Page 3 of 6

Re: Cyvasse

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2013, 16:07
by pjkon
Zandron's move is wil indeed have the effect he describes if my understanding of the rules is correct. My trebuchet shoots his catupult back.

Re: Cyvasse

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2013, 16:15
by pjkon
If each peice can only shoot those of its own rank or below then the game is effectively over as soon as one side loses their catupult and trebuchet as ong as the other side rtains there trebuchet. This is true no matter what other material is on the board. I think that the game is better for the current set of rules.

Re: Cyvasse

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2013, 16:49
by Zadaron
pjkon wrote:Zandron's move is wil indeed have the effect he describes if my understanding of the rules is correct. My trebuchet shoots his catupult back.


I don't know if it can, since the trebuchet can only fire in the direction it last moved. If that's the way it works though, the trebuchet would be pretty vulnerable/unusable against any enemy that get's up close to it, though that might be intended.

pjkon wrote:If each peice can only shoot those of its own rank or below then the game is effectively over as soon as one side loses their catupult and trebuchet as ong as the other side rtains there trebuchet. This is true no matter what other material is on the board. I think that the game is better for the current set of rules.


I agree

Re: Cyvasse

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2013, 17:45
by pjkon
We already discussed in no uncertian terms that ranged peices can move to attack, they do not have to shoot. It is in this sense that my trebuchet shoots your catupult. It attempts to move to its square, but fails because of the fortress. Your move.

Re: Cyvasse

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2013, 21:52
by Zadaron
pjkon wrote:We already discussed in no uncertian terms that ranged peices can move to attack, they do not have to shoot. It is in this sense that my trebuchet shoots your catupult. It attempts to move to its square, but fails because of the fortress. Your move.


blackfish wrote:Ah, yes, I see what you mean. Well, as amusing as it would be, being run over by a catapult, I don't think that melee attacks are possible with ranged units. They move, attack then finish. Or attack and finish. In any case, the ranged unit finished its move upon attacking.


It seems they can't melee attack, though maybe they can "bounce" in order to turn, then fire. It's Blackfish's call. Otherwise you could attack my Catapult with your Elephant for the same efffect.

Re: Cyvasse

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2013, 07:09
by Blackfish
Zadaron wrote:
pjkon wrote:We already discussed in no uncertian terms that ranged peices can move to attack, they do not have to shoot. It is in this sense that my trebuchet shoots your catupult. It attempts to move to its square, but fails because of the fortress. Your move.


blackfish wrote:Ah, yes, I see what you mean. Well, as amusing as it would be, being run over by a catapult, I don't think that melee attacks are possible with ranged units. They move, attack then finish. Or attack and finish. In any case, the ranged unit finished its move upon attacking.


It seems they can't melee attack, though maybe they can "bounce" in order to turn, then fire. It's Blackfish's call. Otherwise you could attack my Catapult with your Elephant for the same efffect.



That is a difficult call, actually... I think that we may try playing with the rule that yes, you may "rotate" your trbuchet by bouncing it on a unit. Makes the game a little bit more strategic :D

I will update now, with the moves posted since last time.

Re: Cyvasse

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2013, 07:33
by Zadaron
Catapult D4 shoots Trebuchet E4

Re: Cyvasse

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2013, 07:43
by Blackfish
Both fortresses destroyed, not much else to report.


Image

I might consider adding rules for future versions that make siege weapons more vulnerable to cavalry. They just seem a bit too overpowered.
Realistically, unless they are being guarded by soldiers, a trebuchet can be taken down by any George and his axe!
Maybe make it so that the Rabble has some training in basic chopping and so, can take down any siege unit by himself.

Not in this version, though.

Re: Cyvasse

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2013, 01:50
by pjkon
I agree with your point blackfish, perhaps much like the fact that all ranged units can kill dragons all mele units should be able to kill all ranged units (assuming then can get close enough). In this game though my elephant now takes the catupult.

Re: Cyvasse

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2013, 02:11
by Zadaron
Heavy Cavalry D5 captures Elephant D4