Live Game: March 25th at 9pm UTC

Does what it says on the tin.

Moderators: Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11, Zoomzip

First Live game this weekend! Please check off any times you can make.

Poll ended at 26 Mar 2018, 12:41

Saturday, March 24th at 7pm GMT
13%
Saturday, March 24th at 8pm GMT
10%
Saturday, March 24th at 9pm GMT
10%
Sunday, March 25th at 7pm GMT
16%
Sunday, March 25th at 8pm GMT
19%
Sunday, March 25th at 9pm GMT
23%
Can't play this weekend but hopefully later :)
10%

Total votes : 31

Re: Live Game: March 25th at 9pm UTC

Postby shadowface » 27 Mar 2018, 10:17

bkbkbk wrote:Anyone have any AAR-like thoughts to share from the games? How many more did you lot get through?

We played 5 games, with 6/4/5/6/7 players IIRC. Ran overtime a few hours, because new people kept coming to to replenish the player base, and as long as there are 5 people there's no reason not to roll up one more game!
4 players I think was too small though :lol:

kim wrote:Going into it, I thought the idea of trying to make reads in that short a timeframe seemed impossible, but I was really surprised by how much I was able to glean from a few minutes of interaction.

Because I think one of the differences is that the scum's job of lying is made harder as well - they can't proofread or anything. The advantage when you're basically posting stream-of-consciousness definitely goes to the town, as people actually will be scumslipping about things that are usually below our play standards here.
The player formerly known as shadowfriend1

The begrudging bearer of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:
shadowface

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (892)
All-game rating: (892)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Nanook » 27 Mar 2018, 10:18

I weirdly enjoyed four players. Was kind of fun.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby kimpossible » 27 Mar 2018, 12:34

nanooktheeskimo wrote:I weirdly enjoyed four players. Was kind of fun.

I bet 3:1 would kinda work with no NK. Gives town the chance to scumhunt based on voting. The game where we lynched Zander D1 was entertaining, but didn't feel like real Werewolf because so much of it was just "He's lurking."

But, having watched one 6-player game and played another, I agree it really does need at least 7 to get interesting. The dynamics change when you have two scum trying to work together, which I think is more fun than playing "Spot the Liar."
Bearer of the Former Aura of Greater Towniness
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award

Her?
kimpossible

Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)

Postby Parabellum » 27 Mar 2018, 14:49

shadowface wrote:Because I think one of the differences is that the scum's job of lying is made harder as well - they can't proofread or anything. The advantage when you're basically posting stream-of-consciousness definitely goes to the town, as people actually will be scumslipping about things that are usually below our play standards here.

I dunno about that. I didn't feel like the game I played as scum was harder, but that might have been because I had an experienced scumbuddy to take the lead... and because we killed the two most experienced town d1 and n1. I want another shot at it. :)
The thought of you has upheld me through all I have endured today, and shall, through fifty times such trouble. Give me your hand. My heart is linked to yours... What, if I am steeped in poverty? You lighten it, and we will be poor together.
Parabellum

Standard rating: 969
All-game rating: 956

Postby Keirador » 27 Mar 2018, 21:17

What ratios and results did y'all get?
Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
Keirador

Location: Living secretly in the home of every single resident of Night Vale
Standard rating: (1132)
All-game rating: (1133)

Postby Parabellum » 27 Mar 2018, 22:33

The final two games were:

5:1 Town win; scum Zander lynched for lurking D1 (BS case against him, since he always lurked regardless of alignment... just turned out to be right this time)
5:2 Scum win; shirt mislynched D1, Kim nk'd N1, Dwiltse mislynched D2. Para/Nook scumteam. Nook carried us through d2 especially.

Those were the only two I played, so not sure on the rest. The first one was kind of a let down, to be honest... Zander didn't really do anything wrong, and the game was all of one day phase, so not real exciting. That's absolutely no one's fault, just the way it worked out.

The second game was much more fun, since we actually had more than 1 day phase (and because I was scum).
The thought of you has upheld me through all I have endured today, and shall, through fifty times such trouble. Give me your hand. My heart is linked to yours... What, if I am steeped in poverty? You lighten it, and we will be poor together.
Parabellum

Standard rating: 969
All-game rating: 956

Postby shirt » 31 Mar 2018, 00:41

kimbyrle wrote:(Did it kinda make my night when shirt said it would have been good to have me there earlier? Yeah, it totally kinda did.)
I'm slightly more awake now, than i was when i said it..... (or at least i was, when i started writing this.... yesterday)
but yeah, you eared that one.

But, having watched one 6-player game and played another, I agree it really does need at least 7 to get interesting. The dynamics change when you have two scum trying to work together, which I think is more fun than playing "Spot the Liar."
4:2 nightless, might be a possibility here

Keirador wrote:What ratios and results did y'all get?

G1: 5:1 (no no-lynxh)
D1: zander lynched (with me as runner up)
N1: me
D2: nanook (scum)
survivors: dwilt, bk, willie
(not sure why, but 'POE-based endgame' does put you in the cross-hares for POE yourself)

G2: 3:1 (nightless)
D1 me (scum)
survivors: dwilt nanook zander
(caught by nanook(town-shirt would have looked for the possibility of scum-nanook), bandwagoned by vengeful dwilt)

G3: 4:1
D1: Prince Ali
D2: Zander
endgamed: dwilt
winner: willie (brilliantly capitalized on 'the noob card' ascribed to him, and the lack of urge to scumhunt among the survivors)

G4: 5:1 (no no-lynch)
D1: Zander (scum) (for active-lurking)
survivors: Kim, dwilts,princeAli,para and me

G5: 5:2
D1: me (close with dwilt)
N1: kim
D2: dwilt
endgamed: ali, zander
winners: para, nanook.
With less need to point out 'you can't sit the first hour out in an half hour game' (the game started pretty good), i got branded as 'less aggressive than normal', the repeated statement, drowned out all evidence to the contraly. D2 Para and Nanook just completely controlled the town (they didn't do that bad D1 either)
I'm literally a five headed dragon... Who cares!
shirt

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT +1

Postby bkbkbk » 31 Mar 2018, 02:22

shirt wrote:G1: 5:1 (no no-lynxh)
D1: zander lynched (with me as runner up)
D2: nanook (scum)
survivors: dwilt, bk, willie
(not sure why, but 'POE-based endgame' does put you in the cross-hares for POE yourself)

That was Zander?!
Regards,
BK

Moderator of this shady corner of the forum. Come and pay us a visit!
bkbkbk

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT

Previous

Return to Live Games