Announcing: Awards for "I like my ladies..." Thread

Non-Dip games (such as "Mafia" and "Create Your Own Country") hosted by Forum members.

Announcing: Awards for "I like my ladies..." Thread

Postby Conq » 01 Mar 2017, 00:01

***** MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT *****

Five years ago today, The Pez opened a thread called "I like my ladies like I like my _________." 1,826 days, a tremendous amount of effort on the part of this community, and 517 posts later, the thread has grown to become a phenomenon. And it was only possible based on the selfless efforts of people like you, who worked hard to generate excellent submissions, without regard for recognition or compensation.

I would like to announce, on behalf of the Playdiplomacy.com administration, and the World Diplomacy Federation, that your efforts have not gone unnoticed, and will not go unrecognized. We will be offering awards for the top submissions to the "I like my ladies" thread. The following awards have already been discussed:

Best pitch (for the most creative and intriguing first line, e.g., "I like my ladies like I like my Halloween candy.")

Best hit (for the best punch line, e.g., "collected door-to-door, dropped in plastic bags, set aside for weeks, and then discarded")

Best complete submission (for the single best combined pitch and hit)

Worst complete submission (for the one that is just the worst)

Most impressive save (for the person who saved the thread by making contact with an incredibly difficult pitch, that perhaps caused weeks or months of delay)

❆ And, perhaps most coveted, the entry that was so disgusting and disturbing it wasn't funny at all and we really should report this person to the proper authorities.

If you have other ideas for award categories, please let us know here.

Additionally, we are now accepting nominations for any of these categories. Nominations will be open for the entire month of March. Please, spend some time reading all 517 posts, and consider which ones are most deserving of recognition, or a telephone call to the FBI. Let us know here what you find.

Additionally, contribute more entries to the "I like my ladies like I like my _________" thread. Entries that are submitted and nominated before the end of March are still eligible for recognition.

Site Administrators, please consider elevating this important announcement to the home page.
Conq
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 2437
All-game rating: 2578
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: Announcing: Awards for "I like my ladies..." Thread

Postby I Love Italy » 01 Mar 2017, 00:43

Only one month left for submissions! I'm so excited I could blow a gasket!
I have special eyes.
I Love Italy

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1041)
All-game rating: (1059)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby asudevil » 01 Mar 2017, 05:46

Let's make sure we all know this is NOT sponsored by the play dip admin...although I wade in there every once in a while...cause it's freaking hilarious ... And I remember when these threads were started...god I'm old.
Captain FANG, forum team championships WINNER
Part of the surviving nations of WW4/Haven

Unless I am in the cheater's subforum. 99% of what I say is NOT as a mod.

Want to play fantasy football this season here...Reigning Champion
asudevil

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1351)
All-game rating: (1497)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby The Pez » 04 Mar 2017, 00:10

Haha, it's always strange to see that thread at the top of my 'view your posts' whenever I check this site. Great to see that it's taken on a life of its own. Can't believe it's been 5 years already! I was 15 when I made that thread, great thanks to people like sinnybee, asudevil and all the others who've propagated it for such a long time. I actually took the concept from a forum called Eddsworld. I was lurking one day and noticed this thread on their own off-topic subforum, and I figured it would mesh well with PlayDip. BOY was I right.
The Pez

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (972)
All-game rating: (974)
Timezone: GMT

Postby sinnybee » 25 Aug 2017, 20:54

On behalf of the Playdiplomacy.com administration, and the World Diplomacy Federation (I'm kidding, asudevil, chill ;) ), I'd like to officially extend the deadline for submissions.

Good to see you peeking in here, pez :)
Gold Classicist since 1-11-11
FT Asst GM of 35 player WWIV Aug 2011-Feb 2012
#1 ranked player of playdip early 2013
4th highest forum karma count at Apr 2013 ending (behind Craw, Dipsy, and Rick)
Tournament Director of the 31 game PDVT Feb-Dec 2014, the first playdip tourney with over 100 sign-ups
sinnybee

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1332)
All-game rating: (1467)
Timezone: GMT-7

Return to Other Play-by-Forum Games