Big Gun Invitational - HUGE CASH!!!!!

Advertise new games, look for games to join, find subs or replacements. This subforum is reserved for games on www.playdiplomacy.com.
Please use Offsite Game Recruitment for games unaffiliated with either PlayDiplomacy or the PlayDiplomacy forums.

Moderator: NoPunIn10Did

Forum rules
To join a game listed here (unless it needs a password) just go to "Join Games" and input the information.
If you are advertising any game with Anonymous Players (including Gunboat and PPO) you should use the Dolph Shtoss account using the password anonymous. DO NOT CHANGE THIS PASSWORD.
When advertising for replacement players please make it clear whether permanent replacement or temporary substitute
- adverts should not tell a substitute what actions you want them to take (posts will be subject to editing);
- adverts MUST NOT offer an incentive to join the game (eg. a specific alliance) OR suggest certain actions when joining a game (posts will be subject to editing or removal and posters warned).
These are considered meta-gaming by using the Forum to influence a game.

Big Gun Invitational - HUGE CASH!!!!!

Postby Josey Wales » 18 Apr 2021, 08:05

Greetings all,

Who amongst us haven't thought about knocking off a top player??!?! Conq, pshaw!! GSMW Phhhhhttttt!!! They only play in a game where they control 3 out of the other 6 players. Darth Wader ,HAHAHHAAA, just go home you hyena.

Want to measure up against a player that takes all comers (well almost)? BIG GUN. Yes, I will say it again BIG GUN!!!!!! Ranked as high as, well if you have to ask, then you are f*ing blind as he was above the fold on the site!!!!!!! For the Philistines amongst us, that means Big Gun is in the top 5. Not cherry picking games as the other "high ranked" players tend to do, pushed him down a notch from being #1!!

As an aside, Big Gun plays games where a solo would bump him about the level of Lindsay Lohan downing shots at the Viper Room ... in other words, he goes in know a solo is +20 (maybe) and a loss is (-134) ... suck that CONQ! Suck my big hairy banana?

I, Josey Wales, will be buying a lotto ticket for every phase of the game. if we hit then we all share. I will post the ticket in a thread. No ticket, no love ... just in case I have an accident going to buy a ticket.

So, you think you can survive a Big Gun SPECIAL, if you think you can kick GSMX's ass, see below, then well now there buttercup ----> Versailles, 48/12/12 Build were ever you f*ing want .... oh and did I mention SOLO-ONLY!!!!!!!!

PM Me or Big Gun and we will separate the wheat from the chaff and let the games begin.

Josey Wales

PS. GSMX, come and play a real game. Join this one. Conq, welcome as well if you think you can beat me or Big Gun .... PWAKKKK PUK PUK PWAAAAK (chicken sounds)

PPS Game wil be Versailles, Big Gun's specialty. He is the premier player on this particualr map so why make it easy. Even CONQ won't play Big Gun on Versailles in an open invite .... do I hear the chickens???? Why yes I do.

PPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS: THIS GAME WILL BE RANKED ........ Did I hear a sound, why yes I did, I heard the collective soiling of the pants for those thinking of playing this game.
Last edited by Josey Wales on 18 Apr 2021, 10:34, edited 1 time in total.
If you are gonna fight, then fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's ark … and brother, it just started to rain

Platinum Classicist, Certified SPAM ABASSADOR, with a STAR
Josey Wales
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 990
All-game rating: 1135
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: Big Gun Invitational - HUGE CASH!!!!!

Postby AardvarkArmy » 18 Apr 2021, 10:21

I'm mildly mystified... why doesn't Big Gun speak for himself for these invitationals?

Josey Wales is like John the Baptist, blazing the trail for the vastly greater messiah...

:roll: :mrgreen:
SOLOS
ICE&FIRE.1-Martell/EXCALIBUR.1-Angles/EXCALIBUR.2-Scots/EMERALD-Sno/MOD.4-Italy/SENGOKU.1-OdaNobu/S.AMERICA.1-Peru

DRAWS
1930-China/BattleIsleA-Winterfell/S&S-Turkey/WORLD INFL-Venezuela/LECRAE-Dublin/WWIV.2-Cali/IMPERIAL1861.1-Trky/YNGSTWN.1-Grmny/AMERICAS.2-Mex/AFRICAN.2-S.Arabia
AardvarkArmy
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1066
All-game rating: 1418

Postby Josey Wales » 18 Apr 2021, 10:31

AA only thing you are mildly anything is "shooting off in your pants.'

