Chatty Kathy Series Signups

Advertise new games, look for games to join, find subs or replacements. This subforum is reserved for games on www.playdiplomacy.com.
Please use Offsite Game Recruitment for games unaffiliated with either PlayDiplomacy or the PlayDiplomacy forums.

Moderator: NoPunIn10Did

Forum rules
To join a game listed here (unless it needs a password) just go to "Join Games" and input the information.
If you are advertising any game with Anonymous Players (including Gunboat and PPO) you should use the Dolph Shtoss account using the password anonymous. DO NOT CHANGE THIS PASSWORD.
When advertising for replacement players please make it clear whether permanent replacement or temporary substitute
- adverts should not tell a substitute what actions you want them to take (posts will be subject to editing);
- adverts MUST NOT offer an incentive to join the game (eg. a specific alliance) OR suggest certain actions when joining a game (posts will be subject to editing or removal and posters warned).
These are considered meta-gaming by using the Forum to influence a game.

Replacement for game 3

Straight 1900
36%
Straight Versailles
23%
FoW 1900
14%
FoW Versailles
23%
Other (please say what in a comment or pm)
5%

Total votes : 22

Chatty Kathy Series Signups

Postby nanooktheeskimo » 04 Mar 2015, 05:55

Eligibility and rules here

Having decided to dub this series the "Chatty Kathy" series (Chatty Cathy, for those of you that like alliteration, or Khatty Kathy for those of you who enjoy illiteracy), it's finally time to officially open up signups. I'll keep this page updated with games in progress, games finished, games open for sign ups, as well as a suggestion box of sorts for what game to open next. Leave a comment or pm me indicating which game you'd like to sign up for, and/or any changes in setting you'd like to see or variants you'd like to see offered. All settings are tentative, and subject to change before creation upon agreement by participants.

Currently open for signups:
Game 1, name TBD. Details:
Premium not required. Standard map, 3/1/1 deadlines. Secret ballot, non-DIAS draws. Tentatively ranked.

Roster:
Lucifers-Hammer

Game 2, name TBD. Details:
Premium required. Puredip, standard map, anonymous countries. 24/24/24 deadlines. Secret ballot, non-DIAS draws. Tentatively ranked.

Roster:
bbbumpy
Lucifers-Hammer
riskybiscuits
Jack007
nanooktheeskimo

Game 3, name TBD. Details:
Premium required. Standard Versailles map. Anonymous countries optional. 3/1/1 deadlines. Secret ballot, DIAS draws. Tentatively ranked.

Roster:
Lucifers-Hammer
riskybiscuits
ferdy0
Ceasars Geezers

Finished Games (League Table here):
Game number 99178, You're bothering me man, you're really bothering me! (lecrae solo)

Games in Progress:
Game number 105317, Burning Down the House

I expect having two or three options available will be the norm (and by expect, I mean hope and pray), and it's somewhere to start from if nothing else. I'll keep this page updated as sign-ups hopefully roll in. Please indicate when signing up which game you are interested in, and any strong preferences you may have as well. Also please keep in mind that this is designed to cater to as many people as possible, so somewhat more obscure or less popular combinations might be put on the back burner, but I'm committed to seeing as many people as possible get the game they're looking for.
Last edited by nanooktheeskimo on 12 Sep 2015, 00:27, edited 38 times in total.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

I am your (co-) Leader.

GM of WitA 7, WitA 8.

Come play face to face!

Need a forum game GM'ed? PM me!

Mod (but I'm normally not talking as one)
nanooktheeskimo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1209
All-game rating: 1389
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Chatty Kathy Series Signups

Postby socratease » 04 Mar 2015, 07:26

I can't yet, but am VERY keen to join when able. Something ranked but NOT anonymous, preferably Winter 1900 (never played that one yet). Fog of War is FUN and you're so right about the intensified communication required - can't imagine why in the world it isn't included in PureDip! - but a visible board is just great too.

I understand nanook has some yellow snow on hand for any fur trappers in winter 1900 games... but no $h*t Happens!

...and my name ain't Baby, (or Cathy), it's MISS Janet if you're nasty!
socratease

Standard rating: (1715)
All-game rating: (1958)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby nanooktheeskimo » 04 Mar 2015, 08:38

socratease wrote:I can't yet, but am VERY keen to join when able. Something ranked but NOT anonymous, preferably Winter 1900 (never played that one yet). Fog of War is FUN and you're so right about the intensified communication required - can't imagine why in the world it isn't included in PureDip! - but a visible board is just great too.

I understand nanook has some yellow snow on hand for any fur trappers in winter 1900 games... but no $h*t Happens!

...and my name ain't Baby, (or Cathy), it's MISS Janet if you're nasty!

I like the way you think. Now I'm really looking forward to the time we eventually get to play together, whether in one of these or somewhere else. Though I will say, I'm not nearly as good in game, so don't get your hopes up!

