Technologies and Projects (CYOC)

Forum game hosted by Flatley

Moderators: Zander, chrisman39, mat.gopack

Re: Technologies and Projects (CYOC)

Postby beadsman » 19 Nov 2019, 15:02

I suppose this bit should also go here, although it's not strictly research or anything.

I will be disbanding my martian defense fleet in orbit of (you guessed it: Mars) and withdrawing the 2nd expansionary fleet from my extrasolar colonies. I will also disband the ground forces associated with the expansionary fleet and instead attach the 15th legion to the 2nd expansionary fleet. Additionally, I will be disbanding and scrapping the 30 Commendator-class Assault frigates and will instead construct a single Armageddon transport. With the scrapping of the 3rd (martian) fleet, the current 4th fleet will be renamed the 3rd fleet and will remain in orbit of Earth. This total process should take approximately 5 years (IRL 29 Nov, 2019).

In addition to the aforementioned changes to the 2nd fleet, the 1st and newly designated 3rd fleets will each lose a Battlehulk carrier and 10,000 Condor starfighters. This will trim the Star Armada down a bit and hopefully allow for the inclusion of other, more useful, models of starship rather than a focus on massed starfighters. This change will take place immediately.
Silver member of the Classicists

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room." - President Merkin Muffley
“It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.” - William Blake

Imperator of the Cyon Imperium in CYOC
beadsman

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1594)
All-game rating: (1605)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby RedSun » 22 Nov 2019, 08:43

HFPE:

Conversion: Mind manipulation program that changes the religious beliefs of the population.

Angel Wings: Genetic Enhancement that allows for angel wings to spout from the backs of anyone with the ability to fly.

Fountain of Youth: While this fountain doesn’t give immortality or anything of the sort, it allows for the body to heal itself from diseases associated with the aging body. Likely to prolong death and allow people to enjoy their lives in a more healthy body.

General software updates: All our older ship designs will be getting remodeled and brought up to speed with current military hardware.

Amio: Amio is a tiny portable drone that has extensive camo and anti-surveillance capabilities meant to stealthily enter enemy territory. It is packed with explosives and if destroyed will detonate and destroy everything in the vicinity with a special focus on destroying physical infrastructure and cyber based infrastructure or devices. It also has the power to self-detonate should the individual guiding the drone should choose to detonate it.

20 years a piece, 30 years for Angel Wings/Conversion
Last edited by RedSun on 23 Nov 2019, 08:04, edited 1 time in total.
Groups:
The Glorious Holy Asterian Empire in CYOC
RedSun

Standard rating: (1156)
All-game rating: (1173)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby Subotai45 » 22 Nov 2019, 20:05

As always, someone will tell you “hey, you need times for this,” you’ll provide times, another player will tell you they’re nowhere near long enough, you’ll ignore the criticism, and a few months down the line you’ll end up with a large force using this tech in a suspiciously convenient location.

I’m a nice guy so I’m also going to ignore the fact nothing is labeled HFPE, and Conversion is a human rights violation that makes me look moderate. I’ll also ignore that the “tiny drone” is also apparently going to cause massive targeted explosions that specifically hit roads and routers, because, as above, you won’t listen anyway.

Mobius, I’d tell you if you’re going to invite a player to fight with the big boys and use him to whack people, maybe spend a cursory effort making him comply to at least the vague outline of norms and rules, but realistically y’all don’t care, and even if you did, Red regularly ignores you, so whatever.
Subotai45

All-game rating: 4127

Postby RedSun » 23 Nov 2019, 08:26

I forgot to put the times… sorry it’s a habit. I put them above. I always do at least 20 years though even if it’s not labeled.
Groups:
RedSun

Postby beadsman » 23 Nov 2019, 15:13

RedSun wrote:I forgot to put the times… sorry it’s a habit. I put them above. I always do at least 20 years though even if it’s not labeled.

I generally put in 20 years myself unless it's simply creating a new design using tech I already have, involved which case I make it 2-5 (depending on the complexity of the design). If it's a relatively minor project building on previous tech I might make it 10 years.

