The League of Cairo

Forum game hosted by Flatley

Moderators: mat.gopack, Zander, chrisman39

Re: The League of Cairo

Postby jpstreetman » 05 Feb 2019, 01:06

I would like to apply for membership. Currently I do not have the military might to contribute to the defense of the league, although league aircraft will have full access to Transylvanian bases and airspace.
jpstreetman

Postby mat.gopack » 05 Feb 2019, 01:37

jpstreetman wrote:I would like to apply for membership. Currently I do not have the military might to contribute to the defense of the league, although league aircraft will have full access to Transylvanian bases and airspace.

As an earth based nation, there is no need to apply for membership - you get it automatically :)
.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.mat.gopack.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.
Mattopia of the Mattibean Union in CYOC. You should join ;)

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"

Spreadsheets are fun!
mat.gopack

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (929)
All-game rating: (929)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby beadsman » 03 Sep 2019, 19:55

As representative of the newer nations on Earth, I propose that the League of Cairo send aid to the nation of Deseret to rebuild the city and province of Grand Junction. The new city would include modern, state-of-the-art hospitals, farmland and industrial centers. The goal would be to provide the Kingdom of Deseret a modern foundation upon which to further build. A major city was demolished by offworlders. Let us show the generosity of the inhabitants of this world in building Grand Junction even greater than it was before. Ceona has the funds to undertake this ourselves, but together we can show solidarity and finish the project much faster. Let us send out the peacekeepers.

Ceona pledges 2 trillion CC to this effort.
Silver member of the Classicists

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room." - President Merkin Muffley
“It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.” - William Blake

Imperator of the Cyon Imperium in CYOC
beadsman

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1594)
All-game rating: (1605)

Postby Subotai45 » 03 Sep 2019, 20:31

It of course ludicrous that Ceona sees healthcare as a right to be funded outside its borders but not within, and as such this is transparently a foreign policy tool of the Emperor who seeks to buy allies.
Subotai45

All-game rating: 4127

Postby beadsman » 03 Sep 2019, 21:08

Subotai45 wrote:It of course ludicrous that Ceona sees healthcare as a right to be funded outside its borders but not within, and as such this is transparently a foreign policy tool of the Emperor who seeks to buy allies.

I did not request that healthcare be provided. Rather, I simply proposed that we construct facilities so they have the means to better provide medical aid to their item citizens. This does not necessitate government-funded Healthcare.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room." - President Merkin Muffley

beadsman

Postby Vogelhut24 » 03 Sep 2019, 21:16

Subotai45 wrote:It of course ludicrous that Ceona sees healthcare as a right to be funded outside its borders but not within, and as such this is transparently a foreign policy tool of the Emperor who seeks to buy allies.

"The league of Cairo representative for the Kingdom of Deseret is appealed at the federations reaction, stating publicly that Ceona is a friend and fellow Cairo representative to Deseret, and in its short partnership has done more to help the nation than the Venetians who massacred our citizens in the first place. The federations statement is clearly propaganda used to discredit the governments of Ceona, The kingdom of Deseret, and the Venetian Empire. The kingdom is still a developing nation trying to gain its footing on the world stage and the federation has slowed that process along at every turn for its own political gains"
King Bryan was appaled at his son's blatant statement, but prince Tyler refuses to retract it.
Vogelhut24

Postby Subotai45 » 03 Sep 2019, 22:53

You took in people who the Federation has declared terrorists, who then acted like terrorists, and somehow, you still find a way to blame the Federation for the actions of these terrorists you continue to support.
Subotai45

All-game rating: 4127

Postby mat.gopack » 03 Sep 2019, 23:30

Vogelhut24 wrote:

"The league of Cairo representative for the Kingdom of Deseret is appealed at the federations reaction, stating publicly that Ceona is a friend and fellow Cairo representative to Deseret, and in its short partnership has done more to help the nation than the Venetians who massacred our citizens in the first place. The federations statement is clearly propaganda used to discredit the governments of Ceona, The kingdom of Deseret, and the Venetian Empire. The kingdom is still a developing nation trying to gain its footing on the world stage and the federation has slowed that process along at every turn for its own political gains"
King Bryan was appaled at his son's blatant statement, but prince Tyler refuses to retract it.

Note that the Federation, as an offworld power, is not a member of the League of Cairo.

The UMC representative wishes to guarantee that all Cairo funds and effort will benefit the people of Deseret - and that any infrastructure built, such as modern hospitals, be managed by at minimum a nonprofit structure overseen by elected representatives from the local population. For the industrial centers and farmlands, they should allow the workers to reap the benefits from the fruits of their labor - organized in co-operatives, instead of enriching the fat cat businessmen who already have more money than they need.

We applaud the ideals - but the details are just as important, as building infrastructure and industry simply to hand them over to the rich of Deseret would not serve our goal of helping the people of that nation.
.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.mat.gopack.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.
Mattopia of the Mattibean Union in CYOC. You should join ;)

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"

Spreadsheets are fun!
mat.gopack

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (929)
All-game rating: (929)

Postby beadsman » 05 Sep 2019, 18:32

I mean, I'm game. I don't care much how it's managed, just that it's done.

beadsman

Postby beadsman » 05 Sep 2019, 19:04

Here's what I recommend.

I think Cairo can only take care of the hospitals, some housing, and perhaps a nonprofit job creator industrial centers if we feel like it.

Any further industrial development can be handled by Ceona alone.

beadsman

PreviousNext

Return to Create Your Own Country