30%
Fantasy (FCYOC)
21%
Exploration CYOC (with gm)
6%

Total votes : 33

CYOC- The BoSS

Postby Zander » 22 Nov 2011, 17:54

EVERYTHING here is OOG. Including your vote on BoSS decisions. Please leave your country at the door.

The BoSS (Board of Selected States) is a method of CYOC self government. It is this game's equivalent of a GM, and is a democratic unit responsible for rule changes and balance enforcement.

How the BoSS works:
The BoSS is made up of two groups: the BoSS council and the BoSS congress. The BoSS congress contains all players who have played the game for longer then two weeks, regardless of in game position. This is considered the "main" body of the BoSS. They are the ones who elect the council and vote on motions.

The council is a set of three members elected from the congress. The BoSS council is responsible for officially nominating new motions to be voted on, and setting a time limit for the voting to take place. They set the rules for a vote for the congress to vote on.

Council elections happen when the congress votes on an election, or when two or more council members decide to hold an election. This starts a 24 hour nomination process, in which prospective council members nominate themselves for the position. Immediately after the nomination process, the congress votes on a new council in a 72 hour session. Each congress member gets three votes in a council election, although he may only spend one vote on each candidate. At the end of the election process, the seats are given to the players with the first, second, and third most votes. If there is a tie for one or more seats, a run off is held with only the candidates for these seats, and only a single vote per congress member.

Elections may only happen every 2 weeks.

Process of creating or changing a rule:
1. A congress or council member suggests an idea
2. A council member officially nominates the idea and sets a voting time limit between 24-72 hours.
3. Congress members vote for or against the idea. All members get a single vote despite in-game status. This is between players, not our countries.
4. At the end of the set period, the council member tabulates the votes and compares the yays and nays.
5. If there are more yays then nays, then the motion passes and is now an official rule of the game. Excluding Type C motions, which require 2/3 yays.
6. If there are more nays then yays, the motion fails. It may be altered and suggested again after 24 hours. Excluding Type C motions, which may be altered and suggested again after 72 hours.

Motion Types:

Type A-
Things that effect one or two nations. This allows enforcement of gross balance infractions.

Type B- Rules Changes
Things that effect all nations. Establishing the judge system, for instance.

Type C- BoSS rule changes
BoSS reform. We have done this once previously- moving the BoSS from an elected elitist body to one where everyone can vote.

Current BoSS:

Previous BoSS Motions:

Old Motions (only currently relative ones brought over form old thread. Paraphrasing used.):

B1 wrote:Established officers, allowing countries to be joint-owned and for there to be layers of command within a muli-player empire.

B2 wrote:Established the Judge-style of war.

C1 wrote:Established UN style democratic BoSS

New Motions:

Type A proposals:

Type B proposals:

B10 wrote:No new nations can start in space- nations can have approximate 2011 tech and one advantage. This may be changed to include such things as no nuclear weapons to start with- you have to research them first. Remember that this is just after a nuclear apocalypse- most techs have been lost/destroyed.

B11 wrote:All HFPE Projects, Technologies, etc., must be accompanied by a description of sorts, which describes in general what it does and how it works.

B12 wrote:All new nations must have tech/military/etcetera examined by the BoSS for acceptance(just a quick checkup with a council member for realism)

B13 wrote:Don't be a dick and intentionally directly copy someone's unique tech

When two nations embark on a similar technological project, the player who first begins the project sets the technological requirements for its completion

B14 wrote:Font sizes under 25 are illegal

B15 wrote:The information found from "news sources" or "surveys" to be judged, much like a battle or testing if something works.

B16 wrote:When a war is declared and a judge is required, participants (including the judge(s)) must review the various techs, defenses, etc. of the opposition and ask for clarification of a tech/unit if needed. This motion can be in effect by request from any participant.

B17 wrote:For each public war or state of tension/conflict, an official thread should be made. Why? So when people come back from some kind of vacation it is either to bring people back up to date. Also to have a public record of such conflict for future information usage, also 2-3 post under the OP should be reserve for each round of conflict.

Type C Proposals:
C2 wrote:Only one motion may be in voting procedures at any time, excluding motions currently active should this motion pass.
Zander

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: The BoSS

Postby Zander » 22 Nov 2011, 17:55

I nominate myself for a official position in the BoSS

BoSS ELECTIONS GOGOGOGOGOGOGOOGGO!
Zander

Re: CYOC- The BoSS

Postby chrisman39 » 22 Nov 2011, 19:22

I nominate meself.
chrisman39
Premium Member

Postby The Pez » 22 Nov 2011, 19:25

when this crisis blows over, i nominate King Pezgod1 the Great.
The Pez

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (972)
All-game rating: (974)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Willie900 » 22 Nov 2011, 20:29

so long as the entire UCI Senate can function as a single body in the BoSS, I nominate the UCI Senate for Council Seat.

EDIT: OOC: when I say Senate, I really just mean me. when I can't decide on something, the "Senate" is divided, but if I can make a decision with no deliberation, than the "Senate" was able to come to a decision without arguing.
Wow my signature used to be awful
Willie900

Standard rating: (946)
All-game rating: (946)

Postby chrisman39 » 22 Nov 2011, 21:50

What if everybody nominates themselves?
chrisman39
Premium Member

Postby WokkaPater » 22 Nov 2011, 22:14

chrisman39 wrote:What if everybody nominates themselves?

Solved. I nominate the Matt.
I am alive. Sometimes you need a break to keep it that way.
WokkaPater

Postby musashisamurai » 22 Nov 2011, 22:21

Im stillapart of ciongress right? Anyways, I don't really care who is a council member, although Chrisman and Zander are proably the two best choices right now 9since they played the most and are still really active.)
¸,,¸_____}\,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,...,,,,,,
`’’´¯¯¯¯¯}/’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’¨¨¨¯
The simulacrum is never that which conceals the truth-it is the truth which conceals that there is none. The simulacrum is true.
musashisamurai

Postby Zander » 22 Nov 2011, 22:35

Yup. You can still vote. The positions just run the BoSS day to day.
Zander

Postby musashisamurai » 22 Nov 2011, 22:36

Zander wrote:Yup. You can still vote. The positions just run the BoSS day to day.

well ur doing va good job already. Zander
¸,,¸_____}\,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,...,,,,,,
`’’´¯¯¯¯¯}/’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’¨¨¨¯
The simulacrum is never that which conceals the truth-it is the truth which conceals that there is none. The simulacrum is true.
musashisamurai

Next

Return to Create Your Own Country