Or do and be ready for them to be dashed. I'm good with that too, if you prefer to do that. They are your hopes, after all ;)
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

I am your (co-) Leader.

GM of WitA 7, WitA 8.

Come play face to face!

nanooktheeskimo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby socratease » 04 Mar 2015, 09:02

nanooktheeskimo wrote:I like the way you think.

That reminds of the tale...

Teacher says to the class, "okay, now we're going to play a game." "Yay!" says the class.

"This is a learning game," says Teacher, "where you guess about something based on a clue. Ready?" "Yay!" says the class.

"Okay, I've got something round and white and used to play a game in my pocket, what is it?"
"Call on me, Teach, call on me!" shouted Dirty Johnny. The Teacher tactfully waited until another student raised his hand.
"It's a baseball!" shouts Bobby when she gave him the nod.
"Nooo, it's a Golf Ball, but good try, Bobby, good try, I like the way you're thinking!"

Next, the teacher said, "I've got something in my other pocket, it's round and red and good to eat, what is it?"

"Call on me, Teach, call on me!" shouted Dirty Johnny... but the teacher called on little Mary.

"It's a tomato," cried Mary. "Nooo, it's a cherry, but it shows how you're thinking, and I like the way you're thinking!" said the Teacher.

"Hey TEACHER!" shouted Johnny. "Yes, Johnny, what is it?" she patiently replied.
"Well, I'm holding something long and hard under my desk, and it's got a Pink Tip on the end. What is it?"

"Johnny, really!" exclaimed the distraught teacher.

"Noooo, it's a pencil! But it shows what you're thinking, and I like the way you're thinking!"
socratease

Standard rating: (1715)
All-game rating: (1958)

Postby lecrae » 04 Mar 2015, 13:54

I'd love to sign up for game one!
lecrae

Standard rating: (1282)
All-game rating: (1292)

Postby jakofipa » 04 Mar 2015, 14:06

If be interested in game 3, or game 2 if it had longer deadlines (2/1/1 or 3/1/1).

Also would definitely want a FoW game!
Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Bronze member of the Classicist club
Member of the Students club
jakofipa

Standard rating: (961)
All-game rating: (1030)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Otherwise » 04 Mar 2015, 17:26

Game two for me! What is the icon set? We may also have an informal poll regarding fav/NOT fav icons.

I prefer the standard ones that are ridiculously anachronistic for 1901- The ones with a little guy in a modern helmet, with an apparently fully automatic weapon.

And the fleets have apparent radar and radio masts.

But I love that set.

Don't love the cannons and sloops, don't even wanna talk about the critters one.

But I'm not PICKY, just particular ;)

P.S. This thread could go on awhile, as we settle into agreed-upon maps/variants/icons, etc. No prob. Quality takes time!

-Bbbumpy

P.P.S. And standard map for me, everything standard, plain vanilla.
Otherwise

Standard rating: (1118)
All-game rating: (1142)

Postby nanooktheeskimo » 04 Mar 2015, 20:34

lecrae wrote:I'd love to sign up for game one!

Done

jakofipa wrote:If be interested in game 3, or game 2 if it had longer deadlines (2/1/1 or 3/1/1).

Also would definitely want a FoW game!

FoW is next or second to next on my list, and I have you down for game three now. If you'd rather play in game one, that has longer deadlines, or if it's an anon issue then perhaps you can convince the players of game two, whenever it fills, to play longer deadlines? That risks getting stuck with eitehr playing the shorter deadlines or backing out and disappointing six other players though. Until/unless I hear differently, than I'll put you down for game three only.

Bbbumpy wrote:Game two for me! What is the icon set? We may also have an informal poll regarding fav/NOT fav icons.

I figure that's something we'll decide once seven players are signed up!

Bbbumpy wrote:P.S. This thread could go on awhile, as we settle into agreed-upon maps/variants/icons, etc. No prob. Quality takes time!

This thread could, and hopefully does, go on for a while. It's hard to get seven players, especially seven talkative players, all together to play, let alone agree on what and how they're going to play. It takes time. But with some luck, this'll help streamline the process. That's also why there's three games offered at once, so that hopefully there's something for everyone available.

You're signed up for game 2 as of now, bumpy.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

I am your (co-) Leader.

GM of WitA 7, WitA 8.

Come play face to face!

nanooktheeskimo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby riskybiscuits » 05 Mar 2015, 00:44

Game 1 sounds good to me if that's cool... I'm non premium and currently in 3 games but I'm almost done in one of them. And Nanook, I'm currently against you in another game so hopefully you find me sufficiently talkative!
Risky
riskybiscuits

All-game rating: (1517)
Timezone: GMT

Postby I Love Italy » 05 Mar 2015, 02:04

Not signing up now, but marking for future reference.
I have special eyes.
I Love Italy

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1041)
All-game rating: (1059)
Timezone: GMT-8

Next

Return to Find A Game