Test Game for Auto Surrenders - FULL

Advertise new games, look for games to join, find subs or replacements. This subforum is reserved for games on www.playdiplomacy.com.
Please use Offsite Game Recruitment for games unaffiliated with either PlayDiplomacy or the PlayDiplomacy forums.

Moderator: NoPunIn10Did

Forum rules
To join a game listed here (unless it needs a password) just go to "Join Games" and input the information.
If you are advertising any game with Anonymous Players (including Gunboat and PPO) you should use the Dolph Shtoss account using the password anonymous. DO NOT CHANGE THIS PASSWORD.
When advertising for replacement players please make it clear whether permanent replacement or temporary substitute
- adverts should not tell a substitute what actions you want them to take (posts will be subject to editing);
- adverts MUST NOT offer an incentive to join the game (eg. a specific alliance) OR suggest certain actions when joining a game (posts will be subject to editing or removal and posters warned).
These are considered meta-gaming by using the Forum to influence a game.

Test Game for Auto Surrenders - FULL

Postby rick.leeds » 08 Sep 2009, 16:28

As some of you will know, I've been trying to test out how and when automatic surrenders come about (see: http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8243). I tried this on the Beta Site with test accounts but I'm not convinced by the results so I'd like to run a test game on this site. What I want to test is:

1. How many consecutive NMRs it takes before a country is automatically surrendered. This country will be England.
2. How many it takes for Russia to be surrendered. This is because, on one occasion, Russia MAY HAVE needed 4 NMRs to surrender.
3. Do NMRs need to be consecutive? This will need a country to move every Spring term but miss every Fall term. This will be Turkey.
4. Does putting in Retreats and Build orders break up the NMR sequence? This will mean ONLY inputting Retreats/Destroys.This country will be Austria.
5. Does inputting orders subsequently affect the automatic surrender? This will require a country to order throughout 1901, including Build phase, then subsequently completely NMRing. This country will be France. (see by rick.leeds on 09 Sep 2009, 14:46 in this thread)

I will also need a control country which will be Italy, as Italy can take Austrian centres fairly easily.

Obviously I'm going to need 6 other people to volunteer for this. Germany will be unplayed so if you join as Germany you will surrender immediately the game starts. England and Russia will never input any orders. This leaves Italy, Austria, France and Turkey as the only countries requiring any form of movement. I will be Italy as it requires the biggest commitment. Of the countries from whom orders would be needed: Turkey could simply issue one hold order each Spring, Austria would only have to follow any Retreat/Destroy orders and France would issue a movement order in Spring and a build order in that phase of the Fall orders.

The game will obviously be NO RANK. It will be PASSWORDED to prevent any interference and you will be PMed the password. I want the game to pass as quickly as possible - 3 years should be enough but I anticipate 4 or 5 for safety. I would like to have deadlines set at 12-12-12 but will probably set them as 24-24-24 to make sure the needed moves are met. I did consider making it Live but as it is difficult enough getting people to play live games anyway, decided against it. If, however, we can organise a live game that would be great; I just don't want to have people sat around, having to wait for deadlines to pass (we can't finalise as this would possibly be read as a received order). There would be no need for any diplomacy in the game, except I would send in-game messages on what I want you to do, if necessary.

If you're interested in helping out, reply to this thread. Give the country you would be prepared to play, if you have a preference. If you want to commit to a live game, let me know. When we have enough players I will send the password.

Oh and if a Mod could give us the go ahead for this, that would be great ;)

Cheers.

1. Austria connect4
2. England Banditkills
3. France Pedros
4. Germany jaelis
5. Italy - rick.leeds
6. Russia waveforce
7. Turkey TheCraw
Last edited by rick.leeds on 09 Sep 2009, 15:55, edited 10 times in total.
World Diplomacy Forum.
Online Resources editor at the Diplomatic Pouch.
Don't let the stepladder get you. Watch where you're stepping. ANY step could be a doozy.
rick.leeds
Site Admin
Site Admin

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1158)
All-game rating: (1070)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Test Game for Auto Surrenders

Postby waveforce » 08 Sep 2009, 16:35

Ill help out wherever you need me. Depending on when, obviously, I could do a live game too.
waveforce

All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby rick.leeds » 08 Sep 2009, 16:47

Thanks for that, waveforce. I'll let you know when, where and how ;)
World Diplomacy Forum.
Don't let the stepladder get you. Watch where you're stepping. ANY step could be a doozy.
rick.leeds
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby connect4 » 08 Sep 2009, 16:58

I doubt I'll ever be around for a live game, but if you need a fill-in (especially as it's no rank), I don't mind.
connect4

Standard rating: (1042)
All-game rating: (1012)

Postby nickjb3 » 08 Sep 2009, 17:05

If the game is not live I would be willing to play any country that is left.
nickjb3

All-game rating: 4936

Postby rick.leeds » 08 Sep 2009, 17:17

Yeah it looks like Live isn't likely. Thanks to connect4 and nickjb3. Beginning to fall into place.

Check your assignments and let me know if you want to change (you all sound pretty flexible ;) ).

Just need three surrenderers now, if waveforce, connect4 and nickjb3 agree to their assignments.
Last edited by rick.leeds on 08 Sep 2009, 17:23, edited 1 time in total.
World Diplomacy Forum.
rick.leeds
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Test Game for Auto Surrenders - 3 vols needed

Postby Banditkills » 08 Sep 2009, 17:22

Sign me up, I do which every country you want. Just pm me the exact details of what you want done with what ever assign country you give me. (Or not done, which look more like the case. :lol: )
The impossible, what can not be done; until someone does.
Banditkills

All-game rating: (1000)

Re: Test Game for Auto Surrenders - 3 vols needed

Postby rick.leeds » 08 Sep 2009, 17:24

Thanks Banditkills. Assuming everyone else is happy, it'll be a surrendering country.
World Diplomacy Forum.
rick.leeds
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Test Game for Auto Surrenders - 2 vols needed

Postby nickjb3 » 08 Sep 2009, 17:26

I am willing to play as Turkey.
nickjb3

All-game rating: 4936

Re: Test Game for Auto Surrenders - 2 vols needed

Postby Pedros » 08 Sep 2009, 17:41

Hi Rick - France
"Sooner or later, one of us will stab the other. But for now we're both better off as allies" (kininvie)
Pedros

Location: Somewhere full of gorse and brambles, West Cornwall
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1085)
All-game rating: (1314)

Next

Return to Find A Game