Cyvasse Test Run

Non-Dip games (such as "Mafia" and "Create Your Own Country") hosted by Forum members.

Re: Cyvasse

Postby Blackfish » 10 Feb 2013, 00:41

Did we ever clarify what happened when two units of equal strength battle? I searched the rules and nothing seems to have been mentioned... You both seem to have automatically interpreted it as "offensive unit wins". I don't have a problem with that, though I should probably update the rules.

Pjkon, you speak the truth, a ranged unit can move, then attack, or simply attack, should you choose, though the trebuchet can only shoot in the direction it was last moving.

Zadaron, you are right. Ranged units cannot shoot from water tiles.


On a side note, I think that you have both leaned the first rule of patience in cyvasse. Don't get too carried away with mashing all your unit in the centre of the board :lol:

I will update soon, when I get back from an appointment. I'm writing this from my phone, so obviously I don't have adobe fireworks and the files.
"You must not fight too often with one enemy, or you will teach him all your art of war." - Plutarch

Game History
User avatar
Blackfish
 
Posts: 1592
Joined: 28 Oct 2012, 05:46
Class: Ambassador
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT+10

Re: Cyvasse

Postby pjkon » 10 Feb 2013, 01:00

Zadaron wrote:Actually, my king wouldn't be checked regardless, because ranged units cannot shoot from water tiles.

Water stops a unit’s movement once they enter it. That unit can not be moved next turn and must wait until that turn is passed before it moves again. Trebuchets, Catapults, Crossbowmen can not attack while they are in this tile

right, missed that :oops:
It is better to have scs then allies, assuming something aproaching equal combat power in each

Your credibility with eliminated powers is irrelavant

Keep your allies happy enough that they stay allies

If you are receiving a message from me ignore this signature
pjkon
 
Posts: 376
Joined: 06 Feb 2012, 22:05
Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Cyvasse

Postby Zadaron » 10 Feb 2013, 01:36

Blackfish wrote:Did we ever clarify what happened when two units of equal strength battle? I searched the rules and nothing seems to have been mentioned... You both seem to have automatically interpreted it as "offensive unit wins". I don't have a problem with that, though I should probably update the rules.


The rules say:

There are 10 pieces, each with their own unique abilities. Each player receives one of each at the start of the game to place where they wish inside of their homeland. All pieces can kill a piece of their same type or lower, the one ranked above it, and the King


So any piece can generally capture any other piece with up to one more strength, if that's what you mean.



What Pjkon was wondering is if a ranged unit can do a melee attack and shoot in the same move. It doesen't really say anything in the rules, i'm not even sure if ranged units can do melee attacks in the first place. Anyway, if they can, i'd say that the most logical rule would be that they can't do anything more after melee attacking, just like a cavalry unit can't capture a unit then continue moving.
Genghis Khan wrote:The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters
User avatar
Zadaron
 
Posts: 417
Joined: 12 Oct 2012, 23:43
Location: Skövde, Sweden mostly, sometimes Halmstad, Sweden
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (991)
All-game rating: (1416)
Timezone: GMT+1

Re: Cyvasse

Postby Blackfish » 10 Feb 2013, 02:52

Ah, yes, I see what you mean. Well, as amusing as it would be, being run over by a catapult, I don't think that melee attacks are possible with ranged units. They move, attack then finish. Or attack and finish. In any case, the ranged unit finished its move upon attacking.
"You must not fight too often with one enemy, or you will teach him all your art of war." - Plutarch

Game History
User avatar
Blackfish
 
Posts: 1592
Joined: 28 Oct 2012, 05:46
Class: Ambassador
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT+10

Re: Cyvasse

Postby pjkon » 10 Feb 2013, 04:05

I could resign here :D
That would ruin the game though. Well now we know the rules. Your move Zandron.
It is better to have scs then allies, assuming something aproaching equal combat power in each

Your credibility with eliminated powers is irrelavant

Keep your allies happy enough that they stay allies

If you are receiving a message from me ignore this signature
pjkon
 
Posts: 376
Joined: 06 Feb 2012, 22:05
Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Cyvasse

Postby Blackfish » 10 Feb 2013, 05:09

pjkon wrote:I could resign here :D
That would ruin the game though. Well now we know the rules. Your move Zandron.



This is more of a test run, really, to fix situations like this. It's not really a serious game.
"You must not fight too often with one enemy, or you will teach him all your art of war." - Plutarch

Game History
User avatar
Blackfish
 
Posts: 1592
Joined: 28 Oct 2012, 05:46
Class: Ambassador
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT+10

Re: Cyvasse

Postby Blackfish » 10 Feb 2013, 05:21

Here is the update, based on both your previous orders, without alteration:

Zadaron's King is not in danger, as the trebuchet fails to shoot that far, and it is facing the wrong direction anyway.

Image

Now, next four orders, please! :)
"You must not fight too often with one enemy, or you will teach him all your art of war." - Plutarch

Game History
User avatar
Blackfish
 
Posts: 1592
Joined: 28 Oct 2012, 05:46
Class: Ambassador
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT+10

Re: Cyvasse

Postby Zadaron » 10 Feb 2013, 05:50

Catapult D4 shoot Trebuchet E4
Genghis Khan wrote:The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters
User avatar
Zadaron
 
Posts: 417
Joined: 12 Oct 2012, 23:43
Location: Skövde, Sweden mostly, sometimes Halmstad, Sweden
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (991)
All-game rating: (1416)
Timezone: GMT+1

Re: Cyvasse

Postby Blackfish » 10 Feb 2013, 05:59

Zadaron wrote:Catapult D4 shoot Trebuchet E4



Catapult is weaker than the trebuchet. You can still play that as your move, though nothing will be gained from it, as the trebuchet will not be destroyed.
"You must not fight too often with one enemy, or you will teach him all your art of war." - Plutarch

Game History
User avatar
Blackfish
 
Posts: 1592
Joined: 28 Oct 2012, 05:46
Class: Ambassador
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT+10

Re: Cyvasse

Postby Zadaron » 10 Feb 2013, 15:00

Blackfish wrote:
Zadaron wrote:Catapult D4 shoot Trebuchet E4



Catapult is weaker than the trebuchet. You can still play that as your move, though nothing will be gained from it, as the trebuchet will not be destroyed.


Yes it can....

The Rules wrote:All pieces can kill a piece of their same type or lower, the one ranked above it, and the King
Genghis Khan wrote:The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters
User avatar
Zadaron
 
Posts: 417
Joined: 12 Oct 2012, 23:43
Location: Skövde, Sweden mostly, sometimes Halmstad, Sweden
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (991)
All-game rating: (1416)
Timezone: GMT+1

PreviousNext

Return to Other Play-by-Forum Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests

cron