Suspicious activity, indeed

Miscellaneous information about using the site.

Suspicious activity, indeed

Postby georgekatkins » 24 Apr 2020, 23:44

Under the heading "Currently on the forum: of the Home Page is the link "Noticed anything suspicious?"

However, when you click on the topic, the site says "The requested topic does not exist." Now THAT is suspicious! :D
georgekatkins
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1046)
All-game rating: (1053)
Timezone: GMT-6

Re: Suspicious activity, indeed

Postby Custer » 25 Apr 2020, 00:27

Nuthin to see here.....

:?

Custer
First..........get off my lawn! Second........it's a dashing self portrait! Courtesy of The Craw. Third.....I am still SHIV, Keeper of the Stone Tablets! Go Pack! And behold the power of cheese! And one more thing. Say ya to da U.P. eh!
Custer
Premium Member

Location: Sailing somewhere in Da U.P. in Da Whitehawk and an original Yooper!
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1019
All-game rating: 1230
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby Groo » 25 Apr 2020, 01:30

DipideeDawg wrote:Under the heading "Currently on the forum: of the Home Page is the link "Noticed anything suspicious?"

However, when you click on the topic, the site says "The requested topic does not exist." Now THAT is suspicious! :D

Someone probably didn't read the rules and they threw some accusations with no proof. Mods delete posts like that. So, yeah. Nothing to see here.
"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need."

Cornubia in Heptarchy 14 - 3WD
Front Range in Emergence - 3WD
Holland in Colonial 7 - 3WD
House Baratheon in Diplomacy of Ice and Fire - Mad King SOLO
Mexico in WiTA 7 - stabbed to death
Thebes in Greek City States IV
Groo

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1612)
All-game rating: (1880)
Timezone: GMT

Postby ruffdove » 25 Apr 2020, 08:19

Mods also keep cheater and bug reports unreadable in cases of anonymous games.

I was recently in an anonymous game in which a bug allowed another player to read my messages and send messages from me and also to change my orders. When I reported it, the mod did the same thing with the message to protect the anonymous game, which ultimately got unranked and closed out in a 7-way draw anyway.
ruffdove

Standard rating: (1583)
All-game rating: (1597)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby WarSmith » 25 Apr 2020, 08:25

It’s a link to a post we haven’t allowed to be published (yet).
When someone posts in the cheater forum we have an opportunity to review it first (can impact gameplay etc if not), and then post it at an appropriate time, for example after we’ve done an investigation and/or redacted sensitive information in the post.
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth even has a chance to put its pants on”
WarSmith
Premium Member

Standard rating: (1754)
All-game rating: (1664)
Timezone: GMT+2

Postby Malarky » 25 Apr 2020, 18:47

On this type of Forum (and most types, frankly) posts in a section of the Forum can be held back from posting before they've been seen by forum admin/mods. I'd guess this is what is set-up for the Cheater's forum. Kinda makes sense, given that it's easy for an inaccurate or, frankly, disruptive post being seen.
Respect neither opinions nor beliefs; only respect the person and the right to express them.
Play by the rules but be ferocious.
The Playdiplomacy Guide
Across the Whole Board
Malarky
Premium Member

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (918)
All-game rating: (1029)
Timezone: GMT

Postby jimsmiths » 23 Jul 2020, 15:16

DipideeDawg wrote:Under the heading "Currently on the forum: of the Home Page is the link "Noticed anything suspicious?"

However, when you click on the topic, the site says "lil peep hair blonde The requested topic does not exist." Now THAT is suspicious! :D

In the United States, FinCEN requires a suspicious activity report in a few instances. ... If potential money laundering or violations of the BSA are detected, a report is required. Computer hacking and customers operating an unlicensed money services business also trigger an action.
jimsmiths

Return to Information