Application - attempt two

If you wish yo join the Classicists group, post here.

Moderators: JonS, Buachaille, Fatmo

Application - attempt two

Postby Brumark » 19 Nov 2018, 20:42

So unfortunately my original application has sadly been overlooked, I think because of what appears to be a recent trend to verbose and witty posts the literary genius of which I can scarce comprehend let alone match - which unsurprisingly have hogged the limelight. Having played the game a while now I should have realised that of course the more engaging applications will win out. Also the moderators may have more interesting things to do with their lives than trawl the notice boards multiple times per day.

I cannot attest to how engaging this is but it is certainly more rambling, and longer - and surely more is better. I am tempted to make liberal use of the various buttons available to me when writing a post (font colour, URL, image) but given these are denied me in the main game messaging I feel this may be a trap which would immediately disqualify me but perhaps that is just the incredible and ever present sense of paranoia I have developed since taking this game up - I can no longer walk through a door held open for me without wondering if the holder will - at the very moment I try to step onto the threshold - slam the door on me whilst helping his buddy in through the window and stealing my desk.

Anyway I can convoy and know which sea lanes can be successfully navigated (albeit the logic of the later also escapes me) which according to other posts seems to be an issue for some other applicants and without wanting to be officious and bitter about by lack of being in the limelight clearly contradicts II.D of the constitution (experience) - everyone likes a bureaucratic know it all so I assume pointing this out will also earn me further marks.

I have noticed that it seems polity to copy in your stats so I will do so momentarily (this is from all ranked games - I have now made it to ten since my original application but the one extra was a loss so that's sad it will now be part of the permanent record of this post). I have been completely unable to show/find my stats on the all games including non-ranked to demonstrate the higher number I have been in that I think is possible. Never mind I shall stick to a silver application:

10 finished games
3 solo wins (30.00% solo rate)
4 draws (40.00% draw rate)
Longest streak of wins/draws (premium only) = 5
0 surrenders (rank games) (0.00% surrender rate)
0 surrenders (norank games) (0.00% surrender rate)
1180/1184 turns taken (99.66% consistency rate)

Well I hope this has done it and I hope to meet you all across the diplomacy board

Brumark
Brumark

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1709)
All-game rating: (1866)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Application - attempt two

Postby Zosimus » 19 Nov 2018, 21:13

I approve your application. You truly have class.
Be more aggressive.
Zosimus

Standard rating: (1632)
All-game rating: (1665)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Fatmo » 19 Nov 2018, 21:30

Sorry about that. I'm the only active classicist mod and the last couple weeks have been crazy on multiple fronts. There's a handful of other applications I need to process as well.

I'll try to get to this later today when I'm back home with my computer.

I always manually look through every applicant's finished games to count the unranked ones. There isn't an easier way. If you qualify for gold I'll admit you as gold.
You don't know what I'm thinking...because I don't know what I'm doing.

Conq wrote:Fatmo — you are a relentless mountain stream, ever-flowing, slowly but surely carving away at the rock face below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjEgjTfcEJk
Fatmo

Standard rating: (1089)
All-game rating: (1050)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Don Juan of Austria » 19 Nov 2018, 22:37

Woohoo! :D
"In everything, moderation". ~Aristotle
A proud member of the Whippersnappers,
Bronze Classicists,
Lancer in the PBF cavalry.

Mild Hiatus.
Don Juan of Austria
Premium Member

Standard rating: (1051)
All-game rating: (1148)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Fatmo » 20 Nov 2018, 10:17

Obviously you qualify. Turns out I never got home today. Will make you official tomorrow.

Conq wrote:Fatmo — you are a relentless mountain stream, ever-flowing, slowly but surely carving away at the rock face below.

Fatmo

Postby Fatmo » 21 Nov 2018, 00:23

You've finished 21 rank and no-rank games with a low enough amount of NMRs to go to gold.

I'll add you as a gold member.

Fatmo

Postby Brumark » 21 Nov 2018, 22:07

@Fatmo

Thank yo very much. I do hugely appreciate you efforts to keep this group running. So I bear you only gratitude and no ill feeling at all for missing me originally.

Tally Ho!

Brumark
Brumark

Standard rating: (1709)
All-game rating: (1866)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Fatmo » 22 Nov 2018, 06:35

Awww thanks man. I really wanted to help people to be able to play in good games in a club they qualify for. Last few weeks have been crazy from multiple fronts and haven’t been able to do the bare bones maintenance here. Glad to admit you.

Fatmo

Return to Applications