Cyvasse Test Run

Non-Dip games (such as "Mafia" and "Create Your Own Country") hosted by Forum members.

Re: Cyvasse

Postby mat.gopack » 13 Feb 2013, 23:11

pjkon wrote:No, the goal is to kill the king. Capturing the elephant does not win the game, nor is this move check, let alone checkmate.

ah, my bad. I'd seen another move then :oops:
I'll be quiet (don't want to ruin this game...)
.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.mat.gopack.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.
Mattopia of the Mattibean Union in CYOC. You should join ;)

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"

Spreadsheets are fun!
User avatar
mat.gopack
 
Posts: 20736
Joined: 22 Nov 2009, 23:40
Location: The Carolinas
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (929)
All-game rating: (929)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Cyvasse

Postby pjkon » 13 Feb 2013, 23:11

I think some serious attempts need to be made to power up the rabble in the next addition. No one has even moved them so far, and despite having had the ability for the whole game neither player has used up a move to capture them. They might as well not even be there.
It is better to have scs then allies, assuming something aproaching equal combat power in each

Your credibility with eliminated powers is irrelavant

Keep your allies happy enough that they stay allies

If you are receiving a message from me ignore this signature
pjkon
 
Posts: 376
Joined: 06 Feb 2012, 22:05
Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Cyvasse

Postby Blackfish » 13 Feb 2013, 23:19

pjkon wrote:I think some serious attempts need to be made to power up the rabble in the next addition. No one has even moved them so far, and despite having had the ability for the whole game neither player has used up a move to capture them. They might as well not even be there.


Yeah, I have suggested making them siege weapon destroyers. I will compile a list of improvements at the end of the game, we'll worry about that later.
"You must not fight too often with one enemy, or you will teach him all your art of war." - Plutarch

Game History
User avatar
Blackfish
 
Posts: 1592
Joined: 28 Oct 2012, 05:46
Class: Ambassador
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT+10

Re: Cyvasse

Postby Blackfish » 13 Feb 2013, 23:25

By the way, Zadaron, I have made the rules for forests a little it different. I hav no idea how this will affect the game. Only the first forest tile you move into affects movement. Moving within the forest is normal movement.
So: Forest - Forest is normal movement, though, grass to forest causes you to move only one more space.
"You must not fight too often with one enemy, or you will teach him all your art of war." - Plutarch

Game History
User avatar
Blackfish
 
Posts: 1592
Joined: 28 Oct 2012, 05:46
Class: Ambassador
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT+10

Re: Cyvasse

Postby Zadaron » 13 Feb 2013, 23:52

Blackfish wrote:By the way, Zadaron, I have made the rules for forests a little it different. I hav no idea how this will affect the game. Only the first forest tile you move into affects movement. Moving within the forest is normal movement.
So: Forest - Forest is normal movement, though, grass to forest causes you to move only one more space.


Umh, what?!? I wouldn't have moved my Elephant there if it could be captured...
Genghis Khan wrote:The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters
User avatar
Zadaron
 
Posts: 417
Joined: 12 Oct 2012, 23:43
Location: Skövde, Sweden mostly, sometimes Halmstad, Sweden
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (991)
All-game rating: (1416)
Timezone: GMT+1

Re: Cyvasse

Postby Zadaron » 14 Feb 2013, 00:12

I think it's very unfair to change an unambigous rule in the middle of the game with no prior warning when the change directly leads to one of the strongest pieces left on the board being captured. Every player should have a chance to move before the change comes into effect.
Genghis Khan wrote:The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters
User avatar
Zadaron
 
Posts: 417
Joined: 12 Oct 2012, 23:43
Location: Skövde, Sweden mostly, sometimes Halmstad, Sweden
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (991)
All-game rating: (1416)
Timezone: GMT+1

Re: Cyvasse

Postby Blackfish » 14 Feb 2013, 00:47

Zadaron wrote:I think it's very unfair to change an unambigous rule in the middle of the game with no prior warning when the change directly leads to one of the strongest pieces left on the board being captured. Every player should have a chance to move before the change comes into effect.

Sorry mate, I've been very busy this week. Pjkon had agreed to undo both his move so you can undo yours. Again, I'm sorry. I have been rushing all over the place with study, work and this. You may guess which ones have priority over the others. Honestly, I try to be online as often as possible. Sorry about that. :? :? :?
"You must not fight too often with one enemy, or you will teach him all your art of war." - Plutarch

Game History
User avatar
Blackfish
 
Posts: 1592
Joined: 28 Oct 2012, 05:46
Class: Ambassador
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT+10

Re: Cyvasse

Postby pjkon » 14 Feb 2013, 00:48

If you want then we can just call it a draw and proceed to revise and clarify the rules. Consider this a draw offer. We will likely draw anyway as we both have very strong king defences which are unlikely to ever be overcome.
It is better to have scs then allies, assuming something aproaching equal combat power in each

Your credibility with eliminated powers is irrelavant

Keep your allies happy enough that they stay allies

If you are receiving a message from me ignore this signature
pjkon
 
Posts: 376
Joined: 06 Feb 2012, 22:05
Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Cyvasse

Postby Blackfish » 14 Feb 2013, 00:56

It is just a test run. After all, I didn't really expect the game to finish. I just wanted to test run pieces and terrain. I kind of expected to end the game after a few days to revise and improve the rules, though I thought that the game was pretty fun so I let it play out. I don't think we should end on a bad note. Up to you guys.

I will contact you both after I have redone the rules, as well as the people who haw expressed interest in the discussion thread.
"You must not fight too often with one enemy, or you will teach him all your art of war." - Plutarch

Game History
User avatar
Blackfish
 
Posts: 1592
Joined: 28 Oct 2012, 05:46
Class: Ambassador
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT+10

Re: Cyvasse Test Run

Postby Zadaron » 14 Feb 2013, 03:21

No problem, it was just a bit unexpected. We can call it a draw if you want, it's fine by me either way.

If we continue playing, what moves did we undo exactly? What's the board state?
Genghis Khan wrote:The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters
User avatar
Zadaron
 
Posts: 417
Joined: 12 Oct 2012, 23:43
Location: Skövde, Sweden mostly, sometimes Halmstad, Sweden
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (991)
All-game rating: (1416)
Timezone: GMT+1

PreviousNext

Return to Other Play-by-Forum Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests