Membership Application

If you wish yo join the Classicists group, post here.

Moderators: Fatmo, Buachaille, JonS

Membership Application

Postby mff11d7 » 12 Mar 2019, 21:44

I'm a non-premium member at the moment so I cannot confirm my status correctly.

I have 8 finished games with one surrender, I don't know about NMR's although none in my recent games, but I am pretty sure I had a few when I started. If it only considers ranked games I have 2 with 1 more in progress and 1 more pending which should make me an ambassador soon. Hopefully a Star Ambassador and a Silver member in a few months.

The Surrender was actually my most recent game. It was a friends game that I set up for some people I knew that was set to be anonymous. A player revealed which country they were and then got fed up with the game and purposefully collapsed their lines to throw the game. At that point I surrender as I was dead and I really didn't want to play in a game that had been completely titled by a salty player. I don't know if that is justified in the classicist eyes. And if not I will re-apply once I have played 5 new games. I have one in the works and another pending which should give me ambassador status. Hopefully meaning I can be a Star Ambassador and a Silver member here soon :)

Thanks for the consideration.
mff11d7

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: 1023
All-game rating: 1026
Timezone: GMT

Re: Membership Application

Postby willie23 » 12 Mar 2019, 22:18

Active games: 1
Pending games: 1

2 finished games
0 solo wins (0.00% solo rate)
1 draws (50.00% draw rate)
Longest streak of wins/draws (premium only) = 0
0 surrenders (rank games) (0.00% surrender rate)
1 surrenders (norank games) (14.29% surrender rate)
293/305 turns taken (96.07% consistency rate)

Here is your info mff11d7. Me and you currently have the same rank! 1023 I believe.
“Always mystify, mislead, and surprise the enemy, if possible;”— General T. J. Jackson

Bronze Member of the Classicists
Member of the Whippersnappers.
United Republic of New Texas In CYOC
Check out the PlayDip Historical Society!
willie23
Premium Member

Location: Lordsburg, New Mexico, USA (Right on Interstate-10)
All-game rating: 1017
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby mff11d7 » 12 Mar 2019, 22:49

Oh, Thanks for the details. While I have that ranking I don't have the true experience to back in. Only 2 ranked games with another one on the way. Need to balance out and I will likely fall off a bit more.

I don't remember a surrender in a norank besides the recent one and have no clue how to look it up. But that NMR rate :( I didn't realize I had been so bad historically. I have been very careful not to NMR in recent games. Looks like I may need some more games before I can reapply. Looking at the requirments it says no more than 5 NMR's in the last five games to get probationary status and 90% for bronze. I will attempt to fill both or either of those in my next few games. I am pretty sure I had no NMR in my last game and I have none in my current one, but that is only 3 turns in.

Thanks for the help Willie! I'll look at reapplying in a couple more games when I can hopefully make Bronze right off the bat.
mff11d7

Postby Shyvve » 15 Mar 2019, 03:34

mff11d7,

You have completed a total of 11 games. 9 of those are Rank/NoRank and 2 Friends games (which don't count towards eligibility criteria).
Your most recent surrender was in Game# 126605, a NoRank game. Since then, you have completed two additional R/NR games.
You will need to complete two more R/NR games for Aspiring. Or three more R/NR for Bronze.

So, do that, and you'll be good to go!
An Oldie and Gold Classicist
Shyvve
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1281
All-game rating: 1307
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby mff11d7 » 15 Mar 2019, 04:32

@shyvve

Thanks for the info. I will reach back out when I have finished said games.

Thanks
mff11d7

Return to Applications