Mobius: Greater Mobius

Forum game hosted by Flatley

Moderators: mat.gopack, Zander, chrisman39

Re: Mobius: Greater Mobius

Postby chrisman39 » 04 Sep 2012, 02:22

"A large naval vessel designed as a mobile air base, having a long flat deck on which aircraft can take off and land at sea."
"(Military) a warship built with an extensive flat deck space for the launch and recovery of aircraft"
"a warship with a flight deck on which aircraft can be launched and landed"

As my ships do not have a long flat deck space/extensive flat deck space/flight deck aside from helipads(5 of them! Oh boy!), I fail to see how it can be classified as a carrier.
However, sea control ships do have a flight deck(or were planned to have one)
User avatar
chrisman39
Premium Member
 
Posts: 12640
Joined: 24 Oct 2010, 20:48
Location: Behind you.
Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Mobius: Greater Mobius

Postby musashisamurai » 04 Sep 2012, 02:25

chrisman39 wrote:"A large naval vessel designed as a mobile air base, having a long flat deck on which aircraft can take off and land at sea."
"(Military) a warship built with an extensive flat deck space for the launch and recovery of aircraft"
"a warship with a flight deck on which aircraft can be launched and landed"

As my ships do not have a long flat deck space/extensive flat deck space/flight deck aside from helipads(5 of them! Oh boy!), I fail to see how it can be classified as a carrier.
However, sea control ships do have a flight deck(or were planned to have one)



however, you have in fact, never said they don't have a large flight deck (before this). Although that simple helipad provides the "flight deck" necessary to "be launched and landed" from. Does it launch and land helicopters? Is it a warship? Then, yes its a carrier.
¸,,¸_____}\,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,...,,,,,,
`’’´¯¯¯¯¯}/’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’¨¨¨¯
The simulacrum is never that which conceals the truth-it is the truth which conceals that there is none. The simulacrum is true.
musashisamurai
 
Posts: 16517
Joined: 16 Dec 2010, 21:54
Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Mobius: Greater Mobius

Postby austerlitzJCD » 04 Sep 2012, 02:31

Could someone please explain to me why this argument matters?
austerlitzJCD
 
Posts: 6207
Joined: 09 Nov 2011, 03:34
Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-6

Re: Mobius: Greater Mobius

Postby musashisamurai » 04 Sep 2012, 02:33

jcaddell wrote:Could someone please explain to me why this argument matters?


Chrisman brought this up. I do believe he is trying to insinuate that I am a hypocrite or something, I gather, however, I just simply think he should spend more time studying shipbuidling before debating with me
¸,,¸_____}\,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,...,,,,,,
`’’´¯¯¯¯¯}/’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’¨¨¨¯
The simulacrum is never that which conceals the truth-it is the truth which conceals that there is none. The simulacrum is true.
musashisamurai
 
Posts: 16517
Joined: 16 Dec 2010, 21:54
Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Mobius: Greater Mobius

Postby chrisman39 » 04 Sep 2012, 02:36

musashisamurai wrote:
chrisman39 wrote:"A large naval vessel designed as a mobile air base, having a long flat deck on which aircraft can take off and land at sea."
"(Military) a warship built with an extensive flat deck space for the launch and recovery of aircraft"
"a warship with a flight deck on which aircraft can be launched and landed"

As my ships do not have a long flat deck space/extensive flat deck space/flight deck aside from helipads(5 of them! Oh boy!), I fail to see how it can be classified as a carrier.
However, sea control ships do have a flight deck(or were planned to have one)



however, you have in fact, never said they don't have a large flight deck (before this). Although that simple helipad provides the "flight deck" necessary to "be launched and landed" from. Does it launch and land helicopters? Is it a warship? Then, yes its a carrier.

How is a helipad the same as a runway???
Yes. I guess I'm just a failure, not having done statistics for 20+ ships. Which would implicate you as well, should one glance at the OP and see the all encompassing terms of, "Destroyer... Battleship... Carrier... Sub... Battlecruiser..."

jcaddell wrote:Could someone please explain to me why this argument matters?

