Proposal: New Colors for Versailles?

This is the home for suggestions for site improvements, changes to house rules, and new variants.
Forum rules
It's okay to suggest new rules variants in this forum, but proposing new *maps* should be done in the linked "New Map Variant Proposals & Voting" subforum.

Re: Proposal: New Colors for Versailles?

Postby ColonelApricot » 23 May 2019, 07:11

I agree it needs improvement. Spain/Egypt and Turkey/Czech are the nasties.

A MUCH BIGGER issue is that ESCALATION needs to be implemented for Versailles. This would vastly improve what is already a very fine map.

..CA
Dog of War in ToS
GRU of the Despicables in TTT
ColonelApricot
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1010
All-game rating: 1400
Timezone: GMT

Postby ColonelApricot » 23 May 2019, 10:06

I agree it needs improvement. Spain/Egypt and Turkey/Czech are the nasties. The rest are OK.

A MUCH BIGGER issue is that ESCALATION needs to be implemented for Versailles. This would vastly improve what is already a very fine map.

..CA
Dog of War in ToS
GRU of the Despicables in TTT
ColonelApricot
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1010
All-game rating: 1400

Postby Woolgie » 23 May 2019, 12:21

I would support a small change in the colour of Czechia. Anyone who doesn’t support this presumably has superhuman eyes.

Also, Swedish Units (not territory) as they are easily confused- particularly when an Italian unit enters a Swedish territory.

Beyond that, no. The colour scheme is what it is. If we were going back to scratch then I’d ask why USSR isn’t white, but there’s no need - the colour scheme works (almost) perfectly.
Jon Stark in Diplomacy of Ice and Fire III - Winter is coming
GMing my Star Wars variant
Still proud of my solo in Versailles Fog Chaos
Woolgie
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1028
All-game rating: 920

Postby NoPunIn10Did » 23 May 2019, 12:34

Woolgie wrote:I would support a small change in the colour of Czechia. Anyone who doesn’t support this presumably has superhuman eyes.

Also, Swedish Units (not territory) as they are easily confused- particularly when an Italian unit enters a Swedish territory.

Beyond that, no. The colour scheme is what it is. If we were going back to scratch then I’d ask why USSR isn’t white, but there’s no need - the colour scheme works (almost) perfectly.

Thematically, USSR should not be the White Russians. Purple maybe, or Red, but the Soviets defeated the White Russians (and now they are more known for being a tasty alcoholic beverage).
NoPunIn10Did
Lead Volunteer Developer

Forum Administrator

Variant GM & Designer
NoPunIn10Did
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1000
All-game rating: 1471
Timezone: GMT-5

Previous

Return to Suggestions