Retrieving Drafts?

Miscellaneous information about using the site.

Retrieving Drafts?

Postby lsfinn » 02 Jun 2020, 22:48

Greetings:
I hope this is the appropriate place to ask a question about site functioning; if it is not, please accept my apologies and let me know where to direct my question.

I am composing messages for my first PlayDiplomacy game. I have hit "Save Draft" on each, which I assume is working because the Message Centre window disappears. When I then go to "Open Draft", I find it opens with the last draft I was working on. I am unable to access any of the drafts of messages to other countries saved earlier.

I suspect I am simply confused about the expected behavior of the site's messaging functionality. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could enlighten me on how to use the sites messaging functionality: e.g., is it possible to compose several different drafts, to several different powers, simultaneously? If so, how does one access these different drafts?

Sincerely,

lsfinn
--
lsfinn
lsfinn

Timezone: MDT

Re: Retrieving Drafts?

Postby V » 03 Jun 2020, 00:00

Sadly, the system only allows the saving of one draft message. I assume every time you hit “save”, the previous message is overwritten & thereby lost. Sorry for lost work, I hope you enjoy your Diplomacy despite this misfortune,

Best Regards V
Platinum Classicist
Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished.
V

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1778
All-game rating: 1829
Timezone: GMT-7

Re: Retrieving Drafts?

Postby DipideeDawg » 03 Jun 2020, 06:11

I like to write negotiation drafts using Notepad or some equivalent text editor. You can later copy them into the Game edit window. With this, you can make as many drafts as you care to.
DipideeDawg
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1046)
All-game rating: (1053)
Timezone: GMT-6

Return to Information