I'm trying to see why he wants to argue with me, who has 30 carriers, when he has ten more...
User avatar
chrisman39
Premium Member
 
Posts: 12640
Joined: 24 Oct 2010, 20:48
Location: Behind you.
Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Mobius: Greater Mobius

Postby musashisamurai » 04 Sep 2012, 02:39

hmm. are you sure? I had them here for awhile. Must been changed during this posting (new page-making)

Levaiathan, 400+ planes, 10k troops garrison, small shipyard, laser defenses, plasma shielding, counter-jamming and hacking defenses, missile intercpetion battery, battleship, nuclear, brass tacks
SeaKings-9*46cm main railguns, 16*10.5cm Hellbores Plasma cannon, 6*155mm railguns and 12*127mm secondary armament hellbores, 180 AA guns 25mm CIWS style, (basically Bismrack+Musashi). launch three helos, automated systems, shepherds, brass tacks, VLS system, darts and a VLS missiling launch
Orca Battlecruisers-armed with every weapon we have access with too and the finest defense system. Only deployed in states of war. Fast, and lots of armor. Also can launch its 6 helicopters.
Stonefish-VLS system, 10 multirole, torpedo tubes, modular mission compartment, shepered airfoils, adjucator, Maui stealth tech, nuclear fusion, hydrolysis, advanced filtration
Pirate Class destroyer fast speedy destroyers, highly maneuverable, light/moderate gun battery (that makes use of magnetic guns and plasma weapons), good missile system with ship-to-air, ship-ship missiles, 6 torpedo tubes, depth charges for antisub warfare. Good navigation and radar system. Brass tacks armor and hull, along with shepherd airfoils, and invisible man stealth tech
9 Sealion-class carriers-medium sized carriers, with Brass Tacks, automated systems for a smaller crew, nuclear power, and Adjucator. Also has Darts missiles for ship-air and ship-ship, but mainly relies on its 70 planes for offense
4 Seahorse: 100,000+ ton displacing super carrier--moderate speed, carries 150 planes (including the airforce down below and more planned) , depth charges, heavy AA, heavy armor, moderate ship-ship batteries--crew of 3000.
9 Coral Reef-based off modern day Gerald R Ford class carriers They will be nuclear powered, have some mdoerate ship-ship guns, depth charges, torpedoes, and a plasma gun defense, but will primarily revolve around its 120 (we are enlarging teh ship itself) planes or drones It will have Brass Tacks as its hull for maximum armor.
25 undertwater cargo ships-stealthy subs good for deploying Marines secretlky as well as moving things under secretly. Has invisble man and brass tacks
9 Deap Sea Reef-class underwater carriers-they are underwater subs, with brass tacks hull, invisible man stealth, and room for either 30 planes, 40 drones, or 45 helos (or a combination). A specialized bubble launch allows the subs to launch planes from a depth of 100feet or lower, but landing is still above water.
-6 v2 carriers of a new type, holds 85 planes
118 Sailfish-class Missile Corvettes-small, fast ships with a crew of 85, armed with missiles for actual combat, rockets and cannons for anti-piracy operations. Each ship also contains a cutter that can be employed for up to two weeks before it has to refuel.
6 Corvette Tenders-ships designed to maintain corvettes while at sea
20 Cutter Tenders-main antipiracy force, operated by the Coast Guard. Each tender operates a flotilla of 6 cutters and two midget subs. Each Cutter uses rockets and small arms to fight piracy.
8 Mine Tenders-take care of and help deploy the large minefields that we have. Armed lightly, each has ggod ship-ship missiles and ship-air missiles

techs
Man-o-wars - All-front superiority craft, capable of naval, underwater, air-to-air, air-to-ground, orbital, and (for certain models) even space combat.



