United Kingdom of the Netherlands

Moderators: GuitarMan, ferdy0

Re: United Kingdom of the Netherlands

Postby ajpaolello » 02 Dec 2013, 23:36

Subotai45 wrote:
Kithchener wrote:I fear... URA


The United Kingdom of Portugal, Brazil, and the Algarves will not fall into uncontrolled anarchy, and will never become a republic.


And Anerica will not go into a tyrannical monarchy.
User avatar
ajpaolello
 
Posts: 1787
Joined: 07 Dec 2012, 22:26
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (786)
All-game rating: (786)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: United Kingdom of the Netherlands

Postby Subotai45 » 02 Dec 2013, 23:52

Well, I only said what I said because "URA" stands for "United Republics of the Americas", so it only matters that I'm not a republic.

Kithchener wrote:Oh fuck, the URA with Portugal and some of Africa as well. Shit shit shit

But I don't have all of South America, so that's better, right?
User avatar
Subotai45
 
Posts: 12449
Joined: 08 Oct 2012, 22:55
Location: Pitt
All-game rating: 4127
Timezone: GMT-9

Re: United Kingdom of the Netherlands

Postby GrexofFaria » 03 Dec 2013, 01:27

ajpaolello wrote:
GrexofFaria wrote:Did Brazil put a Brazilian in the white house in America? you seem so kiss assy to your southern neighbors considering all they've done to you in the past year


No I would've known. Trust me. However, you should learn to hold your tounge. You talk big for a small man.


I'll remember this When Brazil makes you its punching bag again
Wvandreforza in CYOC
Koning der Nederland in HOTW
Creator of China Diplomacy In Early Development so please check it out and comment!
User avatar
GrexofFaria
 
Posts: 491
Joined: 14 Oct 2013, 21:41
Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT

Re: United Kingdom of the Netherlands

Postby ajpaolello » 03 Dec 2013, 02:28

GrexofFaria wrote:
ajpaolello wrote:
GrexofFaria wrote:Did Brazil put a Brazilian in the white house in America? you seem so kiss assy to your southern neighbors considering all they've done to you in the past year


No I would've known. Trust me. However, you should learn to hold your tounge. You talk big for a small man.


I'll remember this When Brazil makes you its punching bag again


If that makes you feel better. Keep telling yourself that.
User avatar
ajpaolello
 
Posts: 1787
Joined: 07 Dec 2012, 22:26
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (786)
All-game rating: (786)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: United Kingdom of the Netherlands

Postby Subotai45 » 03 Dec 2013, 03:08

It's doubtful that war will erupt between ourselves and the United States again.

It's easy to see how one like the King of the Netherlands would wish to cause such a war. Your greatest ally has left, and you attempt to destroy the peace we have worked so hard and sacrificed so much for.
User avatar
Subotai45
 
Posts: 12449
Joined: 08 Oct 2012, 22:55
Location: Pitt
All-game rating: 4127
Timezone: GMT-9

Re: United Kingdom of the Netherlands

Postby GrexofFaria » 03 Dec 2013, 05:04

Subotai45 wrote:It's doubtful that war will erupt between ourselves and the United States again.

It's easy to see how one like the King of the Netherlands would wish to cause such a war. Your greatest ally has left, and you attempt to destroy the peace we have worked so hard and sacrificed so much for.


I see what Pez was talking about
Wvandreforza in CYOC
Koning der Nederland in HOTW
Creator of China Diplomacy In Early Development so please check it out and comment!
User avatar
GrexofFaria
 
Posts: 491
Joined: 14 Oct 2013, 21:41
Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT

Re: United Kingdom of the Netherlands

Postby Subotai45 » 03 Dec 2013, 13:02

?
User avatar
Subotai45
 
Posts: 12449
Joined: 08 Oct 2012, 22:55
Location: Pitt
All-game rating: 4127
Timezone: GMT-9

Re: United Kingdom of the Netherlands

Postby GrexofFaria » 03 Dec 2013, 23:59

Also I'm the cause of this war? I rallied people against Brazil's Union this whole time?
No. My father spent the remainder of his life supporting a peaceful Union between Brazil and Portugal whilst Prussia, Bavaria, Spain, and many other nations sat ready to go to war if you landed troops on the Portuguese soil. I am disturbing the peace you worked so hard to create? What? If you really worked so hard to create peace why does most of the world hate you? Why is there even a war against your nation happening? Because "petty little Netherlands" is spreading falsehoods about your nation? I'm sorry but if you are trying to get me to "believe in the "truth"" you are going about it the wrong way. I cause war with Brazil because my greatest ally left? From what I understand Germany is still at war with Brazil and you are still at war with it, yes I totally lost my greatest ally, just like Airsoft has united the South American continent and is at war with Brazil for Conquest.
I'm told to hold my tongue by an America that is suddenly buddy buddy with Brazil when y'all come crashing onto my thread constantly harassing me for the size of my military, yes Because I'm the only nation you actually have to worry about Subs. Insulting me unlike the US will not make me your friend again.
You've worked hard on peace? you've made sacrifices for peace? like what exactly? sacking New York? causing war with the US, and Spain that all three of you would sign a treaty? That you would march troops to Portugal for a peaceful union? Yes you have worked really hard for peace and have made great sacrifices to achieve such a concept
OOC: yes your play as Brazil has really been hard at work for peace like a Germany that invades Poland does for World Peace in 1939..
IC: Brazil you wish for the world to accept your "union' with Portugal despite your aggressive moves against your Neighbors and against the people you claim to be your own. Like I've quoted before the Portuguese are mixed in opinion of this "Union" between you and their country, so what does Brazil do? it Lands troops on the shores of the Portuguese capital of Lisbon when there was no call for such a move. What was your justification? "Portugal was worried the British would attack". Of all nations to choose, why Britain? Britain has a long standing Alliance with Portugal that was shown brightly by the Iberian Campaign which Liberated Portugal from Napoleon's France. We see here again that Britain is willing to sit its troops to oversee your "referendum" for a fair Vote by the Portuguese people, the same people you claim needed your military occupation to defend against that very nation.
I should hold my tongue? Why because my military does not stand at the very size of Brazil and America combined? no. I shall do no such thing. If I remember correctly The British said the same of the Colonies that rebelled against it. My personal military might be small, but a United European Military United by the aggression of Brazil is much larger than yours.
Wvandreforza in CYOC
Koning der Nederland in HOTW
Creator of China Diplomacy In Early Development so please check it out and comment!
User avatar
GrexofFaria
 
