30%
Fantasy (FCYOC)
21%
Exploration CYOC (with gm)
6%

Total votes : 33

Re: CYOC- The BoSS

Postby musashisamurai » 21 Sep 2019, 20:54

Subotai45 wrote:I don’t expect it because NPs have slowed to a trickle and Venus ain’t interesting. If you have an interest in European or American or whatever history, there’s a place on earth. Martians are a more common sci fi trope. Venus is not something that draws attention.

They weren’t annexed for lack of a judge for the referendum.

Okay. I wasn't trying to accuse you of anything, just rather pointing out that protectorates aren't equal (as you say). I think there are huge differences between protectorates bordered by major powers (Burma, Cambodia, South Australia), off-world/extra-solar (Asthmosos), and protectorates in really enjoyable locations (Sicily or like, when I had Chile millenia ago).
¸,,¸_____}\,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,...,,,,,,
`’’´¯¯¯¯¯}/’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’¨¨¨¯
The simulacrum is never that which conceals the truth-it is the truth which conceals that there is none. The simulacrum is true.
musashisamurai

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Constantine072 » 22 Sep 2019, 01:54

BOSS (when current one is done)
Change Atlantian Islands to being Dots or just one largish Dot
SWG - RIP - Benjam Frail Radiant
(former fan) of GPG till Dungeon Siege 3 and Supreme Commander 2
ARM and UEF forever
Also known as Dragun101, and Schlitzaf on other forums
Constantine072

Postby Subotai45 » 22 Sep 2019, 03:03

I prefer the several tiny dots approach rather than something large but AYE
Subotai45

All-game rating: 4127

Postby Constantine072 » 22 Sep 2019, 14:45

I forgot to say AYE myself (preference to larger dot)
SWG - RIP - Benjam Frail Radiant
(former fan) of GPG till Dungeon Siege 3 and Supreme Commander 2
ARM and UEF forever
Also known as Dragun101, and Schlitzaf on other forums
Constantine072

Postby beadsman » 22 Sep 2019, 14:48

I'm curious what this means for the current war. Are we voting with the assumption that I fail in my goal to wipe them out completely?

I personally think that it makes more sense, if I succeed, for them to be instead flavored as more floating cities, not full islands. If that is what you are thinking of doing regardless of the outcome of the war, than to be honest, I'm happy to pull back from the conflict entirely.
Silver member of the Classicists

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room." - President Merkin Muffley
“It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.” - William Blake

Imperator of the Cyon Imperium in CYOC
beadsman

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1594)
All-game rating: (1605)

Postby RedSun » 22 Sep 2019, 15:46

Also I don’t like the outline idea because there may be multiple powers in a region.
For example I have ties to Cambodia as well as Mobius and I think me and Venus both have Catalonian ties. There may be other examples of other players with ties to certain regions. I prefer to keep NPCs as relatively independent countries, not just client states.
Groups:
The Glorious Holy Asterian Empire in CYOC
RedSun

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1156)
All-game rating: (1173)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby mat.gopack » 22 Sep 2019, 17:06

RedSun wrote:Also I don’t like the outline idea because there may be multiple powers in a region.
For example I have ties to Cambodia as well as Mobius and I think me and Venus both have Catalonian ties. There may be other examples of other players with ties to certain regions. I prefer to keep NPCs as relatively independent countries, not just client states.

Cambodia is a pacifican vassal state.

In the case of multiple ties, the easiest would be to pick one for the map, and list them out in the new NPC thread.
.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.mat.gopack.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.
Mattopia of the Mattibean Union in CYOC. You should join ;)

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"

Spreadsheets are fun!
mat.gopack

Standard rating: (929)
All-game rating: (929)

Postby musashisamurai » 22 Sep 2019, 20:13

RedSun wrote:Also I don’t like the outline idea because there may be multiple powers in a region.

I believe the way outlines were discussed, its for protectorates/client-states/puppets/vassals/PUs, not for example, NPCs that have been judged to be allies or join a league or something, since that level of control is still quite minor. For example, even though Thailand is in the IWA, unless I'm wrong and they are an actual protectorate, they wouldn't have an outline
¸,,¸_____}\,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,...,,,,,,
`’’´¯¯¯¯¯}/’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’¨¨¨¯
The simulacrum is never that which conceals the truth-it is the truth which conceals that there is none. The simulacrum is true.
musashisamurai

Postby Subotai45 » 22 Sep 2019, 20:51

I dunno, I think it's helpful to have an outline for places like Thailand, because it also helps people know - if I attack this place, who will defend it? In the case of India, it is green, so Mobius will fight. In the case of Burma, it is green outlined, so Mobius will fight.
Subotai45

Postby Subotai45 » 24 Feb 2020, 02:28

BoSS Motion Type B - Delay in Orders Process:

If an initiating player in a judged action takes longer than agreed upon time (1 month as the default) to send in orders, the event will be retconned from existence. Reasonable notice must be given to impacted players. In the event that the notice is disputed or a reasonable time frame cannot be agreed to, it is up to Boss to decide.

If a defending player fails to turn in orders in the same time period, the judge will consult with a possible proxy/caretaker (previously designated) or assuming orders on their behalf.

The goal of this bill is to avoid situations like Guatemala currently, or the Imperial Family in recent history, where a conflict starts, a judge is found, and then nothing happens and the event exists in sort of a weird limbo for months at a time. For the defending player, we already have a process that works more or less ok.
Subotai45

PreviousNext

Return to Create Your Own Country