The only difference is in the SeaLions (which refer to an larger carrier class, that launches jets not helos and lacks some new features), which were joint designed and recreated with Aduron. As such their stats are in the tech thread with War Machine
¸,,¸_____}\,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,...,,,,,,
`’’´¯¯¯¯¯}/’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’¨¨¨¯
The simulacrum is never that which conceals the truth-it is the truth which conceals that there is none. The simulacrum is true.
musashisamurai
 
Posts: 16517
Joined: 16 Dec 2010, 21:54
Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Mobius: Greater Mobius

Postby chrisman39 » 04 Sep 2012, 02:42

Sooo...
4 Seahorse: 100,000+ ton displacing super carrier--moderate speed, carries 150 planes (including the airforce down below and more planned) , depth charges, heavy AA, heavy armor, moderate ship-ship batteries--crew of 3000.
9 Coral Reef-based off modern day Gerald R Ford class carriers They will be nuclear powered, have some mdoerate ship-ship guns, depth charges, torpedoes, and a plasma gun defense, but will primarily revolve around its 120 (we are enlarging teh ship itself) planes or drones It will have Brass Tacks as its hull for maximum armor.
6 v2 carriers of a new type, holds 85 planes

You actually have 19 supercarriers?
User avatar
chrisman39
Premium Member
 
Posts: 12640
Joined: 24 Oct 2010, 20:48
Location: Behind you.
Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Mobius: Greater Mobius

Postby musashisamurai » 04 Sep 2012, 02:45

chrisman39 wrote:Sooo...
4 Seahorse: 100,000+ ton displacing super carrier--moderate speed, carries 150 planes (including the airforce down below and more planned) , depth charges, heavy AA, heavy armor, moderate ship-ship batteries--crew of 3000.
9 Coral Reef-based off modern day Gerald R Ford class carriers They will be nuclear powered, have some mdoerate ship-ship guns, depth charges, torpedoes, and a plasma gun defense, but will primarily revolve around its 120 (we are enlarging teh ship itself) planes or drones It will have Brass Tacks as its hull for maximum armor.
6 v2 carriers of a new type, holds 85 planes

You actually have 19 supercarriers?


less than 30.

and actually 10. 6 plus 4. The original 9 were replaced with their replacement class; otherwise why make v2?
¸,,¸_____}\,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,...,,,,,,
`’’´¯¯¯¯¯}/’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’¨¨¨¯
The simulacrum is never that which conceals the truth-it is the truth which conceals that there is none. The simulacrum is true.
musashisamurai
 
Posts: 16517
Joined: 16 Dec 2010, 21:54
Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Mobius: Greater Mobius

Postby austerlitzJCD » 04 Sep 2012, 02:47

Why don't we all just call them what we want to call them and forget about this?
austerlitzJCD
 
Posts: 6207
Joined: 09 Nov 2011, 03:34
Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-6

Re: Mobius: Greater Mobius

Postby chrisman39 » 04 Sep 2012, 02:47

musashisamurai wrote:
chrisman39 wrote:Sooo...
4 Seahorse: 100,000+ ton displacing super carrier--moderate speed, carries 150 planes (including the airforce down below and more planned) , depth charges, heavy AA, heavy armor, moderate ship-ship batteries--crew of 3000.
9 Coral Reef-based off modern day Gerald R Ford class carriers They will be nuclear powered, have some mdoerate ship-ship guns, depth charges, torpedoes, and a plasma gun defense, but will primarily revolve around its 120 (we are enlarging teh ship itself) planes or drones It will have Brass Tacks as its hull for maximum armor.
6 v2 carriers of a new type, holds 85 planes

You actually have 19 supercarriers?


less than 30.

and actually 10. 6 plus 4. The original 9 were replaced with their replacement class; otherwise why make v2?

...
Have you read a single post of mine?
Okay, that makes sense- it's just that instead of saying Coral Reef v2, you just say v2, and you say of a new type- and it has far less planes.
User avatar
chrisman39
Premium Member
 
Posts: 12640
Joined: 24 Oct 2010, 20:48
Location: Behind you.
Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

PreviousNext

Return to Create Your Own Country

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 19 guests

cron