Posts: 491
Joined: 14 Oct 2013, 21:41
Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT

Re: United Kingdom of the Netherlands

Postby Subotai45 » 04 Dec 2013, 00:18

The new king of the UKPBA believes that Pedro was merely trying to say that you were attempting to stir up discord between ourselves and America.

The powers you mention were opposed to peaceful Lusophone union as well, although I supported it all along. They regard themselves as better rulers of Portugal than myself, chosen by God and supported by the people.

People hate what they fear, and fear that what they do not understand. They did not understand the mutual desire for unification displayed by the Lusophone peoples, and feared an expansionist Brazil, for reasons even I, a so-called victim of their "aggression", do not understand.

I believe you misread my predecessor's statement. He merely thought you were attempting to cause a war between ourselves and America, to offset the loss caused by the death of Kaiser Vae I.

I apologize for any insult caused by the former ruler. I am sure he did not intend to offend you. We are pleasantly surprised by America's words.

Our peace with America has been hard. We fought two wars to find a mutually acceptable agreement that would ensure peace between our nations, wars that caused both Brazilian and American deaths.

Dom Pedro II sent troops to protect me, and all Portuguese from foreign powers that would not support our rightful union. We asked for it, it was justified and legal.

The Portuguese people are my subjects, I am their servant.

Britain has opposed the union of Portugal and Brazil. They treat us as a prized pet, not as an equal, as a nation of our own. They demanded preferential treatment in Brazil, even a port in Brazil, in return for helping my relatives flee there during the war you speak of.

The Luso-Brazilian people offer peace and friendship with the Dutch. If you again decline our hand in friendship, we will raise it in war.
User avatar
Subotai45
 
Posts: 12449
Joined: 08 Oct 2012, 22:55
Location: Pitt
All-game rating: 4127
Timezone: GMT-9

Re: United Kingdom of the Netherlands

Postby jkid » 04 Dec 2013, 04:39

GrexofFaria wrote:Also I'm the cause of this war? I rallied people against Brazil's Union this whole time?
No. My father spent the remainder of his life supporting a peaceful Union between Brazil and Portugal whilst Prussia, Bavaria, Spain, and many other nations sat ready to go to war if you landed troops on the Portuguese soil. I am disturbing the peace you worked so hard to create? What? If you really worked so hard to create peace why does most of the world hate you? Why is there even a war against your nation happening? Because "petty little Netherlands" is spreading falsehoods about your nation? I'm sorry but if you are trying to get me to "believe in the "truth"" you are going about it the wrong way. I cause war with Brazil because my greatest ally left? From what I understand Germany is still at war with Brazil and you are still at war with it, yes I totally lost my greatest ally, just like Airsoft has united the South American continent and is at war with Brazil for Conquest.
I'm told to hold my tongue by an America that is suddenly buddy buddy with Brazil when y'all come crashing onto my thread constantly harassing me for the size of my military, yes Because I'm the only nation you actually have to worry about Subs. Insulting me unlike the US will not make me your friend again.
You've worked hard on peace? you've made sacrifices for peace? like what exactly? sacking New York? causing war with the US, and Spain that all three of you would sign a treaty? That you would march troops to Portugal for a peaceful union? Yes you have worked really hard for peace and have made great sacrifices to achieve such a concept
OOC: yes your play as Brazil has really been hard at work for peace like a Germany that invades Poland does for World Peace in 1939..
IC: Brazil you wish for the world to accept your "union' with Portugal despite your aggressive moves against your Neighbors and against the people you claim to be your own. Like I've quoted before the Portuguese are mixed in opinion of this "Union" between you and their country, so what does Brazil do? it Lands troops on the shores of the Portuguese capital of Lisbon when there was no call for such a move. What was your justification? "Portugal was worried the British would attack". Of all nations to choose, why Britain? Britain has a long standing Alliance with Portugal that was shown brightly by the Iberian Campaign which Liberated Portugal from Napoleon's France. We see here again that Britain is willing to sit its troops to oversee your "referendum" for a fair Vote by the Portuguese people, the same people you claim needed your military occupation to defend against that very nation.
I should hold my tongue? Why because my military does not stand at the very size of Brazil and America combined? no. I shall do no such thing. If I remember correctly The British said the same of the Colonies that rebelled against it. My personal military might be small, but a United European Military United by the aggression of Brazil is much larger than yours.


Bravo!!! I especially love the OOC line.


Subotai45 wrote:The Portuguese people are my subjects, I am their servant.


Tell me, how does your country function when you and your people simultaneously call each other master? :lol:
Member of the Swag Bagels.
User avatar
jkid
 
Posts: 7785
Joined: 24 Nov 2010, 19:15
Location: East Tennessee, USA
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1016)
All-game rating: (974)
Timezone: GMT-5

PreviousNext

Return to Archived

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests