1933 Diplomacy Signups/GM Rules

5-player game set in Europe as the Versailles Treaty begins to break down; Players bid for control of minor powers. Designed by Pharaoh of nerds and GMd by asudevil. Draw between France (thelastchris) and Germany (BoomstickS)

Re: 1933 Diplomacy Signups/GM Rules

Postby asudevil » 23 Apr 2012, 23:39

BlueBorjigin wrote:What's up with the unnamed state between Yugoslavia and Greece?

Im sure its Albania...I bet the original map had a name there, and I just didnt transfer it....I will get a name on it by the opening of the game.
Captain FANG, forum team championships WINNER
Part of the surviving nations of WW4/Haven

Unless I am in the cheater's subforum. 99% of what I say is NOT as a mod.
asudevil
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1351)
All-game rating: (1437)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby BlueBorjigin » 29 Apr 2012, 03:31

Asudevil, it must be fun to GM a game like this where you get to read so much communication. You'll have to weigh in at the end on who you think was the best diplomat.
BlueBorjigin

Standard rating: (1175)
All-game rating: (1192)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby asudevil » 29 Apr 2012, 04:13

BlueBorjigin wrote:Asudevil, it must be fun to GM a game like this where you get to read so much communication. You'll have to weigh in at the end on who you think was the best diplomat.

I dont even read the communication. I just forward it. And Im actually more surprised with how LITTLE people are talking. So I hope people are talking more amongst Major Powers

asudevil
Premium Member

Postby thelastChris » 20 May 2012, 17:31

It just occurred to me whilst musing in one of my more lonely moments that it's possible in this variant that no-one wins (including draws). It is incredibly unlikely, but it is possible that rather than the Major Powers two MPs rise controlled by a Major Power which is eaten up by the other MP etc etc, resulting in two very large minor powers which could take the last SC of the major powers on the same round, which would result in two large Minor Powers and no major powers.

On a slightly more realistic possibility, a major power may lose it's last SC and thus be 'out' but may have enough residual IPs that despite the fact that they are halved may leave them in control of a Minor Power... what would happen then? :)
thelastChris

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT

Postby asudevil » 20 May 2012, 17:38

thelastChris wrote:It just occurred to me whilst musing in one of my more lonely moments that it's possible in this variant that no-one wins (including draws). It is incredibly unlikely, but it is possible that rather than the Major Powers two MPs rise controlled by a Major Power which is eaten up by the other MP etc etc, resulting in two very large minor powers which could take the last SC of the major powers on the same round, which would result in two large Minor Powers and no major powers.

On a slightly more realistic possibility, a major power may lose it's last SC and thus be 'out' but may have enough residual IPs that despite the fact that they are halved may leave them in control of a Minor Power... what would happen then? :)

Ok, your first scenario just wont happen, from a number of builds standpoint and how many home SC's we are talking about to build on.

The second scenario, that MP would continue to control the mP but the other MP would just have to wait long enough and get enough IP's (since the original MP is out of IP), to take control of the mP and swallow it up.

Its not going to be an issue here though, I assure you

asudevil
Premium Member

Postby thelastChris » 20 May 2012, 18:51

Oh no don't worry I didn't think it would be an issue (although the latter point would probably happen after a few games) but I just thought that it was an interesting curiosity of the variant :)
thelastChris

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT

Previous

Return to 1933 [1 Game] {All Maps Lost}