Banshee Enterprise, Ltd. & Nodens Shipbuilding & KASM

Forum game hosted by Flatley

Moderators: mat.gopack, Zander, chrisman39

Re: Banshee Enterprise, Ltd. & Nodens Shipbuilding & KASM

Postby Constantine072 » 08 Apr 2016, 19:28

mat.gopack wrote:
beadsman wrote:OOC: He will soon have, if he doesn't already, a Star Forge.

The purpose of that is to harness all the power in an entire star for transmutation. That should make transmutation on this scale a lot more reasonable, but the fact that everyone has access to these ships for cheap is a little worrying, if not just impractical.

That doesn't actually change the OOC situation. The more we start doing stuff like star forges making huge navies free, the more ridiculous the game gets. And that forces everyone to do that if you want to keep it at a level field. There's a reason why we don't have people with a space colony have equal production to all of Earth - because exponential growth is not good for a game.

AKA, star forge pumping out a capital ship every 10 minutes is a no-no. Star forge making building a fleet a little quicker/more affordable is ok. (leaving aside the fact that building a star forge should take at *least* a century + in game - building the Troy took me at least 50 years, and that was essentially blowing an asteroid up like a balloon + armoring/arming it. A star forge is magnitudes larger than that, and frankly a century is possibly on the short side. Even ignoring the massive resources put into it)

I meant to ask if you considers Commander OP/Creepy, given they can pop up and make armies
SWG - RIP - Benjam Frail Radiant
(former fan) of GPG till Dungeon Siege 3 and Supreme Commander 2
ARM and UEF forever
Also known as Dragun101, and Schlitzaf on other forums
Constantine072

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby mat.gopack » 08 Apr 2016, 19:39

Commanders are fine since they're basically only used in wartime. If you had your commanders at max production at all times I'd have a different opinion. I basically just treat them as a giant mecha + factory rolled into one, more or less.
.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.mat.gopack.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.
Mattopia of the Mattibean Union in CYOC. You should join ;)

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"

Spreadsheets are fun!
mat.gopack

Standard rating: (929)
All-game rating: (929)

Postby Terminus » 25 Sep 2019, 05:23

After so long, Nodens Shipbuilding and Banshee Enterprises' international business has declined while domestic sales have slowly become the bulk of the accounts.

Now, both corporations seek to diversify their investments outside of the Republic-Monarchies once more. If anyone wishes to collaborate with either company on updating our designs and even adding new ones to our catalogues, or expand contracts to their countries, contact us! Governments and other organizations will of course receive portions of the profits related to the collaboration via royalties, lease payments, etc.
Hmmm... :|
-------------
I'm back
-------------
URMA in CYOC
Terminus

Standard rating: (953)
All-game rating: (956)

Postby Terminus » 25 Sep 2019, 15:17

Yeah we're talking about it right now. I'm fine with KASM belonging to Jon now... Actually do you mind giving him the post here?

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
Hmmm... :|
-------------
I'm back
-------------
URMA in CYOC
Terminus

Standard rating: (953)
All-game rating: (956)

Postby mat.gopack » 25 Sep 2019, 17:24

Terminus wrote:Yeah we're talking about it right now. I'm fine with KASM belonging to Jon now... Actually do you mind giving him the post here?

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

You'll want to ask Zander about it - I can't change the author of posts on this forum :(

[For others - I deleted my post pointing out that Jon had claimed KASM because I noticed it was already listed in the post for KASM here]
.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.mat.gopack.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.
Mattopia of the Mattibean Union in CYOC. You should join ;)

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"

Spreadsheets are fun!
mat.gopack

Standard rating: (929)
All-game rating: (929)

Previous

Return to Create Your Own Country