31%
Fantasy (FCYOC)
22%
Exploration CYOC (with gm)
6%

Total votes : 32

Re: CYOC- The BoSS

Postby RedSun » 15 Aug 2019, 14:21

So for Mobius I took their number of 4.355 and divided it by 3 and multiplied it by 2 because they have 2/3rds of their players left. It came out to 3.02 billion people. This means each have slightly higher than 1.5 billion.

What’s the issue with extrasolar? I’m just starting my expansion into space so what are the rules there rn?
Groups:
The Glorious Holy Asterian Empire in CYOC
RedSun

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1156)
All-game rating: (1173)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby Subotai45 » 15 Aug 2019, 15:23

RedSun wrote:So for Mobius I took their number of 4.355 and divided it by 3 and multiplied it by 2 because they have 2/3rds of their players left. It came out to 3.02 billion people. This means each have slightly higher than 1.5 billion.

What’s the issue with extrasolar? I’m just starting my expansion into space so what are the rules there rn?

I mean, you’re getting roughly the same answer I do (although Mobius still has the land of four players that joined - Clayton still counts right?) but I don’t know if it makes the most sense to do the math that way. If a new player joined, you United tomorrow, and he left a year later, should you lose half your country even though he only made up a tiny portion of it?

The problem with making it closer to the 3 than the 3.5 or so side of things is that it makes a ton of sense for them to dissolve Mobius, grow themselves up to their natural size, and then reintegrate - and at that point, might be a little harder to tell them to go down even if we wanted to.

Another advantage of something like 3.5 is that it’s probably a little more accurate to what they could reach solo. Pacifica has India, which is over a billion now, and a ton of densely populated SEA areas and Indonesian islands. Two billion really isn’t far-fetched for him. Zander is much more likely, as an independent player, to be one where people are thinking - cmon man, you’ve got like five square feet of artic (albeit terraformed). So in all honesty, it would probably be hard for them to beat 3.5 dissolving and reintegrating without pulling too many tricks.

That being said, I really want to hear from Mobius on this one. They could have expanded a lot more than they did, and a large part of the reason they didn’t is because the system that exists now was in place and they had enough land/people/whatever.

Red the thing for extrasolar that’s relevant is that currently, people there are people. If you can have 2b pop by game rules, and you want to have people in space, you need to send them there from your main stash of population. And extrasolar regions don’t really help with population. Otherwise, land on earth wouldn’t matter at all. Who cares about Thailand when you can just terraform a planet and have all the land for people you could possibly want? So that’s why extrasolar colonies currently don’t contribute to population. Musashi wants to change that but I kinda want to fix one thing st a time - especially because these concerns originated as a balance issue.
Subotai45

All-game rating: 4127
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Zander » 16 Aug 2019, 03:34

Zander is much more likely, as an independent player, to be one where people are thinking - cmon man, you’ve got like five square feet of artic (albeit terraformed).

But that's the thing, I would be substantially larger if I hadn't spent years IRL in a coalition. I haven't personally expanded on Earth since Alaska. (Actually, that's a lie, I might have sniped Maine when Term blew up.) if I had been on my own and not limited in my expansion by Mobius as a whole hitting our informal land limit the day that Nejaneb and I joined. If I was on my own, I would likely have played for more of Russia/the Baltics, Canada, Great Britain, The Lowlands, etc. Not enough to become a Nejaneb style blob, or to erode the NVCs character as "that Viking place," but enough to support a more substantial population.

The "what could they do on their own" game is a bit fraught because there is a give and take to being in a blob. I have always had more "Control" over Nejaneb, and I have always filled Mobius's "support" niche both diplomatically and militarily. So I have always differed pop and land expansion to Musashi. This is an opportunity cost I have suffered for actual IRL years. I do so gladly- but looking at our countries as they are now is to ignore why they are the way the are. And it is to ignore the sort of expansion I could get down if I was torn out of Mobius and about to actually take land again without expanding the biggest SP.

I have always been a fan of pinning the population of conglomerate countries a tad below what two generic players can reach with a similar history, to prevent everyone from just piling into one giant nation. But any conglomerate with active players should be closer to 2 players then 1. I think the 3b - 3.5b range is in the right ballpark. Let me chat with Musashi a bit.
Zander

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)

Postby Constantine072 » 16 Aug 2019, 15:43

So solidified Cell List (Major)
Major Cell/Starport (Gotengo Hangers)
-Kuiato (Pluto)
-Grand Canyon

Minor Cells (Gotengo Refueling Stations)
-Montana
-Moscow
-South America (Beads And I will need to discuss this further)**
-China* (Finalized China Location to he determined)/certain places judged)
Or
-Some white space on Mars*

Active Intel/Mission Cells
-Russia (Related to LORAX PMO)
-Iberia (Need to be Judge)

Am working with Zander to finalize assets and otherwise. But currently 2 Magni Gotengo And 2 Malis Gotengo Units. Are active military assets. Then roughly around 357 Battle Armors (Power Armor essentially) Or 51 Squads for planet based Major Cells. 77 Battle Armors (11 Squads) For Minor Cells, And 7-21 Battle Armors for Recon/Smaller Cells. Actual Agent and otherwise counts will be discussed with liberation judges/community. Thinking vaguely 5x Agents for each Squad.

