notes: Desires allies for protection. May or may not have some shady ties to Liberation.
Zander

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: CYOC- NPC Nations

Postby Terminus » 03 Apr 2016, 22:31

Good idea Zander.

Zander wrote:As always any NPC nation can be taken over by any player without a country at any time. They can also be "paved over" by new players without a country if they want the land for their own countries. Just PM me (or any mod) and we will use our magical editing powers to remove them from the list!

Perhaps it might be best to put this bit up on the Main Thread OP, so that prospective new players are aware that the coloured-in land of an NPC is available for them to start in.
Hmmm... :|
-------------
I'm back
-------------
URMA in CYOC
Terminus

Standard rating: (953)
All-game rating: (956)

Postby Zander » 17 Dec 2016, 01:21

NPCs HERE GET YEHR NPCS HERE

As part of the current juding, we had to generate some NPCs in the territory that Austland used to inhabit, as well as in North America. So here are some sick NPCs, mostly based on old Austlandi territories:

NPCSPAM.png
NPCSPAM.png (1.98 MiB) Viewed 3175 times

Country Name: Cascadia
Population: 11m
Gov't Type: Democratic Republic
GDP: 550b CCs
Description: The Republic of Casscadia is an industrialized democracy located in the fiercely independent Cascadian region. With an abundance of natural resources it is a rather prosperous nation, despite its small size. The nations is, incidentally, very popular with tourists.

Country Name: Exiled States of America
Population: 120m
Gov't Type: Dictatorship
GDP: 400bn
Description: This is not the ESA of old. After the vacating of this region by the great powers, a great dictator arose in what used to be the American heartland. A leader known as Chuck Jones clad himself in the patriotic imagery of old, and declared himself the "Great Siam," ushering in his rule by punishing those who spoke out against him. The economy here is primarily agricultural, with some cities (especially those in modern Texas) housing proper resource extraction and industrial facilities.

Country Name: Belarus
Population: 9.5m
Gov't Type: Parliamentary Democracy
GDP: 95b
Description: After Austland fell apart, Belarus fell within the borders of Ukrainland. The Belarusi population, however, wanted independence. The issue was solved quite amicably with a velvet revolution style split. It is a fairly developed nation with some remnant of the Austlandi tech.

Country Name: Ukrainland
Population: 45m
Gov't Type: Austlandi Democracy
GDP: 225t
Description: The Austlandi province of Ukrainland stuck together after the fall of Austland. The region is governed in much the same way as the old Austlandi Republic. It is a fairly developed nation with some remnant of the Austlandi tech.

Country Name: Centralia-Turkmen
Population: 20m
Gov't Type: Oligarchic Republic
GDP: 250b
Description: After the collapse of Austland, the provinces of Centralia and Turkmen clung together, despite the populations of both sides desperately wanting independence. A single party has emerged struggling to hold on to its power: the Unity party exerts control over its people through media censure and brute force. Keeping this republic together is a desperate balancing act for a group of party elites

Country Name: Afghanistan
Population: 35m
Gov't Type: Austlandi Democracy
GDP: 25b
Description: Sudland split in two after the collapse. Afghanistan retained much of the Austlandi influences on their government and culture, emerging as a proper democracy.

Country Name: Pakistan
Population: 200m
Gov't Type: Theocratic Republic
GDP: 320b
Description: Sudland split in two after the collapse. The Pakistanis looked back to the old ways, and organised themselves into a democracy which requires the "correct" religious leanings to properly participate in.

Country Name: Novgorod
Population: 120m
Gov't Type: Representative Democracy
GDP: 2.1t
Description: The province of Novgorod emerged from the collapse as an independent and peaceful nation. In recent years they have been expanding East, slowly pushing unto what was once Nomad land.
Zander

Postby Subotai45 » 17 Dec 2016, 01:25

I'd just look at those pop-GDPs again, because Ukrainland is really really poor for a "fairly developed nation."

Also, is there another judging going on? I know there's the one I requested and the one I'm doing but neither are there. Or is this all secret-like?
Subotai45

All-game rating: 4127
Timezone: GMT-9

Postby Subotai45 » 17 Dec 2016, 01:26

Actually these places are all really poor. Some make sense, but "fairly prosperous" Cascadia has a GDP per capita of less than 100.
Subotai45

Postby Zander » 17 Dec 2016, 01:39

Fair point, I based them on their IRL equivilents. I'll up a few.

And subs patience is a virtue :P
Zander

Postby Zander » 17 Dec 2016, 01:47

I editted some of the NPCs budgets up. I used the US's GDP per capital for Cascadia and Ukrainland (who are supposed to be pretty well developed), Belarus got 2x modern Belarus per person, Novgorod same for Russians. Everyone else still pretty poor.
Zander

Postby Subotai45 » 17 Dec 2016, 01:53

Also Zander I'm also at patient.
Subotai45

Postby Subotai45 » 16 Jan 2017, 21:50

Complete coincidence that this has been a month, but did we ever learn what these were for or is this still a mystery?
Subotai45

Postby Zander » 16 Jan 2017, 22:04

-Its a mysterrrryyyyyy-

(Due to lack of orders)
Zander

Next