AAR

GM: asudevil, Winner, Didadem

Re: AAR

Postby presser84 » 22 Sep 2013, 06:05

stalin813 wrote:BToo bad turkey felt throwing the game was a better option.


are you saying I had a better option?
Westeros Diplomacy - GM/creator
Diplomacy of Ice and Fire 2 - GM
Keirador wrote:Stop being a dickasaurus rex.
User avatar
presser84
 
Posts: 4327
Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 23:05
Location: New Jersey, USA
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1460)
All-game rating: (1678)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: AAR

Postby stalin813 » 22 Sep 2013, 07:51

presser84 wrote:
stalin813 wrote:BToo bad turkey felt throwing the game was a better option.


are you saying I had a better option?



Yes, Russia had to keep you in the game, because if you were eliminated, Germany could use Evil Eye over and over on the same target. Something Russia and I swore not to allow, because it was too strong. You still had a Home SC, unlike Italy and could grow again.
Best to get me at night (8pm to 12pm EDT)
User avatar
stalin813
 
Posts: 912
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 10:42
Location: Georgia, USA
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (982)
All-game rating: (1279)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: AAR

Postby presser84 » 22 Sep 2013, 08:10

stalin813 wrote:
presser84 wrote:
stalin813 wrote:BToo bad turkey felt throwing the game was a better option.


are you saying I had a better option?



Yes, Russia had to keep you in the game, because if you were eliminated, Germany could use Evil Eye over and over on the same target. Something Russia and I swore not to allow, because it was too strong. You still had a Home SC, unlike Italy and could grow again.


Having home centers is what made Russia continue to refuse to work with me and even why he chose to support Italy against me. He never stopped, even until the end.

You obviously had an aloof read on the true dynamic of the board. There was no way I was winning this game. At best I was going to get used and whittled down by the bigger powers for either a solo push for them or a better draw. Russia message me a few times and refused to stop attacking me. He had the nerve to message me just to say that he would only ally with me if I was near to death.

I don't see why I should care about evileye or any of that shit if I'm fighting just to survive. Further, if I'm going to die anyway why should I let the player responsible for it have a chance to win? Especially with the way he treated me diplomatically?
Westeros Diplomacy - GM/creator
Diplomacy of Ice and Fire 2 - GM
Keirador wrote:Stop being a dickasaurus rex.
User avatar
presser84
 
Posts: 4327
Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 23:05
Location: New Jersey, USA
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1460)
All-game rating: (1678)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: AAR

Postby stalin813 » 22 Sep 2013, 08:46

Of course I am not privy to your communications, so i can't go on that. I am only relaying what I am told about your conversations from him. I don't think we were looking to draw whittle, because like i said, Germany's power became to strong. I just think, someone winning a solo and being handed a solo are entirely different. Its one thing to trick a player into helping you solo, its another when they willfully give it to you.
Best to get me at night (8pm to 12pm EDT)
User avatar
stalin813
 
Posts: 912
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 10:42
Location: Georgia, USA
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (982)
All-game rating: (1279)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: AAR

Postby presser84 » 22 Sep 2013, 08:51

stalin813 wrote:Of course I am not privy to your communications, so i can't go on that. I am only relaying what I am told about your conversations from him. I don't think we were looking to draw whittle, because like i said, Germany's power became to strong. I just think, someone winning a solo and being handed a solo are entirely different. Its one thing to trick a player into helping you solo, its another when they willfully give it to you.


It was suicide for me to move before Russia. He never stopped.

If anything Russia handed him the solo by attacking me. I said I would do it and did.
Westeros Diplomacy - GM/creator
Diplomacy of Ice and Fire 2 - GM
Keirador wrote:Stop being a dickasaurus rex.
User avatar
presser84
 
Posts: 4327
Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 23:05
Location: New Jersey, USA
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1460)
All-game rating: (1678)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: AAR

Postby stalin813 » 22 Sep 2013, 08:54

presser84 wrote:
stalin813 wrote:Of course I am not privy to your communications, so i can't go on that. I am only relaying what I am told about your conversations from him. I don't think we were looking to draw whittle, because like i said, Germany's power became to strong. I just think, someone winning a solo and being handed a solo are entirely different. Its one thing to trick a player into helping you solo, its another when they willfully give it to you.


