Grand tournament

4-qualifying rounds and a Final Board. TD: rick.leeds

Re: Grand tournament

Postby General Karthos » 07 Apr 2013, 01:36

Shouldn't game 2s have started by now? Just curious, because in the rules it says that games one and two will be played "almost simultaneously".
Generation 33 (The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)
General Karthos

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (943)
All-game rating: (935)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby HonestAbe » 10 Apr 2013, 20:30

Please show Rick some appreciation for running a tournament in the first place, rather than only making him wonder why he bothers.
HonestAbe

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1411)
All-game rating: (1587)
Timezone: GMT+8

Postby rick.leeds » 13 Apr 2013, 11:06

Second Round games, as was explained, had game starts sent out approximately a week after the last Round 1 game started.

However, I have AGAIN had to chase people up about joining games. I shouldn't have to do that and will be waiting until the weekend is up then sending out replace and remove warnings to anyone who hasn't yet joined their Round 2 game. This chasing people up is what makes running a tournament a pain.
World Diplomacy Forum.
Online Resources editor at the Diplomatic Pouch.
Don't let the stepladder get you. Watch where you're stepping. ANY step could be a doozy.
rick.leeds
Site Admin
Site Admin

Standard rating: (1158)
All-game rating: (1070)
Timezone: GMT

Postby General Karthos » 20 Apr 2013, 02:26

I didn't mean for that to come across as being rude or impatient, so I'm sorry if it did. I really, really, appreciate him running the tournament. I was simply asking a question.
Generation 33 (The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)
General Karthos

Standard rating: (943)
All-game rating: (935)

Postby TwoAngryFigs » 20 Apr 2013, 02:55

Rick, thanks so much for volunteering to take this on. I'm sure all participants are grateful for the effort and diligence you've spent on this, not only through setting the tournament up to begin with, but also the less-fun chasing and replacing as well.
He's a Fightin' Texas Aggie
And he will be 'till he's dead

Silver member of The Classicists
TwoAngryFigs

Standard rating: (1501)
All-game rating: (1531)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby rick.leeds » 08 Jun 2013, 14:47

All Round 1 games have finished for tournament purposes. 2 are still on-going and their results will not be posted until they are finished.

Results of games will now be put up when they are ended. Go to the results thread to see how the 3 ended Round 1 game finished; there is also one game from Round 2 completed.

The tournament table has not been filled-in as games are still on-going. However, it will be completed when this happens.
World Diplomacy Forum.
Don't let the stepladder get you. Watch where you're stepping. ANY step could be a doozy.
rick.leeds
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Petunia » 08 Jun 2013, 20:22

Rick, you are doing an AWESOME job.

I assume based on your posts in the results thread that you're okay with my plan for my spot. Things are going to be unpredictable for me for a while and rather than have to unexpectedly and unpreparedly find a replacement I thought it best to take matters into my own hands. So this will suffice as my own public announcement that I've given my spot in the GTII to gsmx. He took over my Round 1 game for me and brought it to conclusion, and will be replacing me in subsequent games from their beginning.
Any views expressed prior to Dec 2013 are solely my own and do not represent the site or its administration in any way.
I took a break from the site for a while. I'm back now. Hi.
Platinum Classicist
Petunia

Standard rating: (1583)
All-game rating: (1571)

Postby rick.leeds » 09 Jun 2013, 00:29

Petunia, I am sorry - I meant to get back to you about this and say that the way you and gsmx had handled this was fine. I did PM gsmx and make sure he was OK to take over long term, but it must have slipped my mind PMing you :oops:
World Diplomacy Forum.
rick.leeds
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Petunia » 09 Jun 2013, 02:01

Not a problem at all. I shudder to think how many PMs you received during your rest/recovery period.
Any views expressed prior to Dec 2013 are solely my own and do not represent the site or its administration in any way.
I took a break from the site for a while. I'm back now. Hi.
Platinum Classicist
Petunia

Standard rating: (1583)
All-game rating: (1571)

Postby Custer » 23 Jun 2013, 18:39

Awesome job Rick! I appreciate all that you do. ;) I think tourney games should be ranked, and finish after 1912 or whatever you set it at, and then they just play out like any other game. Why not? I don't play unranked games. I mean, whats the point? Kinda like drinking Light beer...... :o
First..........get off my lawn! Second........it's a dashing self portrait! Courtesy of The Craw. Third.....I am still SHIV, Keeper of the Stone Tablets! Go Pack!
Custer
Premium Member

Location: Sailing somewhere in the Rockies on the Black Pearl but originally a Yooper!
Standard rating: 1127
All-game rating: 1101
Timezone: GMT-6

PreviousNext

Return to Grand Tournament 2