Live Game: March 25th at 9pm UTC

Does what it says on the tin.

Moderators: Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11, Zoomzip

First Live game this weekend! Please check off any times you can make.

Poll ended at 26 Mar 2018, 12:41

Saturday, March 24th at 7pm GMT
13%
Saturday, March 24th at 8pm GMT
10%
Saturday, March 24th at 9pm GMT
10%
Sunday, March 25th at 7pm GMT
16%
Sunday, March 25th at 8pm GMT
19%
Sunday, March 25th at 9pm GMT
23%
Can't play this weekend but hopefully later :)
10%

Total votes : 31

Re: Live Game: March 25th at 9pm UTC

Postby shadowface » 26 Mar 2018, 12:09

Yeah, that was great! It was like Town of Salem with smart people. Glad you and so many other people came by. I definitely want to play again next weekend - even if it is 11pm to 4am again. The upside is I (shockingly) rarely book other things for that time period on Sunday.

I'd say, based on how people showed up for this one, instead of trying to schedule a specific time when everyone can be on, just have a ~4 hour period where the GM will be on, and then people can drop in. Once 5 players are there, you start the first game, and then any newcomers just wait for the next one, so the longer games just run whenever the most people are on. I was thinking it would be more people at once, and thus one or two longer games, but it worked more like a series of shorter, more flexible drop-in games, which is fine too.

I believe nanook's offered to GM the next one.
The player formerly known as shadowfriend1

The begrudging bearer of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:
shadowface

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (892)
All-game rating: (892)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Nanook » 26 Mar 2018, 16:37

I have! I'll post a time frame I can be around on Thursday or so. (The post will be on Thursday, the time frame will be on Saturday--in case that wasn't clear!)
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby shadowface » 26 Mar 2018, 17:16

nanooktheeskimo wrote:I have! I'll post a time frame I can be around on Thursday or so. (The post will be on Thursday, the time frame will be on Saturday--in case that wasn't clear!)

So it'll be Saturday at around the same time? If we could start a bit (like an hour) earlier that would be great for me and the other people in Europe, I think.

shadowface

Postby Nanook » 26 Mar 2018, 17:18

shadowface wrote:
nanooktheeskimo wrote:I have! I'll post a time frame I can be around on Thursday or so. (The post will be on Thursday, the time frame will be on Saturday--in case that wasn't clear!)

So it'll be Saturday at around the same time? If we could start a bit (like an hour) earlier that would be great for me and the other people in Europe, I think.

It'll probably be a bit earlier by an hour or two, but I'm not 100% sure of my schedule yet :)
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby shadowface » 26 Mar 2018, 22:42

nanooktheeskimo wrote:
shadowface wrote:

It'll probably be a bit earlier by an hour or two, but I'm not 100% sure of my schedule yet :)

Sounds good! It's no big deal, I just figure if we start earlier we can play longer :)

Also, I have a special design I thought of that I'd like to run towards the end of when we play this Saturday, if you don't mind. It will just be one round because it has special hidden roles, so it can only be run once. But I think it will be really fun.

shadowface

Postby Nanook » 26 Mar 2018, 22:45

shadowface wrote:
nanooktheeskimo wrote:
shadowface wrote:So it'll be Saturday at around the same time? If we could start a bit (like an hour) earlier that would be great for me and the other people in Europe, I think.

Sounds good! It's no big deal, I just figure if we start earlier we can play longer :)

Also, I have a special design I thought of that I'd like to run towards the end of when we play this Saturday, if you don't mind. It will just be one round because it has special hidden roles, so it can only be run once. But I think it will be really fun.

Of course! You can run that whenever there's the right amount of people for it, sounds like fun :)
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby bkbkbk » 27 Mar 2018, 02:08

Anyone have any AAR-like thoughts to share from the games? How many more did you lot get through?
Regards,
BK

Moderator of this shady corner of the forum. Come and pay us a visit!
bkbkbk

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Nanook » 27 Mar 2018, 02:14

bkbkbk wrote:Anyone have any AAR-like thoughts to share from the games? How many more did you lot get through?

I left after the second, they played 2 while I was gone, and I got back for the fifth and last one.

It's a lot different than normal mafia. You kind of have to play vote early vote often, with the 15 minute deadlines. It's a lot of fun for sure, and frantic in a good way. A lot of gut stuff and soul reading combined with looking for smaller discrepancies than we'd normally push.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby kimpossible » 27 Mar 2018, 02:54

(Disclaimer: I am on my second(?) glass of wine, so hopefully this is coherent.)

It felt to me like a sort of microcosm of the games I've played here. Like a crystallization of the principles of scumhunting I've learned so far, trying to apply them quickly and decisively. Going into it, I thought the idea of trying to make reads in that short a timeframe seemed impossible, but I was really surprised by how much I was able to glean from a few minutes of interaction.
Bearer of the Former Aura of Greater Towniness
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award

Her?
kimpossible

Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)

Postby kimpossible » 27 Mar 2018, 03:00

(Did it kinda make my night when shirt said it would have been good to have me there earlier? Yeah, it totally kinda did.)
Bearer of the Former Aura of Greater Towniness
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award

Her?
kimpossible

Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)

PreviousNext

Return to Live Games