It was suicide for me to move before Russia. He never stopped.

If anything Russia handed him the solo by attacking me. I said I would do it and did.


So Russia couldn't attack you for the WHOLE game without you throwing it to France. You have to admit, a 10 SC amoeba is DEADLY
Best to get me at night (8pm to 12pm EDT)
User avatar
stalin813
 
Posts: 912
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 10:42
Location: Georgia, USA
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (982)
All-game rating: (1279)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: AAR

Postby presser84 » 22 Sep 2013, 08:56

When did I ever get to 10 centers?

and how is that relevant to how I played when I was down to 3 centers? You're talking out of your ass.
Westeros Diplomacy - GM/creator
Diplomacy of Ice and Fire 2 - GM
Keirador wrote:Stop being a dickasaurus rex.
User avatar
presser84
 
Posts: 4327
Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 23:05
Location: New Jersey, USA
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1460)
All-game rating: (1678)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: AAR

Postby stalin813 » 22 Sep 2013, 09:03

presser84 wrote:When did I ever get to 10 centers?

and how is that relevant to how I played when I was down to 3 centers? You're talking out of your ass.



If memory serves me right, Russia stabbed you when we had the ALA against France. You swore to throw the game to France if stabbed because of the last ALA failure in VR 3. Russia stabbed you in a season you very easily could have reached 10 SCs as we had taken France down a large enough peg to about 11 SCs I believe. My question was, at what point could he have attacked you, so you felt you didnt need to follow through on that original threat or should he never attack you because of this threat, even if you were at 12SC? 15SC? 17SC?
Best to get me at night (8pm to 12pm EDT)
User avatar
stalin813
 
Posts: 912
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 10:42
Location: Georgia, USA
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (982)
All-game rating: (1279)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: AAR

Postby presser84 » 22 Sep 2013, 09:13

The argument that at 6 centers I was a solo threat more than a 13 center France was bull shit. Russia stabbed me because of his own solo ambitions.

So looking at the map I was at 6 centers with Russia sitting in Const and France in Greece. I was still in ALA mode. My orders that turn reflected that. I let him walk into my center because I was working with the ALA still. I left 2 centers vacant behind my lines. If I had solo ambitions there is no way I do that.

You were/are obviously blinded by your marriage/alliance with him that you're buying that.

Then in the end-game no player showed any legit desire to keep me around. They continued to either use me or attack me. I see no reason why I should move again into an ALA where they have weakened me so greatly that I am susceptible to being whittled.

The fact that you seem incapable of understanding this boggles my mind.
Westeros Diplomacy - GM/creator
Diplomacy of Ice and Fire 2 - GM
Keirador wrote:Stop being a dickasaurus rex.
User avatar
presser84
 
Posts: 4327
Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 23:05
Location: New Jersey, USA
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1460)
All-game rating: (1678)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: AAR

Postby stalin813 » 22 Sep 2013, 11:24

presser84 wrote:The argument that at 6 centers I was a solo threat more than a 13 center France was bull shit. Russia stabbed me because of his own solo ambitions.

So looking at the map I was at 6 centers with Russia sitting in Const and France in Greece. I was still in ALA mode. My orders that turn reflected that. I let him walk into my center because I was working with the ALA still. I left 2 centers vacant behind my lines. If I had solo ambitions there is no way I do that.

You were/are obviously blinded by your marriage/alliance with him that you're buying that.

Then in the end-game no player showed any legit desire to keep me around. They continued to either use me or attack me. I see no reason why I should move again into an ALA where they have weakened me so greatly that I am susceptible to being whittled.

The fact that you seem incapable of understanding this boggles my mind.


I never really understand people's hyperbolic nature. I am perfectly capable of understanding things. The argument wasnt you at 6 centers, it was you bigger than that could not be easily contained. I am not saying the stab was right or wrong. I am saying, in VR, perceived strong powers are treated more harshly than they should be.
Best to get me at night (8pm to 12pm EDT)
User avatar
stalin813
 
Posts: 912
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 10:42
Location: Georgia, USA
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (982)
All-game rating: (1279)
Timezone: GMT-5

PreviousNext

Return to Game 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests