"Orders" in red: what does it mean?

Miscellaneous information about using the site.

"Orders" in red: what does it mean?

Postby Si_rolf » 22 Nov 2017, 16:13

I noticed that my moves were executed after the deadline, although I didn't press "finalize orders". Is that a new feature?
Si_rolf
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1448
All-game rating: 1462
Timezone: GMT

Re: "Orders" in red: what does it mean?

Postby V » 22 Nov 2017, 16:21

“Finalise” just permits orders to execute before the deadline (if unanimously finalised).
Entered orders have always executed at deadline, finalised or not.
Orders “in red” just means you have not “refreshed” the orders to verify correct orders are in the database (i.e. no bugs).

Hope that helps with any confusion.

V
Platinum Classicist
Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished.
V

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1718)
All-game rating: (1754)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby Iggy » 22 Nov 2017, 19:14

I assume you mean in the map screen. I just noticed this today and don't recall seeing do that before. After playing a little it looks like it just "lights up" as you are making moves - kind of looks the same as when you have new messages when you are in the game screen. If you refresh the screen, it "goes away". If you make more moves or change existing ones, it lights back up again.

Not sure if that is new or I just never noticed before. If this is what you mean, it appears to simply indicate that something in the orders screen as changed since going into the map screen.
Iggy

Standard rating: (1187)
All-game rating: (1259)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Iggy » 22 Nov 2017, 19:15

Iggy wrote:I assume you mean in the map screen. I just noticed this today and don't recall seeing do that before. After playing a little it looks like it just "lights up" as you are making moves - kind of looks the same as when you have new messages when you are in the game screen. If you refresh the screen, it "goes away". If you make more moves or change existing ones, it lights back up again.

Not sure if that is new or I just never noticed before. If this is what you mean, it appears to simply indicate that something in the orders screen as changed since going into the map screen.

the finalize part of your post is answered above... kind of skimmed that part. I was just talking about the "orders in red" part of the post subject.
Iggy

Standard rating: (1187)
All-game rating: (1259)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Si_rolf » 22 Nov 2017, 23:28

The red is new, the finalize was there already - simply a case of mistaken causality
Si_rolf
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1448
All-game rating: 1462
Timezone: GMT

Return to Information