Page 1 of 1

Too old to be in Students group; too young to be an Oldie!

PostPosted: 07 May 2015, 09:23
by sinnybee
Anyone else out there who wants their own group!?
Are you, like me, too old to be in the Students/Whippersnappers group and too young to be in the Oldies group?

Let's make our own group! Join me! :)

We could name ourselves the... Middles? The Millennials? Millennial Generation? Middlennials? Best and the Brightest? No longer living with parents & not yet in retirement home? :lol:
We would consist of age 23-39, those outside the age boundaries of the other two groups.
We could play our own games between ourselves and could even participate in a tournament that proves that we (of course) are much better at Diplomacy than the youngins and the geezers :twisted:.

Let us no longer settle to fall between the cracks! Let us make a name for ourselves! Let us rise up and shine and take our place in the ranks! :roll:

Yes? No? Maybe?

I don't exactly play online Diplomacy anymore, but I've really been meaning to set up a group like this for a long time.

For example, I set up game # 71541 back in November, 2013, with the description:
Open to all, but preferably to players age 15-35, who have a rating of at least 1000 (unrated is acceptable).

I really liked having a game in which I didn't have to bother with the... differently aligned minds of the very young and the older :)... just normal peers of about my age :).

Also, even while posting anonymously, it's fun to make fun of oldies.

:mrgreen:

Re: Too old to be in Students group; too young to be an Oldi

PostPosted: 07 May 2015, 14:21
by asudevil
I don't feel the need to have my own group. I feel the youn'uns need one cause they just kids who don't know anything. Not to mention they can't write a sentence without an emoji or a misspelling. And the oldies need one so that the rest of us don't get mad when they're so slow with their walkers and have to keep repeating themselves cause they forgot what they said the first time.

Those of us in the PRIME of our lives we control the world. We don't need our own group to show we are the best. We are the best. Its unquestioned.

Re: Too old to be in Students group; too young to be an Oldi

PostPosted: 10 May 2015, 10:14
by sinnybee
Just trying to think of a possible excuse to become more active in the forum again... guess not 8-).

Re: Too old to be in Students group; too young to be an Oldi

PostPosted: 10 May 2015, 14:44
by asudevil
sinnybee wrote:Just trying to think of a possible excuse to become more active in the forum again... guess not 8-).


Well, my answer was sarcastic...but yeah, Im a little surprised this didn't take off more.

Re: Too old to be in Students group; too young to be an Oldi

PostPosted: 12 May 2015, 05:06
by anaupr
asudevil wrote:I don't feel the need to have my own group. I feel the youn'uns need one cause they just kids who don't know anything. Not to mention they can't write a sentence without an emoji or a misspelling. And the oldies need one so that the rest of us don't get mad when they're so slow with their walkers and have to keep repeating themselves cause they forgot what they said the first time.

Those of us in the PRIME of our lives we control the world. We don't need our own group to show we are the best. We are the best. Its unquestioned.

HEY! I CAN TOTELLY SPEL SOMTHING RITE AND NOT YOUSE EMOJIS! :lol: :!: :idea: :D :mrgreen: :ugeek:

Re: Too old to be in Students group; too young to be an Oldi

PostPosted: 12 May 2015, 05:21
by Alman
sinnybee wrote:We could name ourselves the... Middles? The Millennials? Millennial Generation? Middlennials? Best and the Brightest? No longer living with parents & not yet in retirement home?


"Old Enough to Know Better but Not Young Enough to Do Better"
"Out of the House but Not Yet in the Home"
"The Not Young but Still Restless"
"Pre-Geritol Gang"