Chat Phase - What is it?

Miscellaneous information about using the site.

Chat Phase - What is it?

Postby BaronRichard » 29 Jan 2021, 02:56

So I've finished a few games, and after the cease-fire / draw is accepted, the button for "Ignore Chat Phase" appears.

I haven't been able to find anything (so far) that explains what the Chat Phase is, or how to access it.

Can anyone help out this n00b? :D
BaronRichard
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1019
All-game rating: 1022
Timezone: GMT

Re: Chat Phase - What is it?

Postby V » 29 Jan 2021, 03:07

After a game the participants can continue “chatting” in public press if desired.
All the “ignore” button does is prevent you making further posts in public press.
Platinum Classicist
Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished.
V

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1769)
All-game rating: (1827)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby BaronRichard » 29 Jan 2021, 05:28

Ah, that makes sense! Thanks!
BaronRichard
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1019
All-game rating: 1022

Postby Pops2112 » 29 Jan 2021, 07:45

I hesitate to disagree (slightly) with anything @V says about how the site works, but I thought the 'Ignore Chat Phase' button just deactivated notifications in relation to new message postings in your Finished Games. I did not think it stops you from posting further messages if there is any active post-game chat in the 'Shoutbox' (as the 'Public Press' becomes labelled when the game becomes a Finished Game). If I am right, the 'Ignore Chat Phase' button does nothing (I think) if, like me, you don't have notifications of in-game messaging activated.
Proud Oldie & Gold Classicist
Pops2112
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1069
All-game rating: 1066

Postby Pops2112 » 29 Jan 2021, 08:52

To test my previous answer, I just posted a Shoutbox message in my most recent Finished Game although I had previously clicked on 'Ignore Chat Phase', and it worked.
Pops2112
Premium Member

Postby V » 29 Jan 2021, 09:18

Pops2112 wrote:To test my previous answer, I just posted a Shoutbox message in my most recent Finished Game although I had previously clicked on 'Ignore Chat Phase', and it worked.

I just discovered I could as well! The facility to post in public press after a game seems to be time dependent because the older games don’t allow it, but a recent one did. I have no idea after what time it ceases to work.
Pops looks to be right in that it only influences notifications, which like him, I also don’t use. Good call.
Platinum Classicist
Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished.
V

Standard rating: (1769)
All-game rating: (1827)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby Pops2112 » 29 Jan 2021, 15:58

The plot thickens ...

Prompted by @V's further comment, I dug a little deeper and find that it is ONLY in my most recent Finished Game that I can still post anything in the Shoutbox. So it could be time, although my second most recent Finished Game only finished about 3 weeks ago, or it could perhaps be that for some reason it is a 'live' function for max. 1 game in which 'Ignore Chat Phase' has been clicked.

Updating the previous paragraph, my next two games to finish have now finished, and right now (6 Feb) I am able to post in the Shoutbox, after selecting 'Ignore Chat Phase', for both of them, so perhaps it is just a time-limited feature.
Pops2112
Premium Member

Return to Information