General Domestic Issues

Forum game hosted by Flatley

Moderators: mat.gopack, Zander, chrisman39

Re: General Domestic Issues

Postby musashisamurai » 14 May 2019, 03:54

Subotai45 wrote:For clarity, the history of the orphanages is not known. They still exist, but no one knows that they’re formerly Liberation

Ie that Liberation has used orphanages in the past as recruitment/training centers to groom young children into fighters, or that certain orphanges had/have ties to Liberation?

Because like

a major Liberation HQ was raided quite publicly showing that evidence to the world.
¸,,¸_____}\,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,...,,,,,,
`’’´¯¯¯¯¯}/’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’¨¨¨¯
The simulacrum is never that which conceals the truth-it is the truth which conceals that there is none. The simulacrum is true.
musashisamurai

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Subotai45 » 14 May 2019, 04:31

You do not know the specific history of these specific orphanages on Mars. You know that, in the past, in South America, Liberation has used orphanages extensively, but have no specific evidence either way about the situation on Mars. I believe I am being replaced as judge, but if there is any clarity needed on this result specifically I can answer.
Subotai45

All-game rating: 4127

Postby Subotai45 » 14 May 2019, 18:19

The Federation thanks its friends in the PCG and Consortium for their offers of help in these trying times. We are touched by your willingness to lay the lives of your own citizens on the line to protect the good people of Mar del Plata that have shared this planet for you in peace and friendship for untold centuries. It is good to know that despite past rancor, we all desire new era of peace and prosperity for all of Mars, and are able to stand together against those despicable warmongers that seek to shatter the peace that this planet has so carefully preserved.

However, we must ask that you allow us to handle this matter. The people of Venus and of Mar del Plata have long prided themselves on their peaceful conduct on Mars. We have proven to be no hardship nor imposition on the native inhabitants. We have fought no wars, engaged in no aggressive expansion, and assimilated no unwilling people. We have not armed or fortified the Free City to avoid being a disturbance to our neighbors and assisted in the construction of the proposed planetary shield, the sections in the nations to our south being the only completed as far as we know.

If we were to let PCG peacekeepers die in the streets of the Free City, or Baunairi perish in the inhospitable lands of Ceona's Martian colony, we would be poor guests, when we have always strived to be a benefit, and not a harm. The Federation is a defender of freedom wherever it lies, and while it is deeply grateful for your offer, the Federal Army is responsible for putting down this threat to all of civilized Mars. So long as Ceona does not invite more offworld powers to disturb the tranquility of the Red Planet and abides by the laws of warfare, there should not be a need for either the Entiates or the PCG to get involved.

OOC: Thank you, King and Jon, but this was a generally negotiated war, and it would be rude of me to call in a handful of extra major Martian powers against Beads after promising not to. I hope I gave a reasonable IC explanation that offers no offense. If Beads reneges on his side of the deal, by inviting in allies, using forbidden weapons, or expanding the scope of the war, and you would like to jump in after he breaks the negotiated bounds, you are of course welcome. That being said, Beads fired King as judge, and King took over the Liberation judging anyway, so we probably don't have anyone active and willing so this will likely be restricted to angry speeches and little more.
Subotai45

Postby beadsman » 14 May 2019, 20:57

I don't remember firing king, but also I remember asking if a Mobian could judge it. Musashi or Zander, is either one of you available?

This war is actually kind of important to me.
Last edited by beadsman on 14 May 2019, 21:19, edited 1 time in total.
Silver member of the Classicists

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room." - President Merkin Muffley
“It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.” - William Blake

Imperator of the Cyon Imperium in CYOC
beadsman

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1594
All-game rating: 1605

Postby Subotai45 » 14 May 2019, 20:59

beadsman wrote:I don't remember firing king, but also I remember asking if a Mobian child judge it. Musashi or Zander, is either one of you available?

This war is actually kind of important to me.

Ah you're right I thought you made a post that Cons actually made when he said "might need another judge" in response to King threatening military action.
Subotai45

Postby musashisamurai » 15 May 2019, 04:21

Subotai45 wrote:You do not know the specific history of these specific orphanages on Mars. You know that, in the past, in South America, Liberation has used orphanages extensively, but have no specific evidence either way about the situation on Mars. I believe I am being replaced as judge, but if there is any clarity needed on this result specifically I can answer.

Thanks! Thats what I figured but I wanted to make sure.
¸,,¸_____}\,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,...,,,,,,
`’’´¯¯¯¯¯}/’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’¨¨¨¯
The simulacrum is never that which conceals the truth-it is the truth which conceals that there is none. The simulacrum is true.
musashisamurai

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)

Postby jonisilk » 15 May 2019, 23:12

OOC: No worries dude, and no offence taken.

That being said, the offer still stands if you should need it. As far as I'm concerned (and I'm pretty sure King feels similarly) MdP is a part of the Red Planet Posse and we've got your back.
The enemies of my enemies are not necessarily my friend, but they may still be useful.

Member of the Classicists.
jonisilk

Standard rating: (1312)
All-game rating: (1427)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Subotai45 » 19 May 2019, 16:43

Jainisism, after diligent work by Baunairi and local Venusian missionaries, has become a significant faith on Venus. Roughly 40 million Venusians have converted to the faith, and the number has been slowly increasing.
Subotai45

Postby beadsman » 19 May 2019, 22:26

Considering the violent reactions of the PCG and Baun, the Emperor had rescinded his claim to Mar del Plata.
Silver member of the Classicists

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room." - President Merkin Muffley
“It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.” - William Blake

Imperator of the Cyon Imperium in CYOC
beadsman

Standard rating: 1594
All-game rating: 1605

Postby Subotai45 » 20 May 2019, 01:33

The Free City has been preserved, not by the force of Federal arms, but by the goodwill of its Martian neighbors, without the need for war. The Free City intends to enter into negotiations with the Federal government to give it greater latitude in the field of foreign policy. Rather than relying on the Federal government, the Municipal Government intends to work with its neighbors to create a peaceful planet without the threat of war and create agreements to ensure such.
Subotai45

PreviousNext

Return to Create Your Own Country