Classicists Bronze Application.

If you wish yo join the Classicists group, post here.

Moderators: JonS, Buachaille, Fatmo

Classicists Bronze Application.

Postby Rotsu » 10 Apr 2018, 08:58

Bronze requires a - 90% consistency - I have a 99.71 consistancey, and have only NMRed once!
Complete 5 games - I have completed 7! (Eight, I guess but I just lost in that one, it might be awhile before it fully posts)
No unjustified surrenders in past 5 games. - I have never surrendered, I never plan to unless the game becomes unbearable for some reason (Days too long/short etc)
No sanction from the site admin for site rule violation within the last 2 months. - Never had one, never plan to have one.

I'll apply for silver sooner or later, probably sooner ^_^.
Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid.
Franklin P. Jones
Rotsu

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1030)
All-game rating: (1040)
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: Classicists Bronze Application.

Postby sinnybee » 10 Apr 2018, 18:33

Rotsu wrote:Bronze requires a - 90% consistency - I have a 99.71 consistancey, and have only NMRed once!
Complete 5 games - I have completed 7! (Eight, I guess but I just lost in that one, it might be awhile before it fully posts)
No unjustified surrenders in past 5 games. - I have never surrendered, I never plan to unless the game becomes unbearable for some reason (Days too long/short etc)
No sanction from the site admin for site rule violation within the last 2 months. - Never had one, never plan to have one.

I'll apply for silver sooner or later, probably sooner ^_^.

Norank games count, so you have completed 8, plus whatever is about to be added to your finished game count.
Don't join a game that has too long/short of deadlines for you and if you think that a game is about to become unbearable, start considering or finding a substitute :). That way, you shouldn't have to surrender except in the case of some emergencies.
Great job on your stats! :)
Gold Classicist since 1-11-11
FT Asst GM of 35 player WWIV Aug 2011-Feb 2012
#1 ranked player of playdip early 2013
4th highest forum karma count at Apr 2013 ending (behind Craw, Dipsy, and Rick)
Tournament Director of the 31 game PDVT Feb-Dec 2014, the first playdip tourney with over 100 sign-ups
sinnybee

Standard rating: (1332)
All-game rating: (1467)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby NJLonghorn » 13 Apr 2018, 20:41

Rotsu wrote:I have never surrendered, I never plan to unless the game becomes unbearable for some reason

The underlined clause is contrary to the Classicists ideals. If you can't say "I have never surrendered, I never plan to" without qualification, you shouldn't apply.

This is not to say that an unplanned future surrender may be justified. Real life sometimes gets in the way of what is, after all, just a game. But the reasons you give for a potential surrender would not be valid ones. If you are stuck in a game you don't want to be in, tough. Finish it.
Classicists, Aspiring Bronze Silver Gold Bronze Member
I have never surrendered and never NMR'd, and hope to keep that alive. Never mind, the perfect run has come to an end. Dammit, DAMMIT, DAMMIT.
NJLonghorn

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1171)
All-game rating: (1439)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Rotsu » 14 Apr 2018, 00:30

Allow me to clarify what I mean bu that then. The only reason I would surrender is if I literally had no way of keeping up with the game . In my last aar I even stated I hated that game, I still finished it, regaurdless of that fact. I didn’t preform optimally I admit but I finished. I don’t give up - unless I have to.
Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid.
Franklin P. Jones
Rotsu

Standard rating: (1030)
All-game rating: (1040)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby sinnybee » 14 Apr 2018, 19:34

NJLonghorn wrote:If you are stuck in a game you don't want to be in, tough. Finish it.

OR what I said--it is perfectly acceptable as a Classicist to get a substitute.
Gold Classicist since 1-11-11
FT Asst GM of 35 player WWIV Aug 2011-Feb 2012
#1 ranked player of playdip early 2013
4th highest forum karma count at Apr 2013 ending (behind Craw, Dipsy, and Rick)
Tournament Director of the 31 game PDVT Feb-Dec 2014, the first playdip tourney with over 100 sign-ups
sinnybee

Standard rating: (1332)
All-game rating: (1467)

Postby JonS » 20 Apr 2018, 22:50

You are now at 10 rank/unrank games completed, so welcome to the Classicists right at Silver!
“Find an ally who will die for you, and see that he does just that.”
The immortal Richard Sharp

Platinum Member of the Classicists Club
House Tyrell in Diplomacy of Ice and Fire
JonS

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1557)
All-game rating: (1606)

Return to Applications