The People's Imperium of Ceona

Forum game hosted by Flatley

Moderators: Zander, chrisman39, mat.gopack

Re: Cyon Imperium

Postby kingpie3 » 06 Jun 2018, 17:10

What other details are you looking for?
The Techabaun Federation in CYOC

Unless both sides win, no agreement can be permanent.
- Jimmy Carter
kingpie3

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby beadsman » 06 Jun 2018, 17:53

kingpie3 wrote:What other details are you looking for?

Mecha (known in Cyon as "Mechabomb") - What is the main use of this? Is it a large sphere? A small one? Is it handheld, or a huge robot that rolls around shooting missiles? I'm just a tad confused, sorry.
Tanks (known in Cyon as "Flametank") - A tank that spews out intense flames. It will have 3 versions for 3 specific purposes. - So, a flamethrower tank. Got it. However, what are the 3 versions? I'm confused on that issue as well.
Mechas - (known in Cyon as "Jupiter-class Mecha") - A mech that harnesses the power of storms and electricity. - What does this mean? In what way does this mech harness the power of storms and electricity? Does it create storms and shoot lightning? Does it harvest energy from storms?
Munition (known in Cyon as "Advanced Sniper Munitions") - Dual sniper bullets... - In what way a dual sniper bullet? Is it a sniper shotgun round or something?

Sorry, it's just that coming back, it was pretty confusing, and I figured I'd ask you to help me out. :)
Silver member of the Classicists

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room." - President Merkin Muffley
“It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.” - William Blake

Imperator of the Cyon Imperium in CYOC
beadsman

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1594)
All-game rating: (1605)

Postby kingpie3 » 06 Jun 2018, 18:20

beadsman wrote:

Mecha (known in Cyon as "Mechabomb") - What is the main use of this? Is it a large sphere? A small one? Is it handheld, or a huge robot that rolls around shooting missiles? I'm just a tad confused, sorry.
Tanks (known in Cyon as "Flametank") - A tank that spews out intense flames. It will have 3 versions for 3 specific purposes. - So, a flamethrower tank. Got it. However, what are the 3 versions? I'm confused on that issue as well.
Mechas - (known in Cyon as "Jupiter-class Mecha") - A mech that harnesses the power of storms and electricity. - What does this mean? In what way does this mech harness the power of storms and electricity? Does it create storms and shoot lightning? Does it harvest energy from storms?
Munition (known in Cyon as "Advanced Sniper Munitions") - Dual sniper bullets... - In what way a dual sniper bullet? Is it a sniper shotgun round or something?

Sorry, it's just that coming back, it was pretty confusing, and I figured I'd ask you to help me out. :)

Yeah, no problem. I’m just not a military-head so I didn’t wanna spitfire a bunch of details that didn’t make sense or that you didn’t ask for :P

The mechabomb is a spherical tank-sized artillery piece that moves roughly 50 miles an hour while dispensing miniaturized missiles. The missiles fly in highly randomized patterns, making them difficult to hit, especially since several dozen can be released continuously. It rolls across the ground and has specialized spikes that help it tread quickly across tough terrain or up structures. Layered in several sheets of metal and protected by a light plasma shield. Useful in urban combat and anti-personnel strikes.

The flame tank’s three modes reference the types of fire spewed. The standard one is just a conventional flame, gaseous and powerful with a range of roughly 100 feet. The second mode is a more liquid-like and has a more limited range, acting more like lava or an acid than basic fire. The third shoots fire balls rather than a constant stream like the first.

The Electra class Mecha is a slow but heavily shielded mech that shoots a bunch of electricity and can gain small amounts of energy from storms.

Advanced Sniper Munitions is in fact a sniper gun that shoots two bullets that the shooter can manipulate with his mental terminal. The bullets can be operated remotely and in tandem, the best technique being using one bullet to fakeout the target while the second does the damage. Bullets can have a thin lazer connecting them to basically cut anything that comes between them.

Sound good?

- Jimmy Carter
kingpie3

Postby mat.gopack » 06 Jun 2018, 18:28

kingpie3 wrote:
beadsman wrote:

Yeah, no problem. I’m just not a military-head so I didn’t wanna spitfire a bunch of details that didn’t make sense or that you didn’t ask for :P

The mechabomb is a spherical tank-sized artillery piece that moves roughly 50 miles an hour while dispensing miniaturized missiles. The missiles fly in highly randomized patterns, making them difficult to hit, especially since several dozen can be released continuously. It rolls across the ground and has specialized spikes that help it tread quickly across tough terrain or up structures. Layered in several sheets of metal and protected by a light plasma shield. Useful in urban combat and anti-personnel strikes.

The flame tank’s three modes reference the types of fire spewed. The standard one is just a conventional flame, gaseous and powerful with a range of roughly 100 feet. The second mode is a more liquid-like and has a more limited range, acting more like lava or an acid than basic fire. The third shoots fire balls rather than a constant stream like the first.

The Electra class Mecha is a slow but heavily shielded mech that shoots a bunch of electricity and can gain small amounts of energy from storms.

Advanced Sniper Munitions is in fact a sniper gun that shoots two bullets that the shooter can manipulate with his mental terminal. The bullets can be operated remotely and in tandem, the best technique being using one bullet to fakeout the target while the second does the damage. Bullets can have a thin lazer connecting them to basically cut anything that comes between them.

Sound good?

For mechabomb, you mean rockets not missiles, right? If they're random. Also, sounds like basically this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usIaLHdfSr0 with a few changes.

For your advanced sniper munitions, do they have propulsion systems built in? At the speed they should be getting shot at, doing anything more than light reorrientation/aiming would be very difficult - and building a powerful enough laser in it to cut through stuff seems... tough.
.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.mat.gopack.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.
Mattopia of the Mattibean Union in CYOC. You should join ;)

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"

Spreadsheets are fun!
mat.gopack

Standard rating: (929)
All-game rating: (929)

Postby kingpie3 » 06 Jun 2018, 18:43

Yeah I meant rockets, and you’re right that’s where I got the idea from. I didn’t remember where I saw it but that was the inspiration along with Battleship the movie.

For the sniper, it’s less a matter of complete manipulation and more tampering as you’re implying. The bullets won’t be curving around walls or anything, but spacing them out and maybe being able to send one high and one low is more what I had in mind. For the lasers I imagined a thin, powerful lazer between the two when they were maybe a foot or two apart. Maybe not able to cut through steel, but at the very least flesh.

- Jimmy Carter
kingpie3

Postby mat.gopack » 06 Jun 2018, 18:52

kingpie3 wrote:Yeah I meant rockets, and you’re right that’s where I got the idea from. I didn’t remember where I saw it but that was the inspiration along with Battleship the movie.

For the sniper, it’s less a matter of complete manipulation and more tampering as you’re implying. The bullets won’t be curving around walls or anything, but spacing them out and maybe being able to send one high and one low is more what I had in mind. For the lasers I imagined a thin, powerful lazer between the two when they were maybe a foot or two apart. Maybe not able to cut through steel, but at the very least flesh.

Do you have molecular wires, by any chance? You could use that instead. Think a razor-sharp thin metal wire, maybe a few molecules wide at the tip. That'd shear through flesh *easily*
.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.mat.gopack.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.
Mattopia of the Mattibean Union in CYOC. You should join ;)

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"

Spreadsheets are fun!
mat.gopack

Standard rating: (929)
All-game rating: (929)

Postby beadsman » 06 Jun 2018, 19:45

Ohhhhh. I get it now. Thanks!

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room." - President Merkin Muffley

beadsman

Postby kingpie3 » 06 Jun 2018, 22:46

mat.gopack wrote:
kingpie3 wrote:Yeah I meant rockets, and you’re right that’s where I got the idea from. I didn’t remember where I saw it but that was the inspiration along with Battleship the movie.

Do you have molecular wires, by any chance? You could use that instead. Think a razor-sharp thin metal wire, maybe a few molecules wide at the tip. That'd shear through flesh *easily*

I don't actually. How about I re-research the project and include development of molecular wires so I can make the concept work? Or I could buy it ;)

beadsman wrote:Ohhhhh. I get it now. Thanks!

No problem!

- Jimmy Carter
kingpie3

Postby beadsman » 16 Aug 2018, 06:18

Thanks to a recent influx of funds thanks to our population increases over the last 20 years, the Xerxes Initiative, among other government programs, has received a significant raise in government funding. The initiative now has access to over 85 billion CC in government funding.

Other branches of the government have seen similar influxes in funding.

The population growth is also significant because it marks what I believe to be twice the size of my starting pop. Happy birthday, Cyon! Sort of.

beadsman

Postby Subotai45 » 16 Aug 2018, 06:41

Your starting pop was 50m max, you’re way more than twice!
Subotai45

All-game rating: 4127

PreviousNext

Return to Create Your Own Country