That's my personal guideline.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room." - President Merkin Muffley

beadsman

Postby musashisamurai » 03 Dec 2019, 17:07

Some of these techs are much more than 20 years. And by these, I mean the ones he posts without times, I point out they would require more time, then i get ignored
¸,,¸_____}\,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,...,,,,,,
`’’´¯¯¯¯¯}/’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’¨¨¨¯
The simulacrum is never that which conceals the truth-it is the truth which conceals that there is none. The simulacrum is true.
musashisamurai

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)

Postby RedSun » 04 Dec 2019, 15:32

musashisamurai wrote:Some of these techs are much more than 20 years. And by these, I mean the ones he posts without times, I point out they would require more time, then i get ignored

Wait, I did lengthen the times of techs. Of the techs above which ones should I expand the length of?
Groups:
RedSun

Postby beadsman » 06 Dec 2019, 14:34

beadsman wrote:Finished Projects:
Guzmán-class Cruiser - 5 years (IRL 29 Nov, 2019)- The Guzmán-class is designed to function in a largely anti-aircraft and anti-missile role when in a larger fleet, but can also be used as a capable patrol vessel when operating solo or in small groups. They are built to be VERY fast and maneuverable, and while armored and shielded, the Guzmán relies on the electronic defenses of larger ships and its own interception abilities to defend itself. Armed with 4 large rapid-fire variants of Blazing Fang turrets, 2 anti-air flak guns, and 1 small missile battery, these ships are very capable rapid response patrol ships and support ships for a larger force.

Ruyter-class Destroyer - 5 years - A new, state of the art naval warship designed to be a highly mobile medium support ship that can still go toe-to-toe with much larger ships. At 500 feet long and with modern Ceonian armor and shielding, it is armed with 2 heavy gun batteries and a long-range missile battery. Finally, while it does have advanced armor and shielding, the Ruyter relies much more heavily on electronic countermeasures than pure armor to increase survivability, with plenty of space for computer experts and technicians.

Nelson-class Dreadnought - 5 years - A massive, extremely heavy battleship meant to serve as a floating fortress for naval operations. While much slower than a Ruyter-class Destroyer, a Nelson Dreadnought is much more heavily armed and armored. It is a full 1,000 feet in length, with 2.5 feet of heavy Ceonian reflective armor and Aurelian shielding. The Nelson is armed with 9 heavy gun batteries and 5 long-range missile batteries. In addition to being naval powerhouses, these dreadnoughts are built to serve as durable command ships, and are packed with the latest and best of Ceonian computers and sensory equipment to outclass any other vessel for electronic warfare. There are several rooms dedicated for technicians and computer experts to operate, dramatically influencing the outcome of any battle.

New Projects:

Nebula-class Destroyer - 20 years (IRL 15 Jan 2020) - Designed to replace the Scythe-class Battlecruiser (and possibly even the Hyperions at some point), the Nebula is meant to function as the backbone of the Ceonian Star Armada. At a little over a kilometer in length (1,040 meters), it is clearly a ship-of-the-line as starships go. It has 20 Ultraheavy Cerulean Turbolasers (5 on the bow, 5 on the stern, 5 on the port side, and 5 on the starboard side), 40 Sabreteeth ship-ship cannons (also equally distributed), 100 Blazing Fang point defense cannons, and 10 turreted missile launch tubes (with 30 missiles each). It is worth noting that, even with the equal distribution of weaponry, the ship's slanted profile allows it to fire all of it's weapons when facing forward, even though this is impossible for other angles. It is equipped with state-of-the-art Aurelian Shielding, and has triple-layer armor. The hull is 5 meters thick and uses triple-layer armor (much like the updated Hyperions), with most of the structure built with Adamantium, with a middle layer of Brass Tacks and an outer layer of Reflective Armor to offer protection against laser-based weaponry. In addition to the standard installations (with many, many redundant systems to allow for increased survivability), the Nebula is most notable for its insane power generation. With a full 30 nuclear fusion reactors, a Nebula-class vessel will have a high shield recharge rate compared with most other vessels of its size. It is designed to trade up. While compared with other previous Ceonian starship designs, the Nebula may have fewer gun emplacements overall, the key point of the design is to increase survivability to an unprecedented level for Ceonian engineering. The ship packs a major punch, but, more importantly, can survive long enough to deal much more significant damage over time.
Nebula Star Destroyer.jpg
Nebula Star Destroyer.jpg (8.45 KiB) Viewed 153 times

