1900 - More Unbalanced than the Classic Map?

Strategy discussions for the 1900 variant.
Forum rules
trategy
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines (see here: http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/view ... 30&t=15441), there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. Members should not seek advice about an active game they are in.
2. It follows that links, images, game name and/or number should not be added to a post if the game is active.
Posts which refer to a specific situation in an active game, or which link directly to an active game, are subject to editing or removal.

Re: 1900 - More Unbalanced than the Classic Map?

Postby ViscountSlim » 25 Feb 2013, 18:54

Actually, I'm afraid our grudge will have to wait. This game appears to have filled up already! I also invited everyone else that posted on here plus sinnybee and gsmx. If any of them join it will be a VERY good game indeed. I'll stand by to sub if anyone is dickweed enough to NMR or surrender.
Silver Member of The Classicists

Lord Tywin Lannister, Warden of the West, Shield of Lannisport, Lord of Casterly Rock in Diplomacy of Ice and Fire

Rsharpe wrote:I'm assisting a pedophilic king to retake the throne of France
ViscountSlim

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1029)
All-game rating: (1016)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Bob.Durf » 25 Feb 2013, 19:56

I disagree that France is the new Italy. The most important thing that this variant does is give every country more diplomatic options, by opening up the map, and adjusting the Great Powers.

I would say Germany seems like a all or nothing country. Extremely powerful, which makes it easy to convince others to gang up on them.
Cheater-Hunter (Fired on account of incompetence according to top secret reports)

There's a saying amongst the moderators: "If a job's worth doing, it's worth doing well. If it's not worth doing, give it to Bob." Promotion prospects: Comical
Bob.Durf

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (970)
All-game rating: (969)

Postby Radical Pumpkin » 26 Feb 2013, 01:36

I'd say France is the new Austria. Not necessarily weak, but highly vulnerable in the first couple of years.
Radical Pumpkin

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1599)
All-game rating: (1620)

Postby Bonerparte » 21 Mar 2013, 10:57

If you're losing early and hard as France, you're doing your diplomacy wrong.
Dinah Glass wrote:The Headmaster is a marvellous man and this is the best school I've ever been to.
Bonerparte

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (1255)
Timezone: GMT

Previous

Return to 1900 Strategy