Join and prove me wrong you "Sticky Salami"

WOOHOO
If you are gonna fight, then fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's ark … and brother, it just started to rain

Platinum Classicist, Certified SPAM ABASSADOR, with a STAR
Josey Wales
Premium Member

Standard rating: 990

Postby AardvarkArmy » 18 Apr 2021, 10:40

Well that got weird in a hurry. Maybe someone's had a few too many Foster's before sitting down to post?
SOLOS
ICE&FIRE.1-Martell/EXCALIBUR.1-Angles/EXCALIBUR.2-Scots/EMERALD-Sno/MOD.4-Italy/SENGOKU.1-OdaNobu/S.AMERICA.1-Peru

DRAWS
1930-China/BattleIsleA-Winterfell/S&S-Turkey/WORLD INFL-Venezuela/LECRAE-Dublin/WWIV.2-Cali/IMPERIAL1861.1-Trky/YNGSTWN.1-Grmny/AMERICAS.2-Mex/AFRICAN.2-S.Arabia
AardvarkArmy
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1066
All-game rating: 1418

Postby Custer » 18 Apr 2021, 15:33

I'd kick all your arses like I always do......but alas I can't do the 12 hour thing. So you're lucky I'm letting you off the hook......this time.

:twisted:

Custer
First..........get off my lawn! Second........it's a dashing self portrait! Courtesy of The Craw. Third.....I am still SHIV, Keeper of the Stone Tablets! Go Pack! And behold the power of cheese! And one more thing. Say ya to da U.P. eh!
Custer
Premium Member

Location: Sailing somewhere in Da U.P. in Da Whitehawk and an original Yooper!
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 995
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby FloridaMan » 18 Apr 2021, 17:02

Josey Wales wrote:So, you think you can survive a Big Gun SPECIAL, if you think you can kick GSMX's ass, see below, then well now there buttercup ----> Versailles, 48/12/12 Build were ever you f*ing want .... oh and did I mention SOLO-ONLY!!!!!!!!

[...]

PPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS: THIS GAME WILL BE RANKED ........ Did I hear a sound, why yes I did, I heard the collective soiling of the pants for those thinking of playing this game.

So, this sounds very exciting, but solo-only (which is called "no draws allowed" in settings) is still only available for unranked games, unless the site changes that immediately.
Check Out My Diplomacy YouTube Channel!
Or My Diplomacy Blog
Or Patreon

"Our blades are sharp."
~ Words of House Bolton, A Song of Ice and Fire

Tied for 10th Position in the 2020 Liberty Cup
FloridaMan
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1671
All-game rating: 1683
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby UM85 » 18 Apr 2021, 19:32

FloridaMan wrote:So, this sounds very exciting, but solo-only (which is called "no draws allowed" in settings) is still only available for unranked games, unless the site changes that immediately.

Forget it, he's rolling.
UM85

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1316)
All-game rating: (1318)

Postby Custer » 19 Apr 2021, 01:25

Roooooooooooooolllllllllllllllllll another one...........just like the other one........you've been hanging onto it.........

Who sings that?

Custer
First..........get off my lawn! Second........it's a dashing self portrait! Courtesy of The Craw. Third.....I am still SHIV, Keeper of the Stone Tablets! Go Pack! And behold the power of cheese! And one more thing. Say ya to da U.P. eh!
Custer
Premium Member

Postby UM85 » 20 Apr 2021, 00:54

C'mon Custer. You need to get in this once-in-a-lifetime game. Take, for example, this Initial correspondence from Josie to Big Gun in the game:

Hi Big Gun,

It's me, JW. (Do you like the initials, makes me feel like an outlaw!) We're in the game now. Isn't that great?!? You'll show them now who's best. While you're ranked 39th on the site, you're really #1. I know it and ... I know it. I have a great idea, let's be allies! No one will suspect it. You're so good at this game, you just tell me where to move and I'll do it. No moves could be better. I'm your guy <3.

Write back soon. I'll be hitting refresh waiting for your reply.

Your outlaw,
JW
UM85

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1316)
All-game rating: (1318)

Postby Custer » 20 Apr 2021, 14:31

I sure would but I don't know how you can do 12 hrs? I'd be missing either the retreat or the build every other year. Well, maybe not the build, probably a destroy....LoL

:P

Custer
Custer
Premium Member

Next

Return to Find A Game