AMW-100 (Automated Maintenance Worker) and AMW-200 robots - 5 years (IRL 16 Dec 2019) - Basically, I want to be able to more fully automate everything. Specifically, I need a designated robot designed to upgrade and maintain other robots and automated systems. For example, I want to have a truly automated factory to the point that I do not need to pay any human meatbags to maintain it (paying the AMW-100 robots is unnecessary, as they are not sentient. Only the AMW-200 robots are sentient, and act as supervisors and programmers for the AMW-100 units). They will also be able of upgrading and maintaining automated military units and other automated/computer systems.

Project Praedium - Over the next 50 years, the agriculture and retail of Ceona will be gradually shifted towards complete and total automation. This will drastically affect life in Ceona, as far fewer people will need to fulfill any kind of "blue collar" job to sustain themselves unless they wish to do so for personal fulfillment. By the end of the 50 year period, it is expected that no traditionally "blue collar" jobs will strictly *need* an organic to participate, unless, as I mentioned, the organic being wishes to do so. In the fields of art, mathematics, and the sciences, human ingenuity will still be required. This is expected to, eventually, dramatically change Ceonian economy.

beadsman

Postby Constantine072 » 12 Dec 2019, 17:35

Post to updagw and clarify capabilties of Mark IV & V Hyperion and Gaia expect in a coupke hours after evening meds
SWG - RIP - Benjam Frail Radiant
(former fan) of GPG till Dungeon Siege 3 and Supreme Commander 2
ARM and UEF forever
Also known as Dragun101, and Schlitzaf on other forums
Constantine072

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)

Postby Subotai45 » 12 Dec 2019, 18:13

Subotai45 wrote:
Subotai45 wrote:done
Old Bones, New Brains: The frames are still fine, but computing and weapons tech has advanced markedly since the last run of spacecraft designs. This will update the internal structures of the main run of Venusian craft to maintain international competitiveness. To simplify the force structure, the Federation will consolidate the Cataphract and Parthian lines.
Runs like Clockwork: We're going to entirely regulate the weather patterns of our planet to maximize dope weather and eliminate natural disasters.
Garden of Eden Except It's Awful: Modifying our especially shitty strains of flora and fauna to stay within set boundaries and survive off-planet.
Plantosaur: Creating combo florafauna that can get their energy from photosynthesis but also move to more convenient light area.

continuing
Sleep With A Baseball Bat: We're going to try and make a big dome over Mar del Plata and stick a whole buncha rockets under it so it can fly away from Mars if it has to. 70 years.
Eating off the Tectonic Plates: Trying to safely figure out how to move the tectonic plates of Venus so we can make our continents into really cool shapes. It'll be like those gardens with the plants that look like dinosaurs except with a planet and its continents. 120 years.

First Sally or the Trap of Gargantius: HFPE. Some dope-ass military assistance that makes the soldiers share one mind, except it also would work with enemies similarly equipped, with the end state of the armies going entirely rogue and engaging in peaceful pursuits rather than fight. 15 years
First Sally (A) or, Trurl's Electronic Bard: Ensuring the greatest poetry in existence by reprogramming the universe front-to-back, back-to-front, at "one hundred septillion events at forty octillion different locations simultaneously. And if anyone questions these figures, let him work it out for himself" 15 years
The Polypolice Dragon: A most perfect differential, a beast both mathematic and enigmatic, physical and metaphorical, a dragon with laser-eyes, a hill, three policemen and a racing cart as the mood fits. 30 years.

accidentally edited my last post but this was posted today
Subotai45

All-game rating: 4127

PreviousNext

Return to Create Your Own Country