Hello

Advertise new games, look for games to join, find subs or replacements. This subforum is reserved for games on www.playdiplomacy.com.
Please use Offsite Game Recruitment for games unaffiliated with either PlayDiplomacy or the PlayDiplomacy forums.

Moderator: NoPunIn10Did

Forum rules
To join a game listed here (unless it needs a password) just go to "Join Games" and input the information.
If you are advertising any game with Anonymous Players (including Gunboat and PPO) you should use the Dolph Shtoss account using the password anonymous. DO NOT CHANGE THIS PASSWORD.
When advertising for replacement players please make it clear whether permanent replacement or temporary substitute
- adverts should not tell a substitute what actions you want them to take (posts will be subject to editing);
- adverts MUST NOT offer an incentive to join the game (eg. a specific alliance) OR suggest certain actions when joining a game (posts will be subject to editing or removal and posters warned).
These are considered meta-gaming by using the Forum to influence a game.

Hello

Postby mjparrett » 26 Mar 2020, 01:23

Hello. After a break of who knows how long, I thought I'd dip my toe back in. Let's be honest, the world is going slightly mad out there (I hope everyone is safe and well), and its things like this game that I'm hoping will alleviate my boredom while the UK is on lockdown. Don't know if anyone remembers me, but if they do (with any form of fondness!) and are trying to start a game up then send me a message and I'll join.

M
mjparrett

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1488
All-game rating: 1524
Timezone: GMT

Re: Hello

Postby V » 26 Mar 2020, 01:39

mjparrett wrote:Hello. After a break of who knows how long, I thought I'd dip my toe back in. Let's be honest, the world is going slightly mad out there (I hope everyone is safe and well), and its things like this game that I'm hoping will alleviate my boredom while the UK is on lockdown. Don't know if anyone remembers me, but if they do (with any form of fondness!) and are trying to start a game up then send me a message and I'll join.

M

Mike,

Remember you? My favourite PlayDip participant of all time! The author of the best idea PlayDip has had in years! You should see how your brainchild is doing. We still get quitters, so join...
The world is always crazy. It just depends on if we put punctuation marks, caused by Coronavirus & the like, in the sentences of madness. I tend to assume it’s hopelessly crazy always, so disregard it’s even worse moments, like right now.
I’m playing PDL Rev2. It’s really good & can recommend it. All games are extraordinary in their own way. Don’t know if I could join you in a game immediately (I’m on 3, which is about max for me) but so many welcomes back to this particular madhouse. I hope it serves as a break from the other one we term as reality,

All the best V
Platinum Classicist
Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished.
V

Standard rating: 1806
All-game rating: 1848
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby DirtyHarry » 26 Mar 2020, 01:50

I'm sorry, who are you again?
DirtyHarry
Premium Member

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: 1356
All-game rating: 1373
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Shyvve » 26 Mar 2020, 02:19

Welcome back, Mr. Parrett! Oh I remember you, passive-aggressively as 'that dude' that convinced me (Germany) to attack Austria around mid-game time frame. You were Italy. It's still one of my most fondly-remembered games.

Love to see you in your brainchild, the PDL, at some point in the future. Or another game although I've decided that two simultaneous games is about all I can play effectively.

Glad you're back. We've not wrecked the place up too much in your absence.
An Oldie and Gold Classicist. Moderator for the Classicist group.
Shyvve
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1351
All-game rating: 1381
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby V » 26 Mar 2020, 02:30

Shyvve wrote:Welcome back, Mr. Parrett! Oh I remember you, passive-aggressively as 'that dude' that convinced me (Germany) to attack Austria around mid-game time frame. You were Italy. It's still one of my most fondly-remembered games.

Love to see you in your brainchild, the PDL, at some point in the future. Or another game although I've decided that two simultaneous games is about all I can play effectively.

Glad you're back. We've not wrecked the place up too much in your absence.

Funny that, I remember him as Italy too. Guess he got to play it often. Always was lucky...
Platinum Classicist
Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished.
V

Standard rating: 1806
All-game rating: 1848
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby Don Juan of Austria » 26 Mar 2020, 03:49

mjparrett wrote:Hello. After a break of who knows how long, I thought I'd dip my toe back in. Let's be honest, the world is going slightly mad out there (I hope everyone is safe and well), and its things like this game that I'm hoping will alleviate my boredom while the UK is on lockdown. Don't know if anyone remembers me, but if they do (with any form of fondness!) and are trying to start a game up then send me a message and I'll join.

M

Boy do I remember you! ;) Haha! Welcome back! My view of the world just got a little happier.
I actually remember you in a PDL game where I was Italy and I think you were Turkey. Good times.
"In everything, moderation". ~Aristotle
A proud member of the Whippersnappers,
Bronze Classicists,
Lancer in the PBF cavalry.

Ireland in Heptarchy 16!
Don Juan of Toledo in Diplomacy for Dukes and Popes!
Don Juan of Austria

Standard rating: 1051
All-game rating: 1163
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby mjparrett » 26 Mar 2020, 13:04

Thanks for the replies :) I do remember most people from this site and most games fondly. The PDL was a painful one, but I'm glad to see someone give it another go. I'll happily be a stand by for games that suffer due to quitters.

I think the key for me is one game at a time. I'm too competitive and get too worked up to play any more than that! And that's not even getting started on how much lying and deceiving people wreak havoc with my emotions!
mjparrett

Standard rating: 1488
All-game rating: 1524
Timezone: GMT

Postby bindlestiff » 27 Mar 2020, 01:59

Ah, yes, I have fond memories of our encounters. How does a game of 1900, with anonymous countries, strike you? If interested, I'd be happy to get one started.
-- bindlestiff
-- Platinum Classicist, Star Ambassador, card-carrying Oldie, and all-around prince of a guy

"La parole nous a été donnée pour déguiser notre pensée." (We were given speech to hide our thoughts.)
-- Charles Maurice de Talleyrand-Périgord
bindlestiff
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1331
All-game rating: 1410
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby dib » 27 Mar 2020, 07:09

Hello Mike

Hope you are well. Carlo is doing a fine job. Welcome back

Watching the league with interest.

A cup is on offer in the form of the SuperPastis20 we have had some super openings and there my be a space in R2.

Get your name down here

1907 Cutoff in R1 &R2 1909 in R3
2-1-1 games
Unranked
28 players 3 qualifying round
Final and play off Medals available

viewtopic.php?f=919&t=60325

Dib
dib

Standard rating: (1824)
All-game rating: (1942)