House Stark in DoIaF Game B
tjtjlizird

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (930)
All-game rating: (933)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Vain Rats 4 Looking for Players 6/7

Postby pjkon » 09 May 2013, 02:17

This sounds fun. I have played in once forum game, and am currently playing in another. I havn't NMRed any move in either game (NMRed one build in the first one because I was on vacation and missed the 24 hour phase). Do I qualify?
It is better to have scs then allies, assuming something aproaching equal combat power in each

Your credibility with eliminated powers is irrelavant

Keep your allies happy enough that they stay allies

If you are receiving a message from me ignore this signature
pjkon

All-game rating: (1000)

Postby asudevil » 09 May 2013, 03:36

pjkon wrote:This sounds fun. I have played in once forum game, and am currently playing in another. I havn't NMRed any move in either game (NMRed one build in the first one because I was on vacation and missed the 24 hour phase). Do I qualify?

What games did you play in...
Captain FANG, forum team championships WINNER
Part of the surviving nations of WW4/Haven

Unless I am in the cheater's subforum. 99% of what I say is NOT as a mod.
asudevil
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1351)
All-game rating: (1437)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby pjkon » 09 May 2013, 18:58

BeNe and 1700

BeNe first, 1700 now (wrapping up actually, down to four powers for all intents and purposes and no one seems able to force a solo. Draw coming).
It is better to have scs then allies, assuming something aproaching equal combat power in each

Your credibility with eliminated powers is irrelavant

Keep your allies happy enough that they stay allies

If you are receiving a message from me ignore this signature
pjkon

All-game rating: (1000)

Postby asudevil » 10 May 2013, 01:13

pjkon wrote:BeNe and 1700

BeNe first, 1700 now (wrapping up actually, down to four powers for all intents and purposes and no one seems able to force a solo. Draw coming).

Ok....you're in...We'll get this started shortly

asudevil
Premium Member

Re: Vain Rats 4 Looking for Players Looking for subs

Postby Diadem » 13 May 2013, 11:39

A non-powers related question, so hopefully allowed: How does winter 1900 work for England in this map? Can England build in Gibraltar? If so, can he chose which of his supply centres to leave empty? Also, if so, can he also opt not to.
Draw in Diplomacy Stew 2, playing Italy
Winner Four Seasons, playing England
Draw in Layered, playing Yellow (Russia + Turkey)
Winner Shuffle, playing Turkey
Winner Vain Rats 4, playing France

... but first you must learn how to smile as you kill.
Diadem

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (1001)
Timezone: GMT+1

Postby stalin813 » 13 May 2013, 12:04

Diadem wrote:A non-powers related question, so hopefully allowed: How does winter 1900 work for England in this map? Can England build in Gibraltar? If so, can he chose which of his supply centres to leave empty? Also, if so, can he also opt not to.

I believe the spirit of the winter builds rule means you have to build in the preproscribed territories. Has anyone played own the main site, what happens?
Best to get me at night (8pm to 12pm EDT)
stalin813

Standard rating: (982)
All-game rating: (1279)

Postby asudevil » 13 May 2013, 14:16

On the main site, winter 1900 doesn't let England build in Egypt/Gib, nor France in ALG...so its been disabled.

HOWEVER, I said in the rules that my winter 1900 will be a build anywhere (so that people can build wherever they control) AND that England can build in GIB if he choses.

After winter 1900 it will be a home SC only build game.

asudevil
Premium Member

Postby asudevil » 14 May 2013, 02:52

The following was asked by a player. Im putting the answers here so everyone sees them.

Guild - Can use use this power over spaces where you have fleets, or even where others have fleets? The rules don't say you can't, so I figure you can. But I want to double-check.

You can only use guild credits on empty spaces...fleets in water can AGREE to convoy you...saving you a credit...edited and adjusted

MacGyver - If you pick up a winter-power (say, bureaucracy) during the spring, then you won't have it in the fall. The rules say you only get it the 'movement phase after' implying you'd only get it in the next spring, and could only use it the next winter. That sounds kind of weak. Is that really how it works?

You will get it that winter....rules adjusted to show this

MacGyver - If a player dies, is his power still considered 'in play', or can macgyver take it? What if a player dies, but another player with insect has taken that power. Is it considered in play?

Its in play if its in the game to start the game....or in the game currently...rules adjusted to show this

Earthquake - If a territory is mined or trapped (Bene-Tleilaxu) and you make it impassable, then later on make it passable again, is the mine or trap kept?

Yes

Earthquake - If you earthquake Siberia, does Russia lose it's emergency rule powers?

No...it can't build in Siberia...but the power is kept

Chameleon - I see it has been upgraded so that even SCs you take aren't coloured. Prety nifty. But are players informed of their total number of SCs / builds? Are they informed they lost a province, even if the map isn't updated?

The Winter build totals will always be correct...so they can see they lost something, but won't know what/where it is.

Crooks Tourist - It talks about building in a mined province. But mines can't be build in SCs. What gives? Should 'mined' have read 'trapped'?

Yes, adjusted

IRA - Are IRA attacks affected by Illusionist?

Unsure as to the question

Hawkonnen - can you really use this power in 1901 already?

Yes

Thief - "Units that cannot be replaced are immune". I assume this means units with GW or Bene-Tleilexu, and not units like hopper that have a special ability but can be rebuild. But what about units from an insect or macgyver. These units don't have any special power, but they could get them. So are players with this power immune to thief by default? What about a zombie player with 6 units and 4 SCs. He can't replace his units, so are they immune too?

Zombies are not immune. Hopper can be rebuilt, so its allowed to be thieved. Insect/MacGyver units can be taken if they don't already have a special power...If they have gained a special power, then they can't be thieved.

Hopper - In VR3 hopper units could only jump to empty spaces. Has that requirement been dropped?

It must be empty...adjusted accordingly

asudevil
Premium Member

Re: Vain Rats 4 Looking for Players 1/7?

Postby Diadem » 16 May 2013, 15:56

attitudes wrote:Regarding Illusionist, is there a stipulation that the Illusionist cannot illusion his own units or are we going to be allowing the infamous Girion move?

What, by the way, is the Girion move?

asudevil wrote:
IRA - Are IRA attacks affected by Illusionist?

Unsure as to the question

I can't speak for whoever asked that question, but I guess they meant: "If illusionist swaps province A or B, and IRA attacks province A, does the attack happen in province A or B?".

Also, one minor thing that has bugged me since VR3: Can we change the name of Ameoba to Amoeba, please?
Draw in Diplomacy Stew 2, playing Italy
Winner Four Seasons, playing England
Draw in Layered, playing Yellow (Russia + Turkey)
Winner Shuffle, playing Turkey
Winner Vain Rats 4, playing France

... but first you must learn how to smile as you kill.
Diadem

Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (1001)
Timezone: GMT+1

PreviousNext

Return to Game 4