Universal People's Federation

Forum game hosted by Flatley

Moderators: mat.gopack, Zander, chrisman39

Re: Republic of Venus

Postby UFOash » 05 Sep 2014, 13:51

I disappear for a few days and when I come back you two have gone from open warfare to a united nation!
UFOash

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1244)
All-game rating: (1258)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Subotai45 » 05 Sep 2014, 21:21

Yep. It's gonna be awesome.
Subotai45

All-game rating: 4127
Timezone: GMT-9

Postby chrisman39 » 05 Sep 2014, 22:00

inb4 inevitable split and nuclear war

I jest, of course. Probably.
chrisman39
Premium Member

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Subotai45 » 05 Sep 2014, 22:03

I think we've gotten all the fighting out of our system. Should go well.
Subotai45

Postby chrisman39 » 05 Sep 2014, 22:35

I mean your leaders have crossed basically all the alliance/war combinations off their bucket lists, right?
chrisman39
Premium Member

All-game rating: (1000)

Postby Subotai45 » 05 Sep 2014, 22:38

Exactly! It took us a century or two, but hey, we did it.
Subotai45

Postby narwhalwarlord » 07 Sep 2014, 19:29

And unlike last time, we have a structure which actually allows us to get stuff done.

Speaking of which, Subby, can we sell the NPs Sky Hammers?
COWARDS, I WILL NEVER "SELF-CRIT"

Venusian Colonial Despot/Post-Nazbol/Part-Time Warrior
narwhalwarlord

Standard rating: (947)
All-game rating: (948)

Postby narwhalwarlord » 11 Sep 2014, 23:28

Subs may not have announced, but our new Venusian anthem's up. Check it out.
COWARDS, I WILL NEVER "SELF-CRIT"

Venusian Colonial Despot/Post-Nazbol/Part-Time Warrior
narwhalwarlord

Standard rating: (947)
All-game rating: (948)

Postby Subotai45 » 12 Sep 2014, 02:49

Yep. I quite like it. Sat in my room reading and listening it for a few hours the day Nar proposed it.
Subotai45

Postby Subotai45 » 09 Oct 2014, 02:04

The new class of cadets for the Venusian Space Academy walk down the hallway towards the Grand Auditorium. The hallway is a blaze of color: hundreds of red and gold Republic of Venus flags are plastered across the walls, several Pallisian flags push for attention in the sea of Venusian flags, and emblems of Phoenixes occupy every inch of available space.

The cadets come from three nations. Three quarters of the one hundred cadets come from the Republic of Venus, the builders of the facility, while twenty have been given to the Republic of Pallas, a formerly Venusian power, and five were given to the Phoenix Corporate Group when the President of the RoV decided to make a move towards closer relations with the country.

The cadets are as different as the nations from which they come. Venusians, winged and color-changing, are readily distinguishable physically. The cadets from the RoV are what the children of Venus aspire to become, strong, capable, loyal, and given an opportunity to serve the homeland. Nearly all have been involved in Venusian Scouting or associated Tankery leagues from a young age. Some, from the southern provinces of former Argentina, grew up on the farms, hiking across huge distances, climbing mountains, or paddling down the many rivers. Others, living in the urban areas of the north, have a practiced ease with technology, with mind uploading being a common fact of life for them.

The Pallisians, coming from a variety of planets dozens of light-years apart, comprise the second-largest group. They've given up the promised life of ease for one of service, working for the good of their nation.

The few cadets from the PCG are quite possibly the most interesting group. The Phoenix Corporate Group, one of the smallest and newest countries in existence, has made great strides in the short time since it has been founded. From great advances in the fields of science, to massive mining operations, to sweeping humanitarian initiatives, the PCG has shown itself to be a dynamic and innovative nation. Its few cadets are the best it has to offer, destined to lead the armed forces of the fledgling nation against any who would wish it harm.

The cadets walk through the doors into the Grand Auditorium, a large, open space. Where the hallway was all clashing colors and confined space, the Grand Auditorium is one large room, in sedate tones of dark red and deep gold. The flag of the Academy hangs above the podium, behind which stands the Captain-General of the Academy.

"Every minute counts in the war against ignorance," the Captain-General opens, "so I will not waste your time. You are obviously accomplished individuals merely to merit a place on the shuttle to this place of learning, and need no additional motivation that I can offer you. Your loyalty to your country and the ideals that we all hold dear will carry you through the toughest periods of your life here. When you think you cannot possibly handle it, think of the consequences for your family back home if you, the best of your country, cannot succeed.

"In order to ensure the tranquility of these institute, and keep its focus on learning, we have two basic rules.

"Do not fight. None of the nations who sent their children to this academy will like it if they are harmed. Think of your country* before engaging in a quarrel. And under no circumstances are you to go into an off-limit area."

"Welcome to the Academy. You will now receive your room assignments. Female cadets are to go to the left, males, to the right."

*And the firebreathing teachers who will break up the fight.
Subotai45

PreviousNext

Return to Create Your Own Country