*One or the other
**HFPE deal
SWG - RIP - Benjam Frail Radiant
(former fan) of GPG till Dungeon Siege 3 and Supreme Commander 2
ARM and UEF forever
Also known as Dragun101, and Schlitzaf on other forums
Constantine072

Postby mat.gopack » 16 Aug 2019, 16:30

Zander wrote:
Zander is much more likely, as an independent player, to be one where people are thinking - cmon man, you’ve got like five square feet of artic (albeit terraformed).

But that's the thing, I would be substantially larger if I hadn't spent years IRL in a coalition. I haven't personally expanded on Earth since Alaska. (Actually, that's a lie, I might have sniped Maine when Term blew up.) if I had been on my own and not limited in my expansion by Mobius as a whole hitting our informal land limit the day that Nejaneb and I joined. If I was on my own, I would likely have played for more of Russia/the Baltics, Canada, Great Britain, The Lowlands, etc. Not enough to become a Nejaneb style blob, or to erode the NVCs character as "that Viking place," but enough to support a more substantial population.

The "what could they do on their own" game is a bit fraught because there is a give and take to being in a blob. I have always had more "Control" over Nejaneb, and I have always filled Mobius's "support" niche both diplomatically and militarily. So I have always differed pop and land expansion to Musashi. This is an opportunity cost I have suffered for actual IRL years. I do so gladly- but looking at our countries as they are now is to ignore why they are the way the are. And it is to ignore the sort of expansion I could get down if I was torn out of Mobius and about to actually take land again without expanding the biggest SP.

I have always been a fan of pinning the population of conglomerate countries a tad below what two generic players can reach with a similar history, to prevent everyone from just piling into one giant nation. But any conglomerate with active players should be closer to 2 players then 1. I think the 3b - 3.5b range is in the right ballpark. Let me chat with Musashi a bit.

Nah, Maine has been a part of the NVC since I joined. I think there hasn't been any NVC territorial changes at all - IIRC you never consider/considered France/England/Airstrip One to be part of the NVC itself.
.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.mat.gopack.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.
Mattopia of the Mattibean Union in CYOC. You should join ;)

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"

Spreadsheets are fun!
mat.gopack

Standard rating: (929)
All-game rating: (929)

Postby Subotai45 » 03 Sep 2019, 16:43

folks wrote:Pop Revision 2.1 Proposal:

Part 1: Making big guys littler.
Reductions can happen immediately with no explanation, or the player can take some time to give an IC explanation of events.
- Venus adjusted to 2.8 billion.
- Mobius adjusted to 3.35 billion.

Part 2: Making little guys bigger.
Increases happen over time, using the Population and Demographics thread according to the system below.
- From 0 to 1 billion. Players can expand to 1.0 billion without updating the community, but should keep to a reasonable rate. This is unchanged from current system established by our last resolution.
- From 1 billion to 1.5 billion. This is still self-decided, but you MUST use the Population and Demographics thread to update the community. Community members can ask you to slow down if they think you're moving too fast, and if there's conflict, it is resolved by the BoSS.
- From 1.5 billion to 2 billion. Process as above - but no news isn't good news. You need at least one player to post that they saw the growth and you're good to go before it's effective. Can still be taken to BoSS if there's disagreement.
- From 2 billion to infinity. You need a BoSS resolution to increase. Explain why you should be above two billion.

Somewhere along the line I failed to communicate with Zander/Musashi on the pop for Mobius but we have a number now and I think it’s fair. Let’s pass this formally.

aye
Subotai45

All-game rating: 4127

Postby mat.gopack » 03 Sep 2019, 17:26

Aye

Spreadsheets are fun!
mat.gopack

Postby mat.gopack » 03 Sep 2019, 17:32

For bookkeeping purposes, the results of Zander's proposal on PMOs comes out to be:

For:
Zander
Subotai45
Musashisamurai
Beadsman
Constantine072
Jonisilk
Mat.gopack

Against:
None

Motion passes by a vote of 7-0

Spreadsheets are fun!
mat.gopack

Postby Constantine072 » 07 Sep 2019, 20:03

viewtopic.php?f=60&t=60094

Liberation Neo New OP for our viewing pleasure. This will be Liberation OP for the feature with these numbers, my only feeling I kinda feel a tad small given what Wikipedia told me about size of irl terrorist organizations.
SWG - RIP - Benjam Frail Radiant
(former fan) of GPG till Dungeon Siege 3 and Supreme Commander 2
ARM and UEF forever
Also known as Dragun101, and Schlitzaf on other forums
Constantine072

Postby Constantine072 » 20 Sep 2019, 19:48

Aye

Honeslty passionarelt indifferent