No Live Games confusing

This is the home for suggestions for site improvements, changes to house rules, and new variants.
Forum rules
It's okay to suggest new rules variants in this forum, but proposing new *maps* should be done in the linked "New Map Variant Proposals & Voting" subforum.

No Live Games confusing

Postby Woolgie » 14 Dec 2020, 13:09

I’ve seen a lot of comments in the chat box over the last few months, and now three times in the last week, querying how new players can play when there are ‘no live games’.

They are reading the ‘no live games’ statement in the live games box and instead are believing that there are ‘no games live’, I.e. no games at all to join, suggesting that this site is dud.

I’m sure after a while people realise the mistake and find a game to join, but is it possible to change the wording on the homepage? Maybe ‘There are currently no live games, but there are plenty of normal games to join here’.
I ran Play Diplomacy League for a time and then I set it free
Redesigning my Star Wars variant
Still proud of my solo in Versailles Fog Chaos
WDC 2020 38th place
Woolgie
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1042
All-game rating: 939
Timezone: GMT

Re: No Live Games confusing

Postby sroca » 14 Dec 2020, 19:16

Might be better to have a metric instead if people think the site is a dud. X number of games in progress for instance.
Hebrews 3:7-8a (ESV)
"Therefore, as the Holy Spirit says, 'Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts...'"

Please donate funds to the site for its extended operation. Here is the link: http://www.playdiplomacy.com/premium.php
sroca
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1100
All-game rating: 1151
Timezone: GMT-5

Return to Suggestions