Federation of United Nations (F.U.N.)

Forum game hosted by Flatley

Moderators: mat.gopack, Zander, chrisman39

Federation of United Nations (F.U.N.)

Postby jonisilk » 12 Dec 2014, 09:38

Mission Statement:

We are a new international forum, for discussion between nations. Membership is optional and anyone is welcome to present topics for discussion, be they a member or not. We seek to provide nations with a forum in which all voices can be heard, their concerns addressed and solutions sought.

We would be arbiters, not judges. We do not seek to make nor enforce rules and regulations, our findings and conclusions are offered only as guidelines and recommendations for consideration, and we have no powers beyond those any individual nation may wish to grant us.

Participation in debate and any voting that may occur is voluntary, not mandatory, allowing those with no feelings either way to abstain should they choose do so.

Each nation has one vote. If they choose to abstain from voting, then we hope they would honour the decision of any democratic vote on the matter, in good faith, when moving forward.

Please be respectful of other nations at all times and conduct yourselves with the same grace you would hope to see others display.

---------------------------

List of Prospective Members (sorry if I’ve left anyone off, just let me know and I’ll add you)
(confirmed nations in bold)

Clay-Baunair, CSR, Cyon Imperium,
Magni Imperium, MU, NVC, PMNB,
PCG, Republic, EoV, Sybus,
Szalchtho, URMA, WADSR

Future topics for consideration:

Should FUN have a permanent host/base? On or off-planet? Which planet? Or should it rotate? (PCG offers to host on Mars till a decision is made) resolved (see Geneva, below).

What else should the FUN aim to be, or do? - A neutral forum for discussion, but currently legislative/legal powers.

What kind of voting system? - Still up for discussion, suggestions welcome (though we've not yet had a major vote which wasn't an amicable consensus)

WMD’s/Nukes - until something is likely to happen with them, probably not worth discussing, but still a position we should look to clarify a stance on, beyond vocal disapproval of their use against another nation. - The exception to this rule would be consensual detonation by Nomad communities for religious purposes (provided ecological side-effects are responsibly measured and negated)

Supporting research programs/initiatives/collaborations for (and with) NP’s. - Mostly resolved by way of increased investment in NP's by more established players.

A discussion on Universal Rights (inclusive of non-human species, such as Venusians). Though not a problem in most developed nations, it is a potential problem for newer powers and as such is worthy of discussion. What constitutes a Universal Rights issue and how should we look to respond?

More to follow...
Last edited by jonisilk on 27 Dec 2015, 13:06, edited 21 times in total.
The enemies of my enemies are not necessarily my friend, but they may still be useful.

Member of the Classicists.
jonisilk

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1312)
All-game rating: (1427)
Timezone: GMT

The Samaritan Fund

Postby jonisilk » 12 Dec 2014, 09:39

The Samaritan Fund

Funds replenished at a rate of 100 bn cc p/a

Current Balance (capped at 5 trillion cc)
+ 2 trillion cc (as of 4500)*

* - awards pending.

---------------------------

Created in 4045 by the PCG's Second President, Jenna Langale, the money this fund awards are grants, not loans and they need not be repaid. These funds are for use by developing nations and are freely available on request, with the one provision being that they are used to serve an obvious good.
Last edited by jonisilk on 21 Aug 2017, 19:03, edited 16 times in total.
The enemies of my enemies are not necessarily my friend, but they may still be useful.

jonisilk

Geneva

Postby jonisilk » 12 Dec 2014, 09:39

We are happy to announce that construction has been completed on Geneva, which will serve as the FUN's mobile headquarters within Sol from 4150.

Though conceived in 4066, the project was long in developmental-stasis, however the massive mobile headquarters of the FUN has finally entered service and boasts a vast array of defensive technologies acquired from a number of different nations.

Zander Hall is the main auditoria in which the representatives gather to discuss the matters at hand, while in addition to the top class facilities and accommodation available to visiting representatives, Geneva also features the Plaza - a retail section comprising of shops, restaurants, workshops, etc, all showcasing the cultural diversity of it's member nations.
Last edited by jonisilk on 08 Oct 2015, 04:11, edited 4 times in total.

jonisilk

Re: Federation of Unified Nations (F.U.N.)

Postby jonisilk » 12 Dec 2014, 09:40

and finally, reserved....

post away all!

jonisilk

Postby UFOash » 12 Dec 2014, 09:48

The CRNJ would be happy to be a part of this forum! Seems like a great idea.

As for the host... maybe we should alternate it? Like have a conference every few years or so and have some system to elect a new host for it maybe?
UFOash

Standard rating: (1231)
All-game rating: (1246)

Postby Zander » 12 Dec 2014, 13:14

Should FUN have a permanent host/base? On or off-planet? Which planet? Or should it rotate? (PCG offers to host on Mars till a decision is made)

Lets build a giant spaceship! A big-city-sized one manned by an international crew. No weapons, but lots of shielding. That way it can literally rotate if needed.
Zander

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby anaupr » 12 Dec 2014, 17:33

I'm in as soon as I finish my revolution.
anaupr

Standard rating: (924)
All-game rating: (928)

Postby mat.gopack » 12 Dec 2014, 18:08

For leader, I think just one is a bad idea. We preferably want 3 imo, so that there is always at least one that's active and neutral at any time
.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.mat.gopack.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.
Mattopia of the Mattibean Union in CYOC. You should join ;)

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"

Spreadsheets are fun!
mat.gopack

Standard rating: (929)
All-game rating: (929)

Postby UFOash » 12 Dec 2014, 19:54

mat.gopack wrote:For leader, I think just one is a bad idea. We preferably want 3 imo, so that there is always at least one that's active and neutral at any time

I think a 'leader' in general is a bad idea tbh. Why does someone have to 'lead' a forum of independent soverreign nations?
UFOash

Standard rating: (1231)
All-game rating: (1246)

Postby narwhalwarlord » 12 Dec 2014, 23:43

Venus joins. Blah blah diplomatic crap and stuff. :D
COWARDS, I WILL NEVER "SELF-CRIT"

Venusian Colonial Despot/Post-Nazbol/Part-Time Warrior
narwhalwarlord

Standard rating: (947)
All-game rating: (948)

Next

Return to Create Your Own Country