Cyvasse Test Run

Non-Dip games (such as "Mafia" and "Create Your Own Country") hosted by Forum members.

Re: Cyvasse

Postby pjkon » 10 Feb 2013, 16:07

Zandron's move is wil indeed have the effect he describes if my understanding of the rules is correct. My trebuchet shoots his catupult back.
It is better to have scs then allies, assuming something aproaching equal combat power in each

Your credibility with eliminated powers is irrelavant

Keep your allies happy enough that they stay allies

If you are receiving a message from me ignore this signature
pjkon

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby pjkon » 10 Feb 2013, 16:15

If each peice can only shoot those of its own rank or below then the game is effectively over as soon as one side loses their catupult and trebuchet as ong as the other side rtains there trebuchet. This is true no matter what other material is on the board. I think that the game is better for the current set of rules.
It is better to have scs then allies, assuming something aproaching equal combat power in each

pjkon

Postby Zadaron » 10 Feb 2013, 16:49

pjkon wrote:Zandron's move is wil indeed have the effect he describes if my understanding of the rules is correct. My trebuchet shoots his catupult back.

I don't know if it can, since the trebuchet can only fire in the direction it last moved. If that's the way it works though, the trebuchet would be pretty vulnerable/unusable against any enemy that get's up close to it, though that might be intended.

pjkon wrote:If each peice can only shoot those of its own rank or below then the game is effectively over as soon as one side loses their catupult and trebuchet as ong as the other side rtains there trebuchet. This is true no matter what other material is on the board. I think that the game is better for the current set of rules.

I agree
Genghis Khan wrote:The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters
Zadaron

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (991)
All-game rating: (1416)
Timezone: GMT+1

Postby pjkon » 10 Feb 2013, 17:45

We already discussed in no uncertian terms that ranged peices can move to attack, they do not have to shoot. It is in this sense that my trebuchet shoots your catupult. It attempts to move to its square, but fails because of the fortress. Your move.

pjkon

Postby Zadaron » 10 Feb 2013, 21:52

pjkon wrote:We already discussed in no uncertian terms that ranged peices can move to attack, they do not have to shoot. It is in this sense that my trebuchet shoots your catupult. It attempts to move to its square, but fails because of the fortress. Your move.

blackfish wrote:Ah, yes, I see what you mean. Well, as amusing as it would be, being run over by a catapult, I don't think that melee attacks are possible with ranged units. They move, attack then finish. Or attack and finish. In any case, the ranged unit finished its move upon attacking.

It seems they can't melee attack, though maybe they can "bounce" in order to turn, then fire. It's Blackfish's call. Otherwise you could attack my Catapult with your Elephant for the same efffect.
Genghis Khan wrote:The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters
Zadaron

Postby Blackfish » 11 Feb 2013, 07:09

Zadaron wrote:
pjkon wrote:We already discussed in no uncertian terms that ranged peices can move to attack, they do not have to shoot. It is in this sense that my trebuchet shoots your catupult. It attempts to move to its square, but fails because of the fortress. Your move.

blackfish wrote:Ah, yes, I see what you mean. Well, as amusing as it would be, being run over by a catapult, I don't think that melee attacks are possible with ranged units. They move, attack then finish. Or attack and finish. In any case, the ranged unit finished its move upon attacking.

It seems they can't melee attack, though maybe they can "bounce" in order to turn, then fire. It's Blackfish's call. Otherwise you could attack my Catapult with your Elephant for the same efffect.

That is a difficult call, actually... I think that we may try playing with the rule that yes, you may "rotate" your trbuchet by bouncing it on a unit. Makes the game a little bit more strategic :D

I will update now, with the moves posted since last time.
"You must not fight too often with one enemy, or you will teach him all your art of war." - Plutarch

Game History
Blackfish

Timezone: GMT+10

Postby Zadaron » 11 Feb 2013, 07:33

Catapult D4 shoots Trebuchet E4
Zadaron

Postby Blackfish » 11 Feb 2013, 07:43

Both fortresses destroyed, not much else to report.

I might consider adding rules for future versions that make siege weapons more vulnerable to cavalry. They just seem a bit too overpowered.
Realistically, unless they are being guarded by soldiers, a trebuchet can be taken down by any George and his axe!
Maybe make it so that the Rabble has some training in basic chopping and so, can take down any siege unit by himself.

Not in this version, though.
"You must not fight too often with one enemy, or you will teach him all your art of war." - Plutarch

Game History
Blackfish

Timezone: GMT+10

Postby pjkon » 12 Feb 2013, 01:50

I agree with your point blackfish, perhaps much like the fact that all ranged units can kill dragons all mele units should be able to kill all ranged units (assuming then can get close enough). In this game though my elephant now takes the catupult.

pjkon

Postby Zadaron » 12 Feb 2013, 02:11

Heavy Cavalry D5 captures Elephant D4
Zadaron

PreviousNext

Return to Other Play-by-Forum Games