Login into the Forum

Miscellaneous information about using the site.

Login into the Forum

Postby DirtyHarry » 18 Aug 2018, 18:20

I don't know where else to post this question. Whenever I go to access Games, my browser remembers me and I rarely have to log in again. I can got straight into Games and continue with my devilish intentions. But it's opposite when I want to access the forum - I'm forced to log in every time. Is that something I can fix on my end? It just seems strange because it's the same website (I think?) ...
DirtyHarry
Premium Member

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: 1356
All-game rating: 1373
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Login into the Forum

Postby AKFD » 18 Aug 2018, 18:35

DirtyHarry wrote:I don't know where else to post this question. Whenever I go to access Games, my browser remembers me and I rarely have to log in again. I can got straight into Games and continue with my devilish intentions. But it's opposite when I want to access the forum - I'm forced to log in every time. Is that something I can fix on my end? It just seems strange because it's the same website (I think?) ...

I think you can change that in your account settings?
Silver Classicist!

Apparently "the biggest GoT fan" (@Pootleflump)

Have fun on this website. Signing off.
AKFD

Standard rating: 830
All-game rating: 764
Timezone: GMT+8

Postby super_dipsy » 18 Aug 2018, 19:24

It is cookies that do it.

First thing to check is whether you have clicked the box when you log into the forum that says 'log me in automatically each visit'.

Assuming you have, and it isn't working, try this.

Log out of the forum, log out of the wesbite. Then log back into the website and try switching to the forum on the Forum tab. Does that help?
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1000
All-game rating: 931
Timezone: GMT

Postby DirtyHarry » 21 Aug 2018, 03:35

Thanks Dipsy - clicking the "log me in automatically each visit" button fixed it. But it still kinda doesn't make sense because I was always already logged in ... :?
DirtyHarry
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1356
All-game rating: 1373
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby super_dipsy » 21 Aug 2018, 08:54

DirtyHarry wrote:Thanks Dipsy - clicking the "log me in automatically each visit" button fixed it. But it still kinda doesn't make sense because I was always already logged in ... :?

Phew, glad it is sorted.

I don't know how you got logged out on the forum, but once you go in through the phpbb (our forum product) login page (not ours, the one you use if you have to log into the forum software) then if you do not tick the 'log me in every time' box, the forum software overrides any cookies we have. Not unreasonable I suppose, since they are guarding their own security with their own log in. This SHOULD have been set when you logged in through our software the first time, but as I say once it got unset then unless you tell phpbb to keep it they will ignore anything from us.
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1000
All-game rating: 931
Timezone: GMT

Return to Information