Unconstitutional v2.0 Comments wanted

This is the place for games which are currently being created and developed, and where the designer is listening to feedback from other players. The game is not ready to play, and the designers are not looking for sign-ups - indeed, they may have no intention of GMing the game themselves when it is finished. But your input is welcome!

Moderator: Morg

Forum rules
Despite repeated requests, designers are still regularly posting maps of several hundred Kb size. All maps should be under 80Kb and preferable 50-60 maximum. Unless you have prior permission, any larger map will be removed without warning.

Unconstitutional v2.0 Comments wanted

Postby David E. Cohen » 20 Jan 2021, 05:15

Let me know what you think. Rules and background for the scenario are on the map.
Attachments
Unconstitutional-2.0D.png
Unconstitutional-2.0D.png (127.33 KiB) Viewed 487 times
The Academy of Creative Destruction is looking for new members. Please contact me if you have questions or are interested in joining the ACD.
David E. Cohen

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Unconstitutional v2.0 Comments wanted

Postby David E. Cohen » 24 Jan 2021, 13:46

There is a very hard stalemate line between the northeast part of the Unconstitutional map and the rest of the map. From Western Reserve through Westsylvania out through the South Atlantic. What is worse is that it can divide the board 17-17. I really don't want a stalemate line that encourages two way draws. I tried some High Seas zones, but they do not seem right for this variant. 

My next thought is to add a dot.  Toward the end of the Revolutionary War, the French had taken the Turks and Caicos islands, while the British had taken St. Pierre and Miquelon.  Both were returned under the ensuing treaty, but I think it entirely plausible that each could have been kept by its conqueror.  Given that foundation, perhaps the Turks and Caicos could have been included along with the Floridas and Hispaniola in the alternate Louisiana Purchase which is the background for the variant.   

This would give me a location for a 35th dot, making a two way draw much less likely (a dot would need to remain neutral) and given the extra sea province I inserted, the stalemate line would be somewhat more difficult to "achieve".  Let me know what you think.
Attachments
Unconstitutional-2_0F.png
Unconstitutional-2_0F.png (128.23 KiB) Viewed 382 times
The Academy of Creative Destruction is looking for new members. Please contact me if you have questions or are interested in joining the ACD.
David E. Cohen

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Return to PbF Variant Development