Move orders via convoy

This is the home for suggestions for site improvements, changes to house rules, and new variants.
Forum rules
It's okay to suggest new rules variants in this forum, but proposing new *maps* should be done in the linked "New Map Variant Proposals & Voting" subforum.

Re: Move orders via convoy

Postby jay65536 » 09 Jun 2019, 17:35

My house rule is more or less a generalization of NP's observations about convoys working more like supports. Should I take it to a new thread?

Also, NP, the 1971 rules are terrible for 2 reasons: they allow contradictions, and more importantly they also reverse the rule we like that says if any convoy path is valid then the convoy succeeds. (It says if any convoy path is BROKEN then the move FAILS. We definitely don't want that!)
jay65536

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1120
All-game rating: 1126
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby ColonelApricot » 10 Jun 2019, 01:03

jay65536 wrote:My house rule is more or less a generalization of NP's observations about convoys working more like supports. Should I take it to a new thread?

Do it. NP put it nicely. No right of refusal!
Dog of War in ToS
GRU of the Despicables in TTT
ColonelApricot
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1010
All-game rating: 1400
Timezone: GMT

Postby NoPunIn10Did » 11 Jun 2019, 16:53

jay65536 wrote:Also, NP, the 1971 rules are terrible for 2 reasons: they allow contradictions, and more importantly they also reverse the rule we like that says if any convoy path is valid then the convoy succeeds. (It says if any convoy path is BROKEN then the move FAILS. We definitely don't want that!)

I guess Backstabbr isn't going strictly by the '71 rules then. They allow multiple convoy paths.
Lead Volunteer Developer & Forum Admin

Variant GM & Designer
NoPunIn10Did
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1000
All-game rating: 1471
Timezone: GMT-5

Previous

Return to Suggestions