Premium Variants

This is the home for suggestions for site improvements, changes to house rules, and new variants.
Forum rules
It's okay to suggest new rules variants in this forum, but proposing new *maps* should be done in the linked "New Map Variant Proposals & Voting" subforum.

Re: Premium Variants

Postby super_dipsy » 31 May 2019, 16:48

It's pretty simple really. The starting point is Premium games are for Premium players. Only Premium players can set them up.

For non-Premium players, we occasionally hand out credits that allow a non-Premium player to join a Premium game as a special treat :) . But this does not allow the non-premium player to create premium games, that was never the purpose. It is like giving a non-prem a free pass to join a premium game. Join, not create.

If you wish to create a Premium game yourself and join it, you will need to become Premium.
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1000
All-game rating: 931
Timezone: GMT

Postby Strategus » 31 May 2019, 18:25

IMG_0542.jpg
IMG_0542.jpg (37.18 KiB) Viewed 149 times

Poodoo!
The Devil makes work for idle forces

Better to have fought and lost, than never to have fought at all
Actual Platinum Classicist
I did WDC 2017

Just say "NO!" To carebears and kittens
Strategus

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1583
All-game rating: 1708

Postby Mr.E » 31 May 2019, 18:28

If you find that everyone knows who is who after two turns in anon countries, play against different people.

I think Dipsy's right. Premium games are that way for a reason. I don't see anything terribly wrong with someone using a premium credit to create a game, on the expectation that they'd actually play in the game. But you know what's gonna happen... As NoPun said, if the game's created but they've messed up it would be can I have my credit back? or will you fix it?
Respect neither opinions nor beliefs; only respect the person and the right to express them.
Play by the rules but be ferocious.
Mr.E
Premium Member

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: 966
All-game rating: 1134

Previous